Reason 9 is ridicubad...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kuhliloach

29 Aug 2016

I agree Reason 9 is ridicubad! For me other DAWs now seem RIDICULOUS! That's mostly my fault because I don't use any of my time learning other DAW's. Sadly Reason 9's incredible power is well hidden behind a user-interface few people understand. Now let's watch this amazing person:

Gorgon

29 Aug 2016

craven wrote:I didn't see the Reason 9 offer on Amazon.com etc. just co.uk. Thanks for the heads up!
Mine has been sent out today. :D Now that is a good deal, from R7 to R9 for this price. I would never have considered it otherwise.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

boobytrap

29 Aug 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I agree Reason 9 is ridicubad! For me other DAWs now seem RIDICULOUS! That's mostly my fault because I don't use any of my time learning other DAW's. Sadly Reason 9's incredible power is well hidden behind a user-interface few people understand. Now let's watch this amazing person:

tumblr_nl8xltT0jt1thc0yto2_1280.gif
tumblr_nl8xltT0jt1thc0yto2_1280.gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2538 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

joeyluck

29 Aug 2016

kuhliloach wrote:
Awesome tutorial! Reminded me of how much I enjoy reverse pianos :puf_smile:

And I made a thing...

dagwood

30 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote: this is what people respond to there intro videos since 4 versions. look at the stats of likes and dislikes.
Looks as if the "likes" are continuing to rise more than the dislikes, as well as the views since the 2 & 1/2 months ago that you posted your screengrab. I wonder how this will look in a couple of years?
R9.JPG
R9.JPG (103.34 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
boobytrap wrote:
tumblr_nl8xltT0jt1thc0yto2_1280.gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2483 times
:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

Clearly we know more than you.
Last edited by dagwood on 30 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

dagwood

30 Aug 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I agree Reason 9 is ridicubad! For me other DAWs now seem RIDICULOUS! That's mostly my fault because I don't use any of my time learning other DAW's. Sadly Reason 9's incredible power is well hidden behind a user-interface few people understand. Now let's watch this amazing person:

Wait.. what??! I came to Reason specifically because the user-interface was so easy to understand! Having used at first Fruity Loops, then Reaper, I can say that Reason is a breath of fresh air.

Also cool to see the ladies keeping it real - nice to know I'm not alone! I wonder if Caiti VerBrugge is a forum member here?

boobytrap

30 Aug 2016

dagwood wrote:

That's true. Women always know about anything than men... but still we do have testosterone though ! Good luck with that bass !

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

dagwood

30 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote: Good luck with that bass !

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Huh? :question:

chk071

30 Aug 2016

dagwood wrote:
boobytrap wrote:

It was supposed to be a joke afaic. And i must admit that i found it quite funny. :D
:reason: :rebirth:

RendotDnB

30 Aug 2016

Just adding my 2 bits here....

I had Reason 4 and wanted to upgrade. I do mostly breaks and drum and bass. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to go to R7 or R8, so I just went with R9. The way I look at it, I grab R9 and I get everything from the past, and some of the changes (RE: Line 6 amp removals which I didn't personally use). It sucks that they lost the licensing for Line 6 and it was replaced with something substandard but.... I guess its something that needs to be figured out.

So far I'm happy with R9; maybe because I'm focusing on it and NOT worrying about the "which DAW is better" culture. For me, R9 gets the job done. If I wanted to move on to something new, I'd go FL Studio/Komplete 11. However, I like Reason's workflow and the rack... I can't get past the rack being a hardware guy.

dagwood

30 Aug 2016

chk071 wrote:
dagwood wrote:
boobytrap wrote:

It was supposed to be a joke afaic. And i must admit that i found it quite funny. :D
Well, that's unfortunate. His joke was sexist, and being the only women in this forum (that I know of), I tend to be more aware of the systematic treatment we tend to get in forums.

Anyway, I'm done. Said my part; I'll move on.

boobytrap

30 Aug 2016

dagwood wrote:
chk071 wrote:
dagwood wrote:
boobytrap wrote:

Well, that's unfortunate. His joke was sexist, and being the only women in this forum (that I know of), I tend to be more aware of the systematic treatment we tend to get in forums.

Anyway, I'm done. Said my part; I'll move on.
I watch The Mommy over 200 times. That's pretty awesome quote.. also I never knew a female in this forum. Now we all know that. From now watch out for PMs.. :D

dagwood

30 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote: From now watch out for PMs.. :D
:thumbs_down:
dagwood wrote:I tend to be more aware of the systematic treatment we tend to get in forums.
Case in point.

chk071

30 Aug 2016

Deleted.
Last edited by chk071 on 31 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

jonheal

30 Aug 2016

I think we should all be required to use our real names and not hide behind avatars. That's my real face, too, by the way ... although warped somewhat by the effects of extreme space/time dilation.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

selig
RE Developer

30 Aug 2016

chk071 wrote:I'm sorry, it was not my intention to insult you. Still, i don't know why you take a joke that badly. I mean, we all laugh about jew jokes, don't we? Not because we have a prejudiced view on jews, but, because the jokes, and the attitude behind those, are so ridiculous, that it's so stupid that it's funny again. If that makes sense to you. If not, I'm sorry, i didn't really mean it in a discriminating way. I think the woman in that tut video shows a whole lot of knowledge, and she's pretty good at teaching it too.
Moderation Hat Mode: engaged:
I hope everyone here is willing to err on the side of caution. This is not a forum for total freedom of speech, it's a forum about Reason products (and a loosely moderated one at that, so enjoy your limited freedom but please don't test the limits).

There's no harm in being overly respectful, but there CAN be harm in offending folks. And remember, just because YOU don't take offense to a "joke" doens't mean EVERYONE thinks that way.

I hope no one here considers it an imposition to be respectful with their speech in the name of creating an environment that works for everyone. That is all, carry on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

chk071

30 Aug 2016

You're right, i'm sorry.

jfrichards

30 Aug 2016

chk071 wrote:...i don't know why you take a joke that badly. I mean, we all laugh about jew jokes, don't we? ...
No, we don't.

normen

30 Aug 2016

TheGodOfRainbows

30 Aug 2016

dagwood wrote:
kuhliloach wrote:...Sadly Reason 9's incredible power is well hidden behind a user-interface few people understand
Wait.. what??! I came to Reason specifically because the user-interface was so easy to understand!
Yeah! I was surprised by that comment too. Reason's GUI and workflow clicked instantly, like literally within 10 minutes of first contact with Reason, I was cranking out tunes with FAR less effort and concentration than I was with anything else: Cubase, Cakewalk, Sonar, Reaper, Ableton...I've tried them all, and those DAWS gave me ulcers.

kuhliloach

31 Aug 2016

The GUI may have eventually clicked for you and I but personally I can say it took me a long time. The comment is mostly meant for newcomers who have never seen the program. The browser, alone, is enough to stop most folks.

jonheal

31 Aug 2016

I took me years—eight years of on and off use of Reason for anything to particularly "click." Yeah, I was able to plink down notes in the Sequencer more or less right away, and yeah, I could grab a random patch from some device to be activated by said plinked down notes, but I had NO IDEA what all of those knobs and sliders on the synths and other devices actually did ... beyond that they changed the sound in some mysterious way.

I am the sort of person who feels a little uncomfortable using something until I have a pretty good grasp of what it is actually doing. Not everyone is like that. My 16-year-old son happily plinks away at the old copy of Reason 4 upstairs, but I KNOW he has no idea what a filter or LFO is, or what they are actually doing. Right now, it doesn't bother him, and that's great. One less impediment.

But to say Reason is "easy" does no good for beginners who are wired more like me, other than to unnecessarily intimidate them.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

selig
RE Developer

31 Aug 2016

kuhliloach wrote:The GUI may have eventually clicked for you and I but personally I can say it took me a long time. The comment is mostly meant for newcomers who have never seen the program. The browser, alone, is enough to stop most folks.
Most folks? Based on what research? Not saying you're wrong just asking how you are so sure of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

gak

31 Aug 2016

jfrichards wrote:
chk071 wrote:...i don't know why you take a joke that badly. I mean, we all laugh about jew jokes, don't we? ...
No, we don't.
Just wanted to quote this for posterity.

kuhliloach

31 Aug 2016

I'm referring to anyone who isn't an advanced Reason user as Most Folks, whether or not they own Reason. So that's a lot of people.

I have a good familiarity with file structures, file types, and yet even in Reason 9 I find the browser always doing little things that confuse me. Like having to click on the orange bar x to make things appear. Perhaps italics would have been better than completely hiding things. Giving each device in Reason a customizable default path for patches would also be nice and eventually a smart database for organizing local resources.

• Information