audio artifacts when changing windows (amongst other things)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thotbott

14 Apr 2016

Recently ive noticed my audio clipping alot, when at low volume high volume, single notes and on every instrument. the strange thing is also i get audio artifaces when nothing is playing when i change windows using the f5-7 keys. anyone have an idea to what might be causing this as im lost.

Ahornberg

15 Apr 2016

are you on mac or windows?
does this happen in other audio software too?
what's your audio hardware?

jappe

15 Apr 2016

thotbott wrote:Recently ive noticed my audio clipping alot, when at low volume high volume, single notes and on every instrument. the strange thing is also i get audio artifaces when nothing is playing when i change windows using the f5-7 keys. anyone have an idea to what might be causing this as im lost.
Try moving your keyboard to another USB slot.
Or connect the audio interface to another usb slot, if it's usb connected.

Aquila

15 Apr 2016

I get this when using a laptop with an integrated gfx card. Simple tasks such as flicking between windows or scrolling up and down the sequencer sucks up valuable system resources and causes the audio to break up.

thotbott

17 Apr 2016

Im on windows, only happens on reason. Am using a roland quad sound card. I find moving the sample rate to 48k and back to 41.4 seems to do the trick for a little while. Just found it odd that it was keyboard short cuts and just screen movements cause audio interference

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ahornberg

17 Apr 2016

thotbott wrote:Im on windows, only happens on reason. Am using a roland quad sound card. I find moving the sample rate to 48k and back to 41.4 seems to do the trick for a little while. Just found it odd that it was keyboard short cuts and just screen movements cause audio interference

how many samples have you set in the buffer of your asio driver?

thotbott

17 Apr 2016

Using the quad capture i cant change it when its on asio for all i think

Ahornberg

17 Apr 2016

thotbott wrote:Using the quad capture i cant change it when its on asio for all i think

Isn't there an asio driver that came with your interface?

I use a Zoom H5 as audio interface and there's a special asio driver for it. So I can choose between this and asio 4 all.

• Information