Propellerhead doesn't like events?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
platzangst

30 Mar 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I, for example, play musical instruments and sing. I sense the Reason customer base is more largely comprised of engineers, producers, and people who are not musicians. I also see Props catering more and more to that crowd, while pretending Reason is "easy to use" and geared towards musicians while it really isn't.
For the record, I started out playing instruments and working with real-world physical equipment, with patch cords and such, and that is actually what drew me to Reason in the first place, is that I could almost immediately figure out what I was doing. Plus, despite what people might say about Reason's sequencer, I actually found it easier to grasp than other things I demoed at the time, like FL studio or Ableton. It has been the easiest thing to use - for me.

And that is part of what I've been getting at - it is natural for people to see themselves as "just a regular, average person", and then from that, assume that if they have a particular experience, or a particular want, that most other "regular" people, or people that seem to fit their own categories, must also have those same experiences and wants. But these assumptions can be traps, and if one locks into a particular mindset because of them, one can lose sight of other perspectives that hold different parts of the larger picture.

geronimo

22 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane

22 Apr 2017

geronimo wrote:
Wow, brilliant demo! Well done, Mattias, I was riveted even though I already knew the story :D

• Information