Would things be different

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
phasys

13 Aug 2015

deepndark wrote:Would things be different if Reason would have a different name?
Also, what kind of name it should have?
Maybe " Softrack PRO 9 "?

Anyway, Reason isn't bad but the word is a witch, that may affect our minds. Reason as a word makes me feel like this software isn't a serious tool to create music, but the truth is very far from that. :puf_smile:
Dude really.

dvdrtldg

13 Aug 2015

How about iReason

Jmax

13 Aug 2015

deepndark wrote:
Jmax wrote:
deepndark wrote:How about this name: " Passion 9"
Passion sounds very girly and feminine.

Reason makes you think about reason and creating. Perfect name.

It doesn't matter what it's called so you don't need to think about it.
Here where I live passion is what makes you love music making so I don't think it's only a "girly" thing.
PS. Seems like we can't have open minded discussion here. Smartasses always ruin the purpose of the forums.
I didn't mean to sound like a smart ass and apologize if I can off that way. I simply meant you shouldn't give it to much thought what the name is. But if they were to call it something else I guess there are a lot of possibilities. No hard feelings.

deepndark

14 Aug 2015

Jmax wrote:
I didn't mean to sound like a smart ass and apologize if I can off that way. I simply meant you shouldn't give it to much thought what the name is. But if they were to call it something else I guess there are a lot of possibilities. No hard feelings.
Yeah, no problem. It's not like I was serious about a name-change - just saying. :mrgreen:
PS. Hello Phasys, not banned yet? - that's a miracle, haha!

boobytrap

14 Aug 2015

deepndark wrote:Would things be different if Reason would have a different name?
Also, what kind of name it should have?
Maybe " Softrack PRO 9 "?

Anyway, Reason isn't bad but the word is a witch, that may affect our minds. Reason as a word makes me feel like this software isn't a serious tool to create music, but the truth is very far from that. :puf_smile:
here's some of mine

ReTools 9 :re:
ReWig 9 :re:
ReBase 9 :re:
ReLeton 9 :re:
ReOne 9 :re:
ReGic Pro 9 :re:

**Reaper & Renoise already been taken, Sorry for that *** :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :re: :re: :re: :re: :re: :re:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

gak

14 Aug 2015

How about just "crack" ??

EnochLight

14 Aug 2015

I think it should be renamed Fluffy Unicorn Farts Pro 42. That's a professional name that I would totally take seriously. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Last Alternative

14 Aug 2015

ColorSounds
VibraSound
ReViver
MusicWare
FrequenSea
A1-5000
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

motuscott

14 Aug 2015

ReViver
Ha!
Here's my two dolla.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

zakalwe

14 Aug 2015

it's named after the prototype weapon in neal stephenson's snow crash i think (or it's an urban myth that it was)

they could rename it apple modular rack.

Puckboy2000

15 Aug 2015

I always liked the name Reason.
It was the first DAW that was intuitive and made sense how the work flow was managed.
Thus, if I am using my brain to reason, I can figure out how everything works in this program.
So the name made sense to me then and still does now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

• Information