ALLIHOOPA Trademarked by Props

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

10 Jan 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:One thing that is worrying me a little is that I have felt Props have been neglecting Reason for a few years now and have been chasing the App market and online sharing angle. I hope this is not further proof after Reason 8 that things are getting stagnant with regards development of Reason
Are you not on Reason 8? There's been several updates. We're on 8.3 now. And an 8.4 teased...we'll see about that.

But even so, Reason is now in the spotlight on the Propellerhead homepage! Haha
Which seemed to be such a huge concern before among a few who decided that whatever was on top of Propellerhead's homepage had all of their focus. Well, there it is! All of their focus on Reason! ;)
The change back to reason on the splash page. That was after months of complaints about it being discover. Focus on Reason would see the program not stagnant like it has for a year or two.
I don't think you got my point.
1. Reason has continued to be updated. Shoot we have an slick update system now!
2. Having Discover (a new service) featured on their homepage does not mean it has all of their focus (see #1).
3. Complaining about a homepage image and then finding a way to complain about it after it has changed is silly and just sounds bitter.

I don't think they changed their homepage because of a few complaints from Reason users (who already know about Reason) haha. Are you saying they otherwise had no plans to change their homepage? And if you visit 'Propellerheads.se' chances very well are that you didn't stumble upon it.

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2016

normen wrote:
Huh? Logic is cheap because its just an extension to a larger ecosystem where you buy an expensive computer from the same company. Kind of the other way around why a PS4 is so cheap - because you buy into an ecosystem where you pay for the additional software.
The money gained from the Mac purchase in infinitesimal in comparison. it's not just logic, it's the effects and sound libraries gained from acquisitions.

Maybe you are right and its purely offset by the cost of the Mac, but in either case the wealth gained from the iPhone and iPod has afforded them a wide margin of error which is what I was getting at. Basically they can afford to invest big in development to offer the best logic possible with much less risk while happily working on longer term developments at low risk of liquidation.

noelcampbelljnr

10 Jan 2016

joeyluck wrote:
I don't think you got my point.
1. Reason has continued to be updated. Shoot we have an slick update system now!
2. Having Discover (a new service) featured on their homepage does not mean it has all of their focus (see #1).
3. Complaining about a homepage image and then finding a way to complain about it after it has changed is silly and just sounds bitter.

I don't think they changed their homepage because of a few complaints from Reason users (who already know about Reason) haha. Are you saying they otherwise had no plans to change their homepage? And if you visit 'Propellerheads.se' chances very well are that you didn't stumble upon it.

1. Reason has continued to be updated. Shoot we have an slick update system now! Drag and Drop and an update to reverb if we are honest :)
2. Having Discover (a new service) featured on their homepage does not mean it has all of their focus (see #1). See response to #1 and look at Allihoopa
3. Complaining about a homepage image and then finding a way to complain about it after it has changed is silly and just sounds bitter. I didn't complain about the homepage I complained about a discover service which ripped off musicians and artists of their intellectual property and "updating" their software with functions that were available on other daws years ago and are nothing new.....and suggesting one would be bitter because a company changed its splash page is simply the one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum :D
Last edited by noelcampbelljnr on 10 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

normen

10 Jan 2016

avasopht wrote:The money gained from the Mac purchase in infinitesimal in comparison. it's not just logic, it's the effects and sound libraries gained from acquisitions.

Maybe you are right and its purely offset by the cost of the Mac, but in either case the wealth gained from the iPhone and iPod has afforded them a wide margin of error which is what I was getting at. Basically they can afford to invest big in development to offer the best logic possible with much less risk while happily working on longer term developments at low risk of liquidation.
Well you have to see that you probably don't just buy one Mac during the time you work with Logic. But yeah its true that the whole ecosystem plays part in this, including iPhones and everything else. But the base of that ecosystem is what makes it appealing. E.g. even in the free iPhoto app you get industry standard high quality algorithms to manipulate your photos, albeit with only a few parameters to tweak. In the same way if you buy into that ecosystem you get an industry standard high quality DAW including instruments and sample libraries - and the same "few parameters" version in the form of Reason. Edit: Err, lol ofc I mean GarageBand

Anyway we're digressing from the topic but it certainly is a good thing to highlight when we're talking about possible Propellerhead ventures because they don't have such an ecosystem - or actually they do by now but a very different one. If Allihoopa is a thing as I suggested I'm sure it would be a monthly/yearly subscription with varying amounts of online space - obviously all data would have to be stored online so the data can be synced even if only one of the parties is actually connected at any time.
Last edited by normen on 10 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

noelcampbelljnr

10 Jan 2016

joeyluck wrote:Don't buy Logic. It's not on Apple's homepage ;)

Sorry had to...
Its not its flagship product ;)

joeyluck

10 Jan 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote: inclusive of forums
:lol: :o :lol: :roll: :clap: :x :wtf: :think: :crazy: :cry:
yep you heard me ;)

042. Services related to software development, programming and implementation; designing managing and monitoring online forums; designing and developing webpages; online social networking services; providing webpages and online forums; software services and application programming interfaces (apis) for connecting software
I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I think those are just general classifications they claim with the trademark? They do seem pretty general, and the trademark may incorporate all, some, or maybe none of each class? I dunno. Just saying don't read too much into it or place too much weight on one or more things I guess...
You are correct you are not an expert Joeyluck :D :lol:
You are making predictions and assumptions like you are...

noelcampbelljnr

10 Jan 2016

joeyluck wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote: inclusive of forums
:lol: :o :lol: :roll: :clap: :x :wtf: :think: :crazy: :cry:
yep you heard me ;)

042. Services related to software development, programming and implementation; designing managing and monitoring online forums; designing and developing webpages; online social networking services; providing webpages and online forums; software services and application programming interfaces (apis) for connecting software
I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I think those are just general classifications they claim with the trademark? They do seem pretty general, and the trademark may incorporate all, some, or maybe none of each class? I dunno. Just saying don't read too much into it or place too much weight on one or more things I guess...
You are correct you are not an expert Joeyluck :D :lol:
You are making predictions and assumptions like you are...
Like Jay Z said "...I ain't passed the bar but I know a little bit..." :puf_wink:

Last Alternative

10 Jan 2016

Whatever it is that'll probably be all we get for another $129. Oh and a bug fix.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

KaliKush84

10 Jan 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Whatever it is that'll probably be all we get for another $129. Oh and a bug fix.
I completely agree if 8.5 or 9 isn't up to par in the midi and audio editing departments I am leaving reason alone for good.Discover is an artist nightmare and rack extension are a dev Achilles heel.30% how about the 90% revenue goes all to the dev.Greed is what is killing the world and greed will probably do props in.Lets be honest reason is so far behind shit even audacity has features reason should've been had a long time ago and it's free.Get your shit together props

normen

11 Jan 2016

KaliKush84 wrote:I completely agree if 8.5 or 9 isn't up to par in the midi and audio editing departments I am leaving reason alone for good.Discover is an artist nightmare and rack extension are a dev Achilles heel.30% how about the 90% revenue goes all to the dev.Greed is what is killing the world and greed will probably do props in.Lets be honest reason is so far behind shit even audacity has features reason should've been had a long time ago and it's free.Get your shit together props
Greed.. They just about turned the ship around during the last 5 years, I suppose you'd rather have bought Reason 7 for 130$ with all REs and then never see any Reason version again because they went out of business...

gak

11 Jan 2016

"Alli hoopa, ali hoopa"

dioxide

11 Jan 2016

joeyluck wrote:Allihoopa AB?
This was the company info I was talking about...

http://www.merinfo.se/foretag/Allihoopa ... bspf-1hgzd
http://www.ratsit.se/5590312467-Allihoopa_AB
For me this is looking like a social media thing, probably an expanded version of Discover. The name suggests it is to do with democratizing the music making process, at least when combined with what I know about PH's take on their iOS apps.

I think this is the first PH teaser that fills me with dread rather than excitement. Still though, I'm pleased that they're doing this as a separate company from Propellerhead though. I've got no interest in them becoming Facebook millionaires, I just want clip triggering in Reason.

chimp_spanner

12 Jan 2016

I will admit I think Discover is a weird one. I mean I've contributed on it a little (even did a handful of clips for a blog feature for PH!). But they totally missed a trick by not having the option to showcase work but *not* include it for collaboration. Or at least have the option to approve or deny collabs so you have some degree of control over where your name appears and in what context. Using Discover as a platform to simply showcase the music would also be a huge boost for Reason as it'd naturally draw people to the software used to make what they're hearing. As it is, I think most (sensible) people would probably keep their best stuff OFF of Discover because it's impossible to know what happens to it or where it goes. Kinda scary, for me at least!

stevan

12 Jan 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:I will admit I think Discover is a weird one. I mean I've contributed on it a little (even did a handful of clips for a blog feature for PH!). But they totally missed a trick by not having the option to showcase work but *not* include it for collaboration. Or at least have the option to approve or deny collabs so you have some degree of control over where your name appears and in what context. Using Discover as a platform to simply showcase the music would also be a huge boost for Reason as it'd naturally draw people to the software used to make what they're hearing. As it is, I think most (sensible) people would probably keep their best stuff OFF of Discover because it's impossible to know what happens to it or where it goes. Kinda scary, for me at least!
... exactly ! It would be so simple , like in Soundcloud, plz PHS add the user-choice for downloadable/or not and everything is fine !

joeyluck

12 Jan 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:I will admit I think Discover is a weird one. I mean I've contributed on it a little (even did a handful of clips for a blog feature for PH!). But they totally missed a trick by not having the option to showcase work but *not* include it for collaboration. Or at least have the option to approve or deny collabs so you have some degree of control over where your name appears and in what context. Using Discover as a platform to simply showcase the music would also be a huge boost for Reason as it'd naturally draw people to the software used to make what they're hearing. As it is, I think most (sensible) people would probably keep their best stuff OFF of Discover because it's impossible to know what happens to it or where it goes. Kinda scary, for me at least!
I used Indaba in the past. I had a paid account. It was a decently known collaboration website with more control over collaborations. Only problem was, not much collaboration was happening. And it certainly was not happening in this frequency. People were looking for very specific things and very picky about who they worked with. And the interface just wasn't as invititing.

I agree about other points. With Discover I am not going to be uploading my masterpieces. But I will certainly build upon other people's work and maybe use it (and credit them). I also feel more comfortable simply uploading riffs and loops for others to build upon. Just the same as someone who gives away a free ReFill of loops to the community, I feel the same about uploading to Discover.

I hope eventually it will include other options. Even if allowing users to select a Creative Commons license. I'd feel better if at the least, I could go after someone for not giving credit (because of an attribution license). And maybe eventually allowing users to select collaborators. But I think during the beginning stages, the number of users who don't want to participate in Discover because of the lack of control is much smaller than the lack of participation we would see if users had control. Again, I think of Indaba. But that said, I think someday it can mature into something more. And maybe that is this?

chimp_spanner

12 Jan 2016

Yeah totally agree man. Here's hoping! They've nailed half of it. They just need to give people the control. Like it'd be awesome to build up a profile - a "fan base" if you will - directly on Discover. People would have artists that they looked forward to new music from, and then every now and then (whenever the artist chose to) they would release things that people could get involved with. Which would just be another form of promotion for everyone involved. Let's see what the new year brings :)

jappe

12 Jan 2016

Interesting.
Allihoopa= merging "Allihopa" and "Hooping".
So, something that we can do together and that's related to hooping.
So,being a Swede,I had to check the urban dictionary:

http://sv.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooping

hmm,lots options,some less probable, like "Putting crystal meth in your anus"

If it wasn't for the internet latency I would have guessed something that looks like realtime jamming with remote ppl. Perhaps they found some paradigm where that works.

normen

12 Jan 2016

jappe wrote:Interesting.
Allihoopa= merging "Allihopa" and "Hooping".
So, something that we can do together and that's related to hooping.
So,being a Swede,I had to check the urban dictionary:

http://sv.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooping

hmm,lots options,some less probable, like "Putting crystal meth in your anus"

If it wasn't for the internet latency I would have guessed something that looks like realtime jamming with remote ppl. Perhaps they found some paradigm where that works.
Dafuq.. Disturbing accumulation of ass-related translations, what are the Props doing? xD

Anyway, as for the live thing as you say its hard with the given internet latency. However with my proposition you could at least let the drummer play, the bassist starts recording after a few seconds and hears the drums already, then the guitarist plays with bass and drums and then the singer sings with everything playing, afterwards all people can hear the result..

I did a plugin once that allowed hearing the master output of others sequencers synced to your own, as soon as they played audio through their master it was sent to a server where the plugin downloaded it and played it in sync to your timeline:

philosurfer

15 Jan 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:If it is the social networking discovery type affair. I am a bit perplexed as I wasn't entirely sure discover caught on. It seemed ill conceived from the point of view that the artists didn't legally own their work etc...

I hope Props are not just throwing all their eggs in this basket. a number of companies have tried similar things and it has not quite caught on.

With Reason 8 such a weak release i was hoping focus would be put on the flagship reason rather than online social media esq collaboration
Discover is blowing up. Are you involved at all or have you visited recently?
No its a waste of time in my opinion with the copyright issue. I could go on to discover today and download other peoples work and release it commercially and I wouldn't have to pay the artists a penny. Its not good at all. A massive oversight. Props are supposed to be coming from the point of view of the artist... Moving the software out of the way of the artist etc etc...but props are getting paid and will find revenue streams for discover and the artists will get zero.

Horrible model and a clear indiction that props are not artist friendly at all and when it comes down to it they openly abuse the artist by releasing discovery

These are facts not opinions so no fan boy in the world can argue against this....i know a few will try :D
Get over this mindset. The future is Open-Source.

Raveshaper

15 Jan 2016

What I believe is happening here is that PH is distancing themselves from the PH brand entirely. They are pushing a relaunch that introduces them to all the people who haven't heard of their company or software. It's a rebranding of sorts. Maybe reason is being renamed instead of the company, but either way they are in a period of redefining their identity and self image.

One translation of "allihopa" means "hello everyone", so that's what makes me believe they are relaunching or cleaning the slate in a way.

Whether this is to rid themselves of stigma or not is impossible to say, but it will be interesting to see what they do.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Tumble

21 Jan 2016

Maybe it's something similar to Rolands new cloud iniative

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/roland-cor ... ming-32358

zakalwe

22 Jan 2016

it could mean anything but tablet control would be worthy. like rather than rebuild reason for tablet just have mixing, performance or other metacontrols on a tablet.

• Information