REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nirude

13 May 2016

Just occured to me that it is really friday the 13th for Propellerheads.
Or this was planned as a joke, like a 1st of april joke.
3d man.

zeebot

13 May 2016

jivemaster wrote:Because people are already whinging that it is a underwhelming update
Yep, here they come...

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

SA Studio

13 May 2016

No PDC?....

I will light aforementioned torch.....

guitfnky

13 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:could they not just have licenced melodyne and concentrated on other areas?
and in a couple of years, end up parting ways like they're doing with Line 6, and having to pull it back out of further releases? they're not dummies, so I imagine they've learned that lesson.
zakalwe wrote:they insist on making their own plugin format, their own timestetch/transient audio warping, their own pitch correction and audio to MIDI.... it's so much and it's very shortly not bleeding edge. their timestretch was amazing in 2012, now it's really not up there with elastique pro transient.
of course new stuff in other DAWs will do a better job than stuff developed earlier on. that's the nature of technology. I can't imagine they aren't considering these sorts of improvements as they develop new releases. how do we know they haven't already made improvements to their time-stretching algorithms?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

13 May 2016

zeebot wrote:
jivemaster wrote:Because people are already whinging that it is a underwhelming update
Yep, here they come...

ha! this amazes me. the ink isn't even dry on the leaked article (and websites don't even use ink anymore!), and people have already gone from "IT'S TAKING TOO DAMN LONG!" to "GOD, THIS NEW VERSION IS GOING TO BE AWFUL!"

switch to a different DAW, and STFU already.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dana

13 May 2016

I managed to download the page from google cache, but now its gone from googles cache as well!

sonicbyte

13 May 2016

I thinks all this is a fake, read this post in the last paragraph:

http://www.idesignsound.com/reason-9-wh ... ow-so-far/
UPDATE: I’ve contacted one of the Rack Extension developers and he told that no announcement has been made for developers so far and there are no updates in developers forum regarding Reason 9. So it can be still fake.

joeyluck

13 May 2016

sonicbyte wrote:I thinks all this is a fake, read this post in the last paragraph:

UPDATE: I’ve contacted one of the Rack Extension developers and he told that no announcement has been made for developers so far and there are no updates in developers forum regarding Reason 9. So it can be still fake.
OK. Cat's out of the bag. Pretty good one though, right?

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 May 2016

I was really thinking that we were going to see the official announcement around 9 AM Stockholm time, but it's well into the afternoon now. How far in advance could Synthtopia's press embargo have been?

stevan

13 May 2016

sonicbyte wrote:I thinks all this is a fake, read this post in the last paragraph:

... I can't believe it too, things like that doesn't happen with Propellerheads - it must be a fake, but a funny one ...

chimp_spanner

13 May 2016

Alternate theory; it was all a prank by a passionate but slightly disgruntled Reason aficionado in the hope that all the increased hype around an imminent release would actually make them...ya know...do it? :lol:

zeebot

13 May 2016

I'm sure RE developers have a non disclosure clause so they are not going to confirm anything until props do it first.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

joeyluck

13 May 2016

Yeah sorry guys. A few of us members here decided to create it, create a fake screen shot, and act like the link was live at one point. It was meant to be directed at the users who were growing impatient waiting for a Reason 9 announcement. Sorry to string so many others along with the fake release news :/

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 May 2016

I highly doubt that Propellerhead previews unannounced versions of Reason to RE developers. Unless maybe you happen to be Softube.

zakalwe

13 May 2016

guitfnky wrote:and in a couple of years, end up parting ways like they're doing with Line 6, and having to pull it back out of further releases? they're not dummies, so I imagine they've learned that lesson.
I don't know what the issue was with line 6 but I own reaper and studio one which both licence not only elastique but also rewire. there's always a danger that licencing could be ended for these technologies but it's less problematic than line 6 which ended up in a lot of 3rd party refills, whereas a pitch or warp tool can be rewritten and replaced like-for-like in the core software. I can also understand a company wanting to own all its IP but that's not neccesarily of interest to the end user.
guitfnky wrote:of course new stuff in other DAWs will do a better job than stuff developed earlier on. that's the nature of technology. I can't imagine they aren't considering these sorts of improvements as they develop new releases. how do we know they haven't already made improvements to their time-stretching algorithms?
they may well have but that means they have manhours on that rather than any of the other most wanted features that don't appear to be in this release, if the copy is legit. and i'm pretty sure they'd mention them since the things that have previously been mentioned under 'workflow enchancements' have turned out to be quite minor.

madmacman

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Yeah sorry guys. A few us members here decided to create it, create a fake screen shot, and act like the link was live at one point. It was meant to be directed at the users who were growing impatient waiting for a Reason 9 announcement. Sorry to string so many others along with the fake release news :/
Naah, I can swear: I've seen the Synthopia Page myself this morning (and almost spitting my coffee on the keyboard). :mrgreen:

joeyluck

13 May 2016

madmacman wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Yeah sorry guys. A few us members here decided to create it, create a fake screen shot, and act like the link was live at one point. It was meant to be directed at the users who were growing impatient waiting for a Reason 9 announcement. Sorry to string so many others along with the fake release news :/
Naah, I can swear: I've seen the Synthopia Page myself this morning (and almost spitting my coffee on the keyboard). :mrgreen:
Haha! ;)

Thanks for playing along! I knew it would take more than one or two people to make it seem believable.

ReasonUser

13 May 2016

If someone on this very forum decided to concoct a "press release" and send it to a site that's known to immediately post any juicy bits of info they can get their hands on without fact checking? Just to see the crazed reaction it would get from this community? In that case I say, well played sir - well played! :thumbs_up:

stevan

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Yeah sorry guys. A few of us members here decided to create it, create a fake screen shot, and act like the link was live at one point. It was meant to be directed at the users who were growing impatient waiting for a Reason 9 announcement. Sorry to string so many others along with the fake release news :/
... sorry, I knew it - it was too obvious ;)

jappe

13 May 2016

Alkua wrote:So, the feature Scale&Chord will make auto theory obsolete?
That has always been my concern, that there could be some cannibalizing between Props and RE devs, where the Props would have an advantage.

Perhaps there should be some process where an RE idea could be reviewed by the Props before development, and accepted if it doesn't clash with upcoming Prop devices.
Perhaps there already is!? (I should know since I'm a sleeper RE dev and have access to the dev site - but then again, if I knew I couldn't tell it publicly:-)

willowman

13 May 2016

face it fella's...reason 9 is shit, when do you think we'll see reason 10...what features would you like to see in reason ten? etc etc blah blah blah :puf_bigsmile:
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

ReasonUser

13 May 2016

joeyluck- now you're just stirring the pot! Don't believe for a second you have that kind of malicious in you! ;)

chimp_spanner

13 May 2016

craven

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Yeah sorry guys. A few of us members here decided to create it, create a fake screen shot, and act like the link was live at one point. It was meant to be directed at the users who were growing impatient waiting for a Reason 9 announcement. Sorry to string so many others along with the fake release news :/
and what if this is the fake? Oh man, don't screw around like this :) This is a sad day then...
:ugeek:

jappe

13 May 2016

dana wrote:I managed to download the page from google cache, but now its gone from googles cache as well!
I can still see it in google cache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=nz
Last edited by jappe on 13 May 2016, edited 4 times in total.

• Information