The Echo , issue ? help please

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ags

19 Jan 2016

Hi all been awhile since I been here hope all is well .
I have an issue with the Echo , this issue has accrued before then fixed itself somehow maybe an update I'm not sure ?

whats happening is when I add the echo to the track and record the audio goes straight to the echo first then to my monitors or headphones its like latency city.

So if I speak into the mic I don't have instant monitoring only once the echo processes the signal . I have no idea why this is happening it was working fine last few days then bam !

Any help on solving this would much appreciated .

Thanks
Ray

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2016

Set the Wet/Dry control to 50% (or less) - it defaults to 100% wet (delayed).
Selig Audio, LLC

Vince-Noir-99

19 Jan 2016

Hello.

If you put the Echo as an insert effect (onto the track which you want effected, rather than through AUX SENDS), by default you will only hear the delayed part of the signal, because the DRY/WET knob is set all the way to WET.

By dialling back the DRY/WET knob you will hear the uneffected sound, hence with no latency/delay (or just the small latency of your audio interface).

Hope this helps!

Ags

19 Jan 2016

Ill check that I remember seeing the wet set to 100% but it never accrued to me to change it as my only question would be why was working fine before ? I have no memory of changing the wet setting .... so weird ... hahaha

I have not been able to work out how to use the sends or add effects to the master slot that and can't do drums worth a hoot ! Grrrrrrr .....

I'll report back thank you .

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2016

Ags wrote:Ill check that I remember seeing the wet set to 100% but it never accrued to me to change it as my only question would be why was working fine before ? I have no memory of changing the wet setting .... so weird ... hahaha

I have not been able to work out how to use the sends or add effects to the master slot that and can't do drums worth a hoot ! Grrrrrrr .....

To add a send: from the Create menu select "Create Send FX…", which will then create the selected effect on the next available send. If you have no sends in your song, select "Create Send FX…" and select The Echo, it will now appear on Send #1. Leave the Wet/Dry control fully wet in this case, then on the channel(s) you want to add echo simply click on the "1" Send Button. Increase the send amount if you need to hear more echo!
This approach allows you to send different amounts from different channels, such as swamping a vocal in echo while only adding a tiny bit to a lead sound (or vise-versa). This of course works well for reverbs too, especially those that are CPU hungry, as you only need one or two for the entire song. I find that sharing a few common reverbs really helps a track sound more cohesive, putting multiple instruments into the same room so to speak. I typically have a short and long reverb, or a short/med/long reverb in more complex arraignments. The short reverb is typically a "room" sound, the medium a plate type effect, and the long a concert hall/arena effect for special effects or certain hits (drums, vocals, whatever). Having said that I should issue the usual disclaimer that sometimes you don't need ANY reverb and others you may prefer to insert individual reverb devices directly on individual tracks or bus sub-mixes.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ags

19 Jan 2016

selig wrote:
Ags wrote:Ill check that I remember seeing the wet set to 100% but it never accrued to me to change it as my only question would be why was working fine before ? I have no memory of changing the wet setting .... so weird ... hahaha

To add a send: from the Create menu select "Create Send FX…", which will then create the selected effect on the next available send. If you have no sends in your song, select "Create Send FX…" and select The Echo, it will now appear on Send #1. Leave the Wet/Dry control fully wet in this case, then on the channel(s) you want to add echo simply click on the "1" Send Button. Increase the send amount if you need to hear more echo!
This approach allows you to send different amounts from different channels, such as swamping a vocal in echo while only adding a tiny bit to a lead sound (or vise-versa). This of course works well for reverbs too, especially those that are CPU hungry, as you only need one or two for the entire song. I find that sharing a few common reverbs really helps a track sound more cohesive, putting multiple instruments into the same room so to speak. I typically have a short and long reverb, or a short/med/long reverb in more complex arraignments. The short reverb is typically a "room" sound, the medium a plate type effect, and the long a concert hall/arena effect for special effects or certain hits (drums, vocals, whatever). Having said that I should issue the usual disclaimer that sometimes you don't need ANY reverb and others you may prefer to insert individual reverb devices directly on individual tracks or bus sub-mixes.
:)

Thank you I'll give a try :) ...... on the Echo issue ... here we go again LMAO ....... I open up Reason create audio track right click effects add the echo and the wet is set to 100% and no delay issues whats so ever ? I don''t get it ? .... I speak into the mic I hear my monitoring spot on no lag or latency with a nice echo bouncing around .

I am so confused .........

Loque

19 Jan 2016

It would be helpfull to see your cable connections and the settings of The Echo.

Till this point i can only spot dry/wet, send/insert or ducking settings. Maybe buffer setting of your sound device (too big means too much latency).
Reason12, Win10

Ags

19 Jan 2016

Loque wrote:It would be helpfull to see your cable connections and the settings of The Echo.

Till this point i can only spot dry/wet, send/insert or ducking settings. Maybe buffer setting of your sound device (too big means too much latency).

I never messed with the ducking , The buffer is set low as it goes no hic ups if I remove the echo when its acting up monitoring is fine and again the wet dry was 100% with normal operation now LOL

I'll look at some snap shots if it acts up again but all i change is the echo delay time pretty much don't mess with the rest of yet as of yet .

Ags

19 Jan 2016

OK I see something I have no idea what because its a memory yesterday when I was checking it out I noticed that there was a bunch of devices that all looked the same like what the audio track in the rack looks like but I can't say thats what I was seeing what ever it was is not there now but the echo was hooked all to them or each other or something and I only looked at from the cable side. what ever it was loaded two days in a row and is not loading now . I even opened a audio midi template and all good on the other templates to so not sure what i seen but its not there now .

• Information