Will you upgrade to Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you upgrade to Reason 9?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 349
DidziuojiA

23 Aug 2016

Offcourse YES! :)

mooseharris

25 Aug 2016

I said I wouldn't upgrade, but unfortunately I forced my own hand.

Having opened several of my compositions in the beta version of 9, I found they wouldn't open in 8 anymore, regardless of whether I'd changed anything. Luckily, since the collapse of the pound v the euro in the post-Brexit world, I managed to get a decent price for a physical copy from Dolphin Music, which saved about £15 from the Prop Shop download price.

So far it's not a massive difference, although I thought I'd play with the vocal correction on a couple of old tracks and it's very good; intuitive and not as obvious sounding as some pitch correction software. Scales and chords coupled with the double arpeggiator makes for a fun composition tool when used with synths or strings.

Not blown away, but not totally disappointed either.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2016

Anyone undecided: Reason 9 upgrade is £55 from Amazon UK

Grum

kitekrazy

27 Aug 2016

Grumbleweed wrote:Anyone undecided: Reason 9 upgrade is £55 from Amazon UK

Grum
What a tease. Post a link to verify.

kitekrazy

27 Aug 2016

kitekrazy wrote:

Grum
Found it. Bought, I hope it's legit. Your link didn't show up in the post.

joeyluck

27 Aug 2016

kitekrazy wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:

Grum
Well it says, "Dispatched and sold by Amazon"

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2016

kitekrazy wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:

Grum
When I view the post there is a pretty picture of Reason with the details of the price and that it's from Amazon.
If you bought it from Amazon UK I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Grum.

Edit: If it isn't legit we're both f&*#ed.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2016

The Amazon deal has gone from 15 in stock when I bought it to 3 so don't pee about if you're interested in a bargain!

Grum.

kitekrazy

28 Aug 2016

Yay! I will have Reason 9 by mid September. Maybe it would be a good idea to mess with the demo by now?

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2016

kitekrazy wrote:Yay! I will have Reason 9 by mid September. Maybe it would be a good idea to mess with the demo by now?
The demo is fully featured so you'll completely know what to expect when the real thing arrives. As I jumped in early mine is on its way - yay.

Grum

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2016

kitekrazy wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:

Grum
Delivered, registered and installed. Seems legit :D

Grum.

davidhyno

29 Aug 2016

Bought! And now waiting..... :)!

Thanks Grum!!

KicknSnare

29 Aug 2016

Just downloaded today. HELL YEAH. Only bummer was i came across a bug which i hope can be fixed. Still i'm very happy with everything else...so far..

RealmUK

30 Aug 2016

I probably will but only when the time is right. I'm on 8.3 and hanging in for the moment. The clincher in 9 for me though is the pitch editor which does look absolutely awesome.

The problem I face is that there are a number of REs and Refills I've got my eye on and need about 500 quid to satisfy my desires!! :(

stephensmattlee

31 Aug 2016

Just bit the bullet on version 9 from Amazon (although there's a few weeks wait for delivery), £100 to upgrade really didn't seem worthwhile to me coming from 8.3, but £55 is definitely a lot closer to what I'd value the upgrade coming from the previous version.

craven

31 Aug 2016

stephensmattlee wrote:Just bit the bullet on version 9 from Amazon (although there's a few weeks wait for delivery)
Amazon claims that it might take weeks but it is going to be much faster in most cases. I think a week is realistic.
:ugeek:

stephensmattlee

31 Aug 2016

That's very true, usually Amazon orders end up arriving earlier rather than later most of the time. To be honest I don't mind if it takes 3 weeks, was more concerned to catch it at the price they were offering the upgrade for before the price went up again

Gorgon

01 Sep 2016

Mine just arrived! Off to install. :D

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

davidhyno

02 Sep 2016

mine next week!

EdGrip

02 Sep 2016

I'm in the same boat - 8-to-9 isn't 99 Euros worth of upgrade for me, so I was waiting for a half-price Props sale or a juicy bundle/bunduru. Amazon deal is more like it - bought one!

tomba

03 Sep 2016

audio to midi helps vocals turn into accompanying vocal helpers
:reason: :re:

moneykube

04 Sep 2016

does the price for the upgrade go up tomorrow or is the price to 9 upgrade going to remain the same?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

stephensmattlee

05 Sep 2016

My copy of the upgrade I grabbed from Amazon last week is due for delivery today, good job I grabbed it when I did as Amazon have put the price back up to £99. I'm sure it will drop down again in a few months time so if anyone missed out its probably best to wait and keep an eye on how much they're offering it for

kitekrazy

09 Sep 2016

Gorgon wrote:Mine just arrived! Off to install. :D

Yay! Mine showed up a week early. I decided to download it instead to make sure I'm installing the current version. Plus I wanted to install it one the machine with the ignition key and it has no DVD drive. For some reason it kept delaying writing the new license on the ignition key but it finally worked.
I noticed it didn't over write Reason 8, not like I really wanted to keep Reason 8. It also imported previous settings. BTW it was a quick installation.
Wow! what a bargain! Another new DAW upgrade to mess with.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2016

kitekrazy wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Mine just arrived! Off to install. :D

Yay! Mine showed up a week early. I decided to download it instead to make sure I'm installing the current version. Plus I wanted to install it one the machine with the ignition key and it has no DVD drive. For some reason it kept delaying writing the new license on the ignition key but it finally worked.
I noticed it didn't over write Reason 8, not like I really wanted to keep Reason 8. It also imported previous settings. BTW it was a quick installation.
Wow! what a bargain! Another new DAW upgrade to mess with.
The DVD just "phones home" (i.e. connects to the Propellerhead site) - it doesn't contain the program to ensure you download the latest version.

Grum.

• Information