Will you upgrade to Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you upgrade to Reason 9?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 349
zakalwe

19 May 2016

I'm tempted but the lack of under the hood improvements are a problem for me even though the browser, RV7000MKII, workflow enhancements and new MIDI toys are worth the money coming from 7.

tibah

19 May 2016

Yes Sir I can Boogie!

gullum

19 May 2016

on reason 8.3 and it's sure yes the pitch editor might give me confident to do some vocals again :D

Rice

19 May 2016

Yes, would get it today if it were available. I know the new features is not everyones cup of tea, but it is certainly my flavor. These are the features that will keep me almost completely inside of reason now.

willowman

19 May 2016

Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

The Tone Ranger

19 May 2016

This looks like the biggest update since Record so it's a yes. I'm on 8.3.

kitekrazy

19 May 2016

So is there drag and drop midi and change instrument on a track? If not then no. I will wait till they sweeten the pot with an upgrade deal.

Jagwah

19 May 2016

Yes and I'm very excited about these devices and new features! It would be nice to be back up to speed with everything.

Kinda bummed I can't actually beta test as I'm a R7 user, but it's actually a great omen as I have some work I really need to finish. Ugh, that means it's a whole month away before I can try a demo! Oh well la la happy times : D

Faastwalker

19 May 2016

Absolutely. To be honest I'm a little underwhelmed by some aspects of the upgrade. But there's certainly enough there to make it worthwhile for me. Audio to MIDI & Melodyne like editing is something I've been wishing for in Reason for some time. That's the main pull for me so I'll be upgrading ASAP.

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 May 2016

Uh oh, May madness just dropped and I'm definitely seeing $129 of sale REs that I want... :D

At least Reason 9 won't be out for a month.

ravisoni

19 May 2016

No. Good and chill features, but nothing that will really help me make better music. I guess that speaks more about me than reason.

Edit: My vote changes to yes after the first stream/demo.
Last edited by ravisoni on 27 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

WongoTheSane

19 May 2016

R8, and yes, I'll upgrade on June 21st at whatever time is midnight in Stockholm.
Jagwah wrote:Yes and I'm very excited about these devices and new features! It would be nice to be back up to speed with everything.

Kinda bummed I can't actually beta test as I'm a R7 user, but it's actually a great omen as I have some work I really need to finish. Ugh, that means it's a whole month away before I can try a demo! Oh well la la happy times : D
You could buy R8 today (with the free upgrade to R9) and enroll in the beta test right away.

MirEko

19 May 2016

Not sure.. Geist 2 just dropped and thats a tough call between the two programs
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Goriila Texas

19 May 2016

No,from what we know the features listed I don't need I'm good with v7.

gak

20 May 2016

Shit, I might even have to buy a muthafukin microphone and get into some crazy pitch correction.

Er, I just had a thought. What if all the shit is crazy on the ol' CPU (scared)

dvdrtldg

20 May 2016

I got started with Reason 4 and this is the first update that's held no interest for me. Not complaining about it, just nothing here that gets me particularly psyched for the kind of music I make

Also it's hard to get excited when the Props' teaser video features R9 creating the shittiest, cheesiest music ever recorded :)

I might pull the trigger at some point if they offer it up at crazy discount with some REs I don't already have. But no hurry. I'll get truly excited if/when they introduce advanced editing, an advanced combinator, and sample loading

Soft Enerji

20 May 2016

I haven't missed an upgrade since I started on 4. It'll be good for folks to finally stop whining about 8 too :roll: :puf_smile:

Jagwah

20 May 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:You could buy R8 today (with the free upgrade to R9) and enroll in the beta test right away.
Essentially that would mean paying for the upgrade without being able to try the player devices. I actually need to save for the upgrade, which gives me time to finish what I'm currently working on - if I had these shiny new toys that would be difficult. One month is SUCH a long time though!! : D

boobytrap

20 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:No. After watching the video again the devices are okay but its not what I want. Audio editing features is what I want. Good update but not for me.
sometimes, that happens to me when Studio One 3 upgrade. also I expect lots of things with R9. with the i newer imagine these players, pitch editing things. but this is a paying upgrade. that's why you refuse. in my point of view this upgrade is really not mind blowing and revolutionary.
I compare new 3 players specially Chord & Scale thing, Pitch editing( that's amazing ) and 1000 new cutting edge sounds with 129$. that's sounds reasonable... :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

dvdrtldg

20 May 2016

Soft Enerji wrote:I haven't missed an upgrade since I started on 4. It'll be good for folks to finally stop whining about 8 too :roll: :puf_smile:
I'm sure the usual suspects will still find something to wet the bed over. Whiners gonna whine

buddard
RE Developer

20 May 2016

This upgrade is a no-brainer for me. Note to track for CV devices is alone worth the upgrade cost for me (no surprise there, right? :puf_wink:), but there are of course several other cool features and enhancements as well that add up to one hell of an upgrade!

alex

20 May 2016

Definitely yes! From Reason 8.
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

GRIFTY

20 May 2016

I would select a 'maybe' option. For now I have chosen 'no' until I see it in action a bit more

Heater

20 May 2016

As a keyboard player I can already play chords and arps and as I don't sing this upgrade offers very little to me.

And I'm on R7.

Kategra

20 May 2016

I will buy because it seems it will bring higher value to me than just buying 3-4 discounted REs (I have R8.3 since release). But I will not buy day one because now I have other hobbies or leisure activities that are more fun in the summer. A sale in late August might make me buy it before winter :D

• Information