For Reason 7 Users, What feature will make you to upgrade to Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

22 Sep 2015

I'd upgrade to 9 if it has video support...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yonatan

23 Sep 2015

I found this on Big fish audio comment section of Vintage Strongs, so that changes would be good before or alongside video-support, because if video, we also need some quality virtual instruments to make great movie sound:
"-we are definitely looking into the possibility of doing a Reason ReFill or Rack Extension, but there are a couple of issues we're going to need to figure out. The fist is that there's no "intelligent harmonization" feature in Reason, as there is in Kontakt; that means we'd only be able to create "fixed" chords and intervals, and we could only do that by creating Combinators with multiple samplers. Also, Reason's key-switching is limited compared to Kontakt's, so we could't do the "All Articulations" patches the way we did them in the Kontakt version. We're going to do our best to work around those issues, though, so we can come up with a good version of Vintage Strings for Reason users (like me!) ."

Dance FX 21

23 Sep 2015

For me, a Combinator Mark II. I would also like to see a graphic editor for the dynamics section on the channel strip (mixer), in similar fashion to that on the eq section.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

4filegate

23 Sep 2015

False Perspective

SDK/mode assignable for RE distributor's profit and only one feature in Reason DAW universe i.e. RE ABL3 ghost backdrop
with no access. We can't talk about mode RE assigned automatisation SDK/limit, that feels like the line at the checkout.

Pinkbox

23 Sep 2015

I planned to don't upgrade to Reason 9 unless there's a combinator mk2.

davidhyno

23 Sep 2015

As mentioned earlier , it 's just a question of price. Mine is just an hobby to which I can spend no more than four or five hours a week with Reason , and then I did not really have the time to know him better and use it efficiently . So I have no such need to update Reason at this time . For sure I will update the program as soon as Propellerheads will have regard to the situation of users like me who have no compelling need ( as an offer to upgrade at half the price - € 60 - or in a bundle with a choice Rig - or equivalents REs for 130 € for example). Reason 7 for me is just I need (and love it!).

Bye,
davidhyno

Creativemind

23 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Well I dunno I think the stock devices are still pretty decent. I mean even though I've got the likes of Antidote in my rack, I still use Subtractor, and Thor. Aside from some minor tweaks to the existing instruments (option for LFO phase reset on Sub, proper unison mode in Thor) I would love to see an official PH granular synth, and a set of modular half-racks, with the half-rack format opened up in the SDK so that third party developers can create small, inexpensive modular blocks (new filters, oscillators, utilities, etc.).

Wishful thinking, perhaps :)
Do you think a brand new Ganular Synth would be better than just adding loading of your own samples into Malstrom then?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

23 Sep 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:I don't think we'll see v9 for awhile because they want to make good on that v8 being the biggest version claim. Even though I hate PH I'll upgrade when 8.4 comes out because I like the workflow of 8.3. Reason is the only DAW that I use that sync's perfectly with S1 in rewire. I push all of my audio in S1 to the beginning and can go to the piano roll in Reason and click the first box and it will be in perfect sync at the start in S1 and the same tempo,for my workflow this is huge.

It's a shame in 2015 it has no markers though.
My guess is Reason 9 before this time next year. I think we'll see 8.4 before the end of the year, guessing October / November, and fingers crossed - an 8.5 before next April.

Creativemind

23 Sep 2015

decibel wrote:i get the feeling we are never going to see any free instruments,effects again with any upgrades but hopefully im wrong about that ? in the meantime how ever why not upgrade all existing instruments and effects and bring them all up to date with what ever new feature improvements that can be implemented with the current technology , a more advanced spectrum EQ window would be welcome also. apart from that its all the typical requests that people make here week after week such as sample loading, new combinator, etc. theres really no shortage of popular requests to keep the developers at propellerhead HQ busy, they should be doing everything possible to make the app just as good as any of the more high end daws available out there imo

*oh and i think channel strip options by companys such as universal audio, waves, etc could be interesting
Yes, think that was obvious as soon as Rack Extensions came out. No more stock devices. What I think they should do, is make some things I think Reason needs that now exist as Re's free say in Reason 9. Things such as the Selig DeEsser, Red Rock Sounds Peak Programme Meter (or some other good all round metering tool) and Re-202 Exciter perhaps? maybe the Chenile Chorus. A Chorus device on it's own, as the Chorus / Flanger isn't esactly the same is it.
Last edited by Creativemind on 23 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

chimp_spanner

23 Sep 2015

Creativemind wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Well I dunno I think the stock devices are still pretty decent. I mean even though I've got the likes of Antidote in my rack, I still use Subtractor, and Thor. Aside from some minor tweaks to the existing instruments (option for LFO phase reset on Sub, proper unison mode in Thor) I would love to see an official PH granular synth, and a set of modular half-racks, with the half-rack format opened up in the SDK so that third party developers can create small, inexpensive modular blocks (new filters, oscillators, utilities, etc.).

Do you think a brand new Ganular Synth would be better than just adding loading of your own samples into Malstrom then?
Yeah I think so man. I mean to be a true granular synth you'd need control over the number, duration and speed of the grains. Currently we don't have that with Malstrom, so I don't think it'd be enough to just give that sample loading. Although...I wouldn't say no to both!

ljekio

23 Sep 2015

Release of 9 must be little tragedy for my own because cancellation of line6 devices.
PH will have to provide something really a killer to convince me to upgrade :)

Creativemind

23 Sep 2015

[/quote]

Do you think a brand new Ganular Synth would be better than just adding loading of your own samples into Malstrom then?[/quote]

Yeah I think so man. I mean to be a true granular synth you'd need control over the number, duration and speed of the grains. Currently we don't have that with Malstrom, so I don't think it'd be enough to just give that sample loading. Although...I wouldn't say no to both![/quote]

But they could just improve the Malstrom, adding the things it needs to it. A Malstrom II would be awesome.

Aquila

23 Sep 2015

1. Better live perfomance options (quantized sample/loop/block/rex triggering etc)
  • Sequencer improvements
  • View & edit multiple sequencer/audio tracks at once
  • Expanded combinator
  • Rewire master
At least two of the above options may make me consider the upgrade.

Amulet26

23 Sep 2015

1- Melodyne style pitch correction
2- Video, only one track is enough.
3- Group editing

Creativemind

24 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

Yeah I think so man. I mean to be a true granular synth you'd need control over the number, duration and speed of the grains. Currently we don't have that with Malstrom, so I don't think it'd be enough to just give that sample loading. Although...I wouldn't say no to both!
But they could add these things to the Malstrom also?

chimp_spanner

24 Sep 2015

Creativemind wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

Maybe! I mean I don't know to what extent they'd have to fundamentally change the layout of the synth to allow for new controls. Personally I think it'd be best to leave Malstrom as what it is; a graintable synth. And then have a fully fledged granular synth!

K1TTENM1TTEN

24 Sep 2015

I have been on the fence about upgrading to 8, as I currently use 7. My main concern for upgrade is price (I missed out on the $99 upgrade to 8.3 deal back in August). There are, however, three features I would really like to see.

1) Better pitch correction. Neptune is pretty bad. It's not awful, it's definitely usable, but it is not discrete enough for many of the folks that come through my doors to record.

2) Uber-Combinator. Why I can't place a combinator in a combinator still blows my mind. Beyond that, having a combi with more than four knobs and buttons is saddening for the times you really want to do more than four things.

3) Live-minded added playability. When using multiple midi controllers, being able to quickly assign a midi controller to a particular instrument track lane. I would love to have a small check box that allows me to select which controller I wanted to have be able to take control of a patch.

Bonus - Bundling REs with the upgrade. Propellerheads tends to have no problem giving away highly sought after REs for new buyers of Reason, but for people who are upgrading we are left in the dark. Yes, there are some new devices, but last Christmas, for example, included 8 high-end REs that would have cost us more than the price of a new license for Reason to acquire. Again, not a deal breaker, but certainly would push me over the fence on picking up the upgrade if it had a couple of REs that I had been wanting for a while.

Bonus/Would Immediately Sell Me - Pay-What-You-Want. They did it for 6.5, and I would not mind seeing that again. Considering how short lived 7 was (we only have Reason 7.1 in comparison to 8.3) I would think that those of us who paid for the upgrade to 7 and 8 would leap to the next version of Reason if we had the opportunity to pay what we felt like it was actually worth to us.

Yay :lol:

Tincture

24 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:
Creativemind wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

Maybe! I mean I don't know to what extent they'd have to fundamentally change the layout of the synth to allow for new controls. Personally I think it'd be best to leave Malstrom as what it is; a graintable synth. And then have a fully fledged granular synth!
I may be wrong here but I think Creativemind's approval for a Malstrom update may lie in the fact that it would come with an upgrade most likely and therefore be more cost friendly? For me I'd be happy for a fully fledged granular synth however it came about.

For me, I'm pretty close to being happy to upgrade as it is (funds allowing), so maybe a video that finally gets my pickled mind to understand how to use Comp Edit might do it!

zakalwe

25 Sep 2015

i don't think i'll be upgrading to 9 now but we'll see. i'm using studio one at the moment standalone, maybe with rewire once i start pining, so i don't see what i would need out of an upgrade unless i'm using it standalone.

Arrant
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2015

I don't really care about new devices except as a nice bonus, REs take care of that. Props should focus on the core product and the SDK.
- Rack zoom goddammit, people don't use 640x480 displays anymore. Besides I'm getting older.
- Notes to track for REs. Also some sort of CV to track from any device. is REALLY high on the list!
- Better grouping of parameters in REs so you can actually reach whichever parameter/waveform/sample without scrolling for an hour
- Better audio editing, like drawing pitch envelopes directly in the clip. This would also help Neptune out when it struggles.
- Multiple note lanes visible while editing
- Better analyzer, the current one pretty much eats up DSP and doesn't really do much else. Think multiple tracks in different colors, freeze button, better precision display/grid so you can actually see what frequency your peaks are and not guess at +/- 1000Hz
- Easier resampling without having to wire stuff to the sampler input
- Latency compensation
- Expanded combinator, nice but not essential

CharlyCharlzz

25 Sep 2015

Alkua wrote:
1. Automatic Latency compensation
2. Better sequencer

I would love automatic Latency Compensation but only if we can disable it when we want (for flexibility)

me
1) video audio dub
2) undo historic

I would love other things like maybe a new RE or a few new things in the SB or newest versions of existing modules .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

shropshirelad

26 Sep 2015

I second the request from Arrant for Rack/Mixer zoom - I run 8.3 on an iMac 27 5K and I REALLY struggle to see what I'm doing!

michal22

27 Sep 2015

I'll update if Propellerhead add or automatic delay compensation or freezing. It's enough. These are the 2 most important gaps for me.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Jagwah

27 Sep 2015

Arrant wrote:...Also some sort of CV to track from any device.
I think this would be amazing, to be able to copy my own manipulated LFO patterns to track to be able to open it up and finely edit it in the sequencer.

Sadly, it seems we are at a point where only the most popular request is the one that may be trickling down the line next, and it is some time before even that happens. Considering that, maybe we will just never see cool ideas like this come to fruition. :shock:

cpetersus

28 Sep 2015

Re wire master, video, scale key chord support, notes to track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :reason: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :refill: :re: Chris Peters -> Richmond, VA Reason 8 - MacMini (2012) i7 2.6 Quad Core w/10G Presonus AudioBox1818 -Alesis QX49 - Akai MPD26 - Presonus Monitor Station 2

• Information