REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

15 May 2016

tiker01 wrote:Even if it turns out to be real there might be a set of features not advertised in the press release on synthopia. Also I expect a few point updates similarly as it happened with Reason 8.
I hope this to be the case because those updates are not going to get my funds. A serious audio editing update will have to be added or real time audio slicing before i spend another dime on Reason. Otherwise I'll just use Ableton & Akai than drap and drop whatever it is into Reason. I would rather do everything in Reason. I don't have to rewire anymore since all the daws I use now allow me to freeze midi. So wanting vst's in reason is no longer a want of mine as it used to be. I freeze the midi dry (no effects), drag & drop that audio right into reason straight from my daw than add those effects back onto the audio using reason fx's.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

15 May 2016

GRIFTY wrote:Some guys admitted to faking it for a laugh
So it was or wasn't fake?
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

scifunk

15 May 2016

There's only a finite amount of 'big' improvements any DAW developer can do. So we need to get used to each one from now on not being very exciting and maybe only upgrading every 2 or 3 full upgrades.

stevan

15 May 2016

... what I can't accept is the reaction from Propellerheads itself on Twitter and Facebook . It could be so easy to saying - relax guys, it's a fake , we're not there yet , everybody calm down , but no ... :?

mreese80

15 May 2016

scifunk wrote:There's only a finite amount of 'big' improvements any DAW developer can do. So we need to get used to each one from now on not being very exciting and maybe only upgrading every 2 or 3 full upgrades.
Reason should be up there with other daws. The audio editing update and real time audio slicing should not be a problem at all. Abelton and Akai have these features. All I'm asking for is an audio update. A kong update would also be nice but I'll be ok with just those audio features. I can make everything else work by using my others daws. I won't be getting more daws.

pjeudy

15 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
lemec wrote:the announcement was a fake.
How do you know it was fake?
Didn't Joey say it was fake or am I mistaken?
I don't think he did.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

zakalwe

15 May 2016

scifunk wrote:There's only a finite amount of 'big' improvements any DAW developer can do. So we need to get used to each one from now on not being very exciting and maybe only upgrading every 2 or 3 full upgrades.
they're not even near the state where they're going to be reaching for stuff to do or considering overhauling existing stuff though. reason as a DAW is still in a nascent stage opf development and there's plenty of basic funtionality to address, but they seem to have no interest in doing so.

i can't really get my head round it, they take a really difficult route of developing tehir own plugin standard to have something tehnically superior and then let the host languish in other areas of functionality that every other major DAW addressed in the last couple of upgrade cycles.

pjeudy

15 May 2016

stevan wrote:... what I can't accept is the reaction from Propellerheads itself on Twitter and Facebook . It could be so easy to saying - relax guys, it's a fake , we're not there yet , everybody calm down , but no ... :?
"Stay tuned...and stay exited" that's what Marketing wants.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

chimp_spanner

15 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
tiker01 wrote:Even if it turns out to be real there might be a set of features not advertised in the press release on synthopia. Also I expect a few point updates similarly as it happened with Reason 8.
I hope this to be the case because those updates are not going to get my funds. A serious audio editing update will have to be added or real time audio slicing before i spend another dime on Reason. Otherwise I'll just use Ableton & Akai than drap and drop whatever it is into Reason. I would rather do everything in Reason. I don't have to rewire anymore since all the daws I use now allow me to freeze midi. So wanting vst's in reason is no longer a want of mine as it used to be. I freeze the midi dry (no effects), drag & drop that audio right into reason straight from my daw than add those effects back onto the audio using reason fx's.
Hey man this sounds really interesting - could you explain how you're running this freeze/drag/drop thing? If I launch Reason and then Cubase will it bypass ReWire mode?

dana

15 May 2016

Sounds more like a confirmation to be honest!
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-05-15 10.26.47.png
Screenshot 2016-05-15 10.26.47.png (82 KiB) Viewed 1616 times

Creativemind

15 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
Lol! nobody does, but Propellerheads haven't announced Reason 9 on their site so chances are it wasn't real or it was just done to test the waters.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

15 May 2016

GRIFTY wrote:Some guys admitted to faking it for a laugh
Yeah and then said he was only kidding. Nobody on here has that power I doubt, unless they work for Synthtopia.com. Unless you meant some other official person admitted it was fake?

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 May 2016

ClassickHitz wrote:
zakalwe wrote:well, apparently since the fanbase let the company treat them like an ATM every 18-24 months they have no incentive to excel. let them meander about with their alihoopas and other mediocrity while the greatness and ambition that everyone saw in 6.5 fades away.
Boom! And the truth shall set you free. This is what the fanatics (Reason fanboys) refuse to wrap their minds around and concede to.

Like spending hundreds of dollars on existing already developed plugins they can only use in Reason. Shit is laughable!!
Reason fanboys unite!
ImageImageImage

noelcampbelljnr

15 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
ClassickHitz wrote:
zakalwe wrote:well, apparently since the fanbase let the company treat them like an ATM every 18-24 months they have no incentive to excel. let them meander about with their alihoopas and other mediocrity while the greatness and ambition that everyone saw in 6.5 fades away.
Boom! And the truth shall set you free. This is what the fanatics (Reason fanboys) refuse to wrap their minds around and concede to.

Like spending hundreds of dollars on existing already developed plugins they can only use in Reason. Shit is laughable!!
Reason fanboys unite!
you know they are talking sense Noel....question, why did you take the leak story off your reasonista's Facebook page? were you asked to? or were you informed the leak was fake?

willowman

15 May 2016

starting any statement with the prefix 'Boom' makes any statement more profound.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 May 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
ClassickHitz wrote:

Reason fanboys unite!
you know they are talking sense Noel....question, why did you take the leak story off your reasonista's Facebook page? were you asked to? or were you informed the leak was fake?
Noel, obviously we're all entitled to opinions, but I don't have to agree or get into pointless debates. There's plenty of that here already. :puf_wink:

As for the deleted Reasonistas post, I decided to wait until for the official Propellerhead statement rather than put out a red herring. It seems we'll soon find out though.
ImageImageImage

Karim
Competition Winner

15 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
The admins forum admitted ...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

15 May 2016

The_G wrote:At this point we do not know if the content of that announcement is genuine or fake. So it's safer to assume that we still don't know anything.
for sure!!

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

geronimo

15 May 2016

The Synthtopia page is no longer accessible _

noelcampbelljnr

15 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
ClassickHitz wrote:

Reason fanboys unite!
Noel, obviously we're all entitled to opinions, but I don't have to agree or get into pointless debates. There's plenty of that here already. :puf_wink:

As for the deleted Reasonistas post, I decided to wait until for the official Propellerhead statement rather than put out a red herring. It seems we'll soon find out though.
So no inside scoop :cry: yeah i figure its real....but god damn if it is, its limited....again...i honestly thought thy wouldn't short change us after Reason 8

mreese80

15 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:
they're not even near the state where they're going to be reaching for stuff to do or considering overhauling existing stuff though. reason as a DAW is still in a nascent stage opf development and there's plenty of basic funtionality to address, but they seem to have no interest in doing so.

i can't really get my head round it, they take a really difficult route of developing tehir own plugin standard to have something tehnically superior and then let the host languish in other areas of functionality that every other major DAW addressed in the last couple of upgrade cycles.
Well said, well said. :thumbs_up:

stevan

15 May 2016

Fake or not fake, an update like that would make absolutely sense ... all these midi and audio to midi based functions and audio pitch editing, supporting the app world, esp. Take or Figure and obviously Allihoopa . You could make a whole song out of a single voice loop... even without a keyboard. It's a locical step in my opinion and absolutely believable ... the only thing what makes no sense for me is, why the Reason Rack should have darker gui options - I mean, it's black already .... ;)
Last edited by stevan on 15 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

pjeudy

15 May 2016

lemec wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
The admins forum admitted ...

Sorry but can you provide a little more specificity , what administrator? from which site? from synthopia ? or from Reasontalk ? Do u mean joeyluck ? How does he have access to synthopia website to upload that article?

mreese80

15 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Hey man this sounds really interesting - could you explain how you're running this freeze/drag/drop thing? If I launch Reason and then Cubase will it bypass ReWire mode?

In the Akai MPC Software, we now have the ability to freeze midi. But once the audio is froze, it appears in ours samples list inside the software. From the list, We can drag the audio straight out of the software directly into any other daw. Yes, we can also freeze the midi and save it directly to desktop just in case you are wondering. We can also drag the midi data straight from the software into reason or any other daw also. The audio features in akai software is awesome. Everything i've been saying i would love to see added into reason i can already do in akai. I just like reason. This is why i no longer worry about using vsts in reason. i can easily freeze midi and drag into reason. No more rewiring for me.

stevan

15 May 2016

geronimo wrote:The Synthtopia page is no longer accessible _
The Propellerheads can't take a joke ... ;)

• Information