I have a feeling

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MDTerps2015

26 Apr 2016

Why am i getting a feeling that 9 is close to dropping?????? A lot of weird action going on and weird post from Apple buying Props or Reason. I feel like something is about to happen and 9 is on my mind.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2016

Don't have feelings. They lead to heartache :(

Everyone seems to think 9 is close. The Props server update helped that one along.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

kitekrazy

26 Apr 2016

MDTerps2015 wrote:Why am i getting a feeling that 9 is close to dropping?????? A lot of weird action going on and weird post from Apple buying Props or Reason. I feel like something is about to happen and 9 is on my mind.
Why would they do this other than to remove Reason from the market and make Thor part of Logic.

Wook

26 Apr 2016

MDTerps2015 wrote:and weird post from Apple buying Props or Reason.
What?

willowman

26 Apr 2016

Wook wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:and weird post from Apple buying Props or Reason.
What?
Indeed, what?, what is the the source of this comment please?
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2016

MDTerps2015 wrote:Why am i getting a feeling that 9 is close to dropping?????? A lot of weird action going on and weird post from Apple buying Props or Reason. I feel like something is about to happen and 9 is on my mind.
I have same feeling too. Some big news coming...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Gaja

27 Apr 2016

Wait: apple posted they'd buy propellerhead software? Or Reason? Please provide links to that statement.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

zakalwe

27 Apr 2016

lol reason 9 threads vs reason is perfect threads vs apple buy propellerhead threads for days.

please put out 8.4 to reset pls

craven

27 Apr 2016

I' m curious if Props dare to release a new version with features in the ballpark of Reason 8 before the updates. They will probably take their time and hopefully work on some great stuff. I still did not use my Reason 8 enough, so I should be patient. :)

edit: my wording is a bit off, I don't want to bash Reason 8, as I actually like it. But when it was announced, it felt a bit lackluster to me. The updates changed that (the zoom feature is awesome for instance, also the reverb additions).
:ugeek:

SunSetCity

27 Apr 2016

To spread some more rumours: Maybe Steinberg is going to buy Propellerheads?!

Just take a look at this site: https://www.propellerheads.se/employment and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now take a closer look to the right picture in the top row...

What do we see there in the shopping bag of that lady? The top notch DAW from Propellerheads? Whoops, no... It is "Cubase"!! :shock:

But what does it mean?

1. A long hidden conspiracy?
2. Propellerheads employees prefer to use Cubase rather than Reason when making music? OMG, maybe they are betraying us and all the music used in the PH-videos are done in Cubase and not in Reason... ;)
3. Steinberg is going to buy PH and is already putting commercial stuff on their site?

What does that mean?? Well, all I know is, that e.g. BMW would never depict an Audi on their website!! :twisted:

stevan

27 Apr 2016

Steinberg is a part of the Yamaha Corp. , that means Steinberg is not able to buy any other Company, like Propellerhead AB .
Line6 btw. is another part of Yamaha ... so, if then Yamaha would buy Propellerhead AB , why in the hell do they take the Line6 amps from Reason ... ;)

Aquila

27 Apr 2016

SunSetCity wrote:To spread some more rumours: Maybe Steinberg is going to buy Propellerheads?!

Just take a look at this site: https://www.propellerheads.se/employment and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now take a closer look to the right picture in the top row...

What do we see there in the shopping bag of that lady? The top notch DAW from Propellerheads? Whoops, no... It is "Cubase"!! :shock:

Completely pointless observation, but that box is under a laptop and not in a shopping bag.

SunSetCity

27 Apr 2016

stevan wrote:Steinberg is a part of the Yamaha Corp. , that means Steinberg is not able to buy any other Company, like Propellerhead AB .
Line6 btw. is another part of Yamaha ... so, if then Yamaha would buy Propellerhead AB , why in the hell do they take the Line6 amps from Reason ... ;)
That's a good point. But maybe Yamaha want to expand Cubase with the benefits Reason offers and then destroy Reason as a DAW. Maybe that's the reason, why PH came up with the PX7 emulation in 2012... Because Yamaha told them to! :shock: :lol:

SunSetCity

27 Apr 2016

Aquila wrote:Completely pointless observation, but that box is under a laptop and not in a shopping bag.
Ooops, you are right! Just saw it myself... Thanks for clarifying! :lol:

SA Studio

27 Apr 2016

I really can't quite figure out how it's not worth it to put out some remote form of teasers regarding what's going to be in the new version.

Our teaser we're all going on currently = "Now we can put more effort into Reason..." (per the quote from Props not long ago)

And for posterity, feel free and please do correct me on the exact quote. However, that....is currently the fuel of our hopes for R9. No teaser of a sampler, a product shot of a new device....nothing. It's weird.

Wish we had something to go on.

SA Studio

27 Apr 2016

"Maybe Steinberg is going to buy Propellerheads?!"

WHOOOAA....

It would almost be like when Eric Clapton slept with George Harrison's wife and took her away from him, in more ways than one...Interesting theory.

platzangst

27 Apr 2016

SunSetCity wrote: But what does it mean?
4. Perhaps they test how well other DAWs link up with Reason via ReWire and such? Or any other situation where a company might have to check out the other players in the marketplace?

There's one or two other shots of people with computers running, and Reason does not appear to be on any of those screens.

motuscott

27 Apr 2016

If only PHeads would adopt some of Cubase's forward looking features like a laptop raising sized box
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

riemac

27 Apr 2016

platzangst wrote:
SunSetCity wrote: But what does it mean?
4. Perhaps they test how well other DAWs link up with Reason via ReWire and such? Or any other situation where a company might have to check out the other players in the marketplace?

There's one or two other shots of people with computers running, and Reason does not appear to be on any of those screens.
I think you are right. Propellerhead certainly test and observe other DAW's for new features.
But it is a little strange, that they show it on a picture on their web site.

plaamook

27 Apr 2016

It means she realised that Cubase, when compared to Reason, is only good for propping up her mac while she bashes out the jams in R7!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Morphic1977

27 Apr 2016

SunSetCity wrote:To spread some more rumours: Maybe Steinberg is going to buy Propellerheads?!

But what does it mean?

2. Propellerheads employees prefer to use Cubase rather than Reason when making music? OMG, maybe they are betraying us and all the music used in the PH-videos are done in Cubase and not in Reason... ;)
3. Steinberg is going to buy PH and is already putting commercial stuff on their site?

What does that mean?? Well, all I know is, that e.g. BMW would never depict an Audi on their website!! :twisted:

Well, from a business or marketing perspective, the fact that the woman has Cubase box on her desk is highly unprofessional. I think it is just coincidence and not the intention to suggest something hidden which is in the works... Imagine similar thing, if Apple put a picture on their web site in which their employee has a box with a Samsung mobile... for this failure somebody (a web content manager) might lose his/her job in a second....

But I agree that PH prepare something, it is either update to version 8 or new version 9. Gradual sales of their products during recent weeks and new job listing suggest they are preparing something for this year. And I hope it is R9 with plenty of innovation.....
:reason: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: :refill:

Nektar Panorama P4, Many of REs and couple of refills...

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2016

Apple is going to buy cubase, see the laptop.

Ahornberg

27 Apr 2016

But what does it mean?

maybe it means, Props take a closer look at other DAWs to find ideas for new features for Reason 9 :mrgreen:

Scoobyman II

27 Apr 2016

I have a feeling that they used stock photos and nobody noticed the Cubase box under the laptop.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Apr 2016

Probably an old photo from when Propellerheads and Steinberg (makers of Cubase) jointly developed Rewire.

• Information