Reason 9 Officially Announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yonatan

19 May 2016

Oh, a sale tomorrow...
i am glad however that PH let us know R9 is out soon so we can better plan and decide what to buy without getting a lot of angry birds later.
So, good job by PH, I like the way they are now working, not waiting on news after sale. Thanks!

pjeudy

19 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:
Also, has anyone got any screenshots of the sequencer with the blue theme?
Sorry image taken with my phone

Mmmm here's a question for those who read the manual, are the color themes presets themes ? Or can you make your own?
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-05-19-06-57-09.png
Screenshot_2016-05-19-06-57-09.png (806.69 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Softphonics

19 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:
selig wrote:
Pinkbox wrote:What about the may madness sale announced by Selig...? :(
Sale starts tomorrow - just wanted to give ReasonTalkers a heads ahead of time!
:)
Sale? presumably a Re sale?

Re's & Refills
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

mayzon

19 May 2016

Those devices look great imo. Especially for caggy handed gimps like me who can't play keys!

Yeah I'll be buying this on release. Nice work props :reason:

Pinkbox

19 May 2016

Just saw the video again, and I just want to say one thing : ouh yeah.
The upgrade from R7 is gonna be nice.
Attachments
theme2.jpg
theme2.jpg (178.03 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
theme1.jpg
theme1.jpg (176.26 KiB) Viewed 1757 times

joeyluck

19 May 2016

nooomy wrote:
eXode wrote:You can sign up for beta testing here
awww :/

Why cant you Join the beta if you only own reason 7?
Probably for a few reasons... Maybe because of Reason 9 having many workflow things similar and improved upon from R8? Things in which R8 users are already familiar. And maybe to incentivize you to upgrade to R8 now? As you would get R9 for free. In any case, you will still be able to demo R9 when it's released...

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:Mmmm here's a question for those who read the manual, are the color themes presets themes ? Or can you make your own?
Presets only:
themes.JPG
themes.JPG (129.54 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

willowman

19 May 2016

Mmmmm, I'm a filthy naughty little reason slut, I want version 9 so bad and sooooo hard...I can't stop looking at your pictures and thinking about you, give it to me now, Mmmmmm ;)
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

The Real Deanc2000

19 May 2016

This is great news. I'm still on 7.2.

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

Note split:
note-split.JPG
note-split.JPG (69.75 KiB) Viewed 1727 times

craven

19 May 2016

orthodox wrote:
nooomy wrote:Why cant you Join the beta if you only own reason 7?
I guess because users of the 7 are not quite able to focus on new features of the 9.
but you could easily upgrade now and get Reason 9 for free later. There's really no reason to wait. And since the beta starts soon, we will basicly start to use Reason 9 very soon!
Last edited by craven on 19 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:ugeek:

Yonatan

19 May 2016

Light Warriors, or the Dark Force, or simply The Blues? Now we can choose side! ;)

Think I mostly will switch between the Light and The Blues screen...The Dark Force...better keep away from, young Skywalker!
Last edited by Yonatan on 19 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

Reverse:
reverse.JPG
reverse.JPG (183.59 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

Ottostrom

19 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
Ottostrom wrote: Remember that some people here will never be satisfied with Reason until it actually becomes another DAW that already exist.
Agreed. BUT so far this update looks good. And every criticism of it shouldn't be considered hate. So far I've seen 2 user who are opened with there reason criticism say that they are getting R9.

I my self who have shared my own strong opinions on what I would like in REASON liked these updates. When I saw bounce in place to wave.. I was glad to see it...this feature I like in Studio One and will help work flow a lot, the previous method to record a Midi clip to Audio, I felt was cumbersome.
But Reason 9 doesn't mean that future request and expressing what one doesn't like should now stop!
This update definitely brings more to the table than version 8 did. So lets hope people can take it for what it is and not what it could have been.
I absolutely agree that there should still be criticism, as long as it is fair, since that is a driving force for a company to move forward in the right direction. It's so frustrating when people say stuff like " Its 2016 and still no vst support!?" when it has been clear for years that Propellerhead is taking a different approach to music making. I for one dont think want a world where there is a guideline of features and every single company is just competing with one another to see who can implement them all first. Effectively creating the same software with minor tweaks.

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

Drop to Allihoopa:
alli1.JPG
alli1.JPG (138.48 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
alli2.JPG
alli2.JPG (140.59 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

riemac

19 May 2016

Can someone check, if it is no possible to drag and drop a midi clip in a existing sequencer-lane without creating a new midi device?

pjeudy

19 May 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Mmmm here's a question for those who read the manual, are the color themes presets themes ? Or can you make your own?
Presets only:
themes.JPG
I welcome theme in Reason 9. Would love if a Properlerhead representative can say why not the Mixer theme color also, seems like the colors would work there to , no ?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

stevan

19 May 2016

Are these color themes discussible ? I wished a grey one instead of two dark themes, something in between white and dark ...

zakalwe

19 May 2016

I think the package fails at what it's supposed to be which is an integrated studio and i think it's quite fair to critique it on that basis.

for example, they introduced a convolution reverb with no bundled IRs. i can forgive the renoise team for that because it's a handful of guys but it''s not really acceptable for a premium priced product like reason. this follows on from introducing parallel channels without addressing processing latency for rackextensions and audio tracks with extremely limited snap and fading controls.

all this new stuff is very slick but it's very much let down by the condition of the rest of the package and i'm hoping they have a roadmap for addressing that over the next couple of years.

Rook

19 May 2016

Still an improvement, but that's a bit of a bummer that the theme colors don't affect the mixer...

esselfortium

19 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:I think the package fails at what it's supposed to be which is an integrated studio and i think it's quite fair to critique it on that basis.

for example, they introduced a convolution reverb with no bundled IRs. i can forgive the renoise team for that because it's a handful of guys but it''s not really acceptable for a premium priced product like reason.
They bundled a ton of IRs with the reverb, actually.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Exowildebeest

19 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:
for example, they introduced a convolution reverb with no bundled IRs.
It came with a Refill that was alright.

Exowildebeest

19 May 2016

The manual leads me to believe the new Player devices have no backside, or there's nothing to see there. Probably the latter, as the aesthetics would be weird otherwise.

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

Bounce in place:
bounce1.JPG
bounce1.JPG (140.76 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
bounce2.JPG
bounce2.JPG (194.12 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

madmacman

19 May 2016

esselfortium wrote:
zakalwe wrote:for example, they introduced a convolution reverb with no bundled IRs.
They bundled a ton of IRs with the reverb, actually.
Did they actually ship the ReFill with the release? I know the "official" ReFill from the shop which collected many of the IR classics floating around in the web.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... i-patches/

• Information