REASON 9: The Wait Is Getting Ridiculous

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ClassickHitz

11 May 2016

I mean really, at this point the long anticipating wait game for some form of a Reason 9 update announcement is getting a little annoying.

Everyone already knows it's coming down the pipeline. But for Propellerheads to draw this $hit out as long as it's taking is just flat out irritating.

Due to their BS cat and mouse games, whatever they come up with had better blow my socks off or I'm not updating (staying with R7) for another few years.

Newsflash Props (Ernst), the longer the wait, the bigger the disappointment :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :evil:
Last edited by ClassickHitz on 11 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tibah

11 May 2016

His name is Ernst. ;)

There is only one person to blame for anticipation (the bad kind in this scenario). Have a guess. ;)

ClassickHitz

11 May 2016

tibah wrote:His name is Ernst. ;)

There is only one person to blame for anticipation (the bad kind in this scenario). Have a guess. ;)
You!!

tibah

11 May 2016

Rrrrrriiiiggghhhhhttt! :D

Gulale

11 May 2016

I think it is obvious that Reason 9 won't be released before the expiration of Line 6.
Gulale aka Bereket

jappe

11 May 2016

Three suggestions for what to do while we're waiting for v9:

Make music
Make music
Make music

Makes the time fly:-)

ClassickHitz

11 May 2016

jappe wrote:Three suggestions for what to do while we're waiting for v9:

Make music
Make music
Make music

Makes the time fly:-)
Poor assumption that a person isn't making music while waiting.

ClassickHitz

11 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:"Purchased Reason 7. Happy with 7. Staying on 7. Where is Reason 9?!" :lol:

Purchased Reason 7. Happy with R7. Beta tested Reason 8. Passed on Reason 8. Still happy with R7. Curious to know what R9 has to offer.
Still think wait time is bullshit. Your point?!

ClassickHitz

11 May 2016

Gulale wrote:I think it is obvious that Reason 9 won't be released before the expiration of Line 6.
Not at all. Let's say they announce next month for a July release. A person updating is making a choice to have their Line 6 expire early by upgrading. If you don't upgrade then you will later because it's expiring anyway.

And I highly doubt people are even using the Line 6 products at this point.

The_G

11 May 2016

The best guess has been September/October--and that's been the best guess for a while.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Noplan
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

Classic case of addiction. :D

chk071

11 May 2016

I'm really curious what Reason 9 will have to offer too though. :)
:reason: :rebirth:

tibah

11 May 2016

Due to their BS cat and mouse games
Ok, what game actually? Did you ever see a teaser about Reason 9 by PH, anywhere? Because they never did, they never do and probably never will do such a thing. It's like a given. What you're talking about is this vibe you get from whatever source. This forum, a blog, a quote, whatever.
Waiting time is truly something else. Waiting time is at the doctors or when you wait for the elevator (and the weird silence inside of it, the talking is forbidden zone). That's waiting. You don't wait for R9. When it drops, you will look at it, see if it brings something to the table you like and purchase it. Or not. Simple as that.

Your point?

lowpryo

11 May 2016

Props don't even have an obligation to CREATE a Reason 9, let alone provide it to you on some arbitrary timeline in your head. what a weird attitude to have.

joeyluck

11 May 2016

ClassickHitz wrote:
joeyluck wrote:"Purchased Reason 7. Happy with 7. Staying on 7. Where is Reason 9?!" :lol:

Purchased Reason 7. Happy with R7. Beta tested Reason 8. Passed on Reason 8. Still happy with R7. Curious to know what R9 has to offer.
My point being is you paid for Reason 7 and have Reason 7.

I had Reason 7. I purchased Reason 8 when 8.3 was released. I now have Reason 8.3.

I have not paid for Reason 9 and neither have you.

I am anxiously waiting as well, but without all the 'annoyance, irritation, and disappointment' you express that you feel. Because I have what I have paid for. I'm not refreshing the Propellerhead page everyday expecting an announcement.

Kenni
Site Admin

11 May 2016

This is consumerism at it's worst.

I don't see Propellerheads obligations anywhere in this so called "cat and mouse" game. Obviously, there's a thin line separating anticipation and anger. What is it exactly they make you wait for? Your own expectations?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

guitfnky

11 May 2016

Would you rather wait a bit for a solid product, or have your impatience rewarded with an unfinished one?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

I appreciate your interest in R9 as i too am interested to see what comes next, but I don't recall R9 being announced so any sense of wait-anxiety is self-inflicted.

Blaming others for your self-inflicted pain is not productive. If I tried to sue Coors for my hangover, the court would call my case vexatious and I may even be hit with a nuisance suit/fine myself.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Gorgon

11 May 2016

Sounds like someone hates not being on board the R8 train.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

kitekrazy

11 May 2016

What's wrong with Props upgrading Reason 8. They only thing upgraded is Alihoopla. They will probably upgrade that name so it escapes your spam filters.

Jagwah

11 May 2016

Not sure if you guys noticed but this 'waiting time' if you want to call it that, has had Prop's focus on entirely different things - allihoopaloop and those phone apps and I don't know what else - the point is don't expect it to be around the corner, if it is then I doubt it would be as good as it should be.

Maybe those of us holding off and refusing to upgrade to Reason 8 had a little impact and they are going to do it better this time, holding out until the package is something exciting for everyone like it used to be back in the day, just mindless speculation though.

I whine and moan myself because I really want things like copy pattern to track and an SDK upgrade, and all these 'lacking features' people want and need for such a long time can't be good for business, not in any stretch of the imagination. They are either pulling up their socks and working hard to make Reason a serious DAW competitor, or they don't care about that and taking their time, or it's all going to be about hoopaloop and phone apps and hipster beards.

Yes it sucks, but stay focused on the tools you have for now, because they are awesomeeeeeeeeeee : D

Reason 7 FTW!

Goriila Texas

11 May 2016

As I always said I think PH business strategy/marketing is the worse I've ever seen. They could at least show small improvements made and save the big news upon release imo. You gain nothing but angry users by keeping them in the dark imo. Some get frustrated and leave to the competition that are very open about the future of the company and DAW direction. PH don't even want to mingle with their users that's why close the forum down,the same mods here could've been mods over there. They just don't give a fck imo or that's the impression they give off.

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

Reality is if Props released a new uber-synth daily that made Trance hits for everyone every time they were opened, there would still be a loud section of self-angrified people screaming that Reason was the worst music making environment ever and Props the worst people ever. It is a sad part of human nature when people blame their laziness/greed on others, esp those more successful than them. Always easy to spot from the mixture of entitlement and emotiveness coupled with glaring logic errors.

Hopefully something we can grow out of in the next few years as it is tiring.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

guitfnky

11 May 2016

They better release Reason 10 a week after 9 comes out, or I'ma be pissed. :x
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information