Reason 9 live streams by Propellerhead

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

26 May 2016

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:So whats the deal with Facebook video then? Just make an account and check out the page, and it will just be there? I haven't been on in ages (pretty much hate facebook) but this something i don't wanna miss.
Not sure you need an account to view the page and the video. It's a public page. Can you view it now?

Zerosity

26 May 2016

Why doesn't Propellerheads use their Blog anymore? Some people (me) actually keep subscriptions to it, but there hasn't even been a post regarding Reason 9 release, let alone this live streaming event.

Ryan, while you are at HQ can you help push Matthias and the rest of the team to be a bit more communicative on all their social media platforms. It feels like Propellerheads has abandoned all social playforms with the exception of Facebook. And if you could also get them to be slightly more open with the information sharing (not asking for release dates or secret features) it would be awesome for the user base.

OK, I've taken enough off topic time in this post for my request of a more engaging social media presence.

Thanks again for doing the live stream, I just hope I can watch it somewhere without having to create a Facebook account.

Biolumin3sc3nt

26 May 2016

all im seeing is the may 19th upload

joeyluck

26 May 2016

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:all im seeing is the may 19th upload
I can see the whole page when logged out. Not sure if live videos will appear while logged out.

Skullture

26 May 2016

If you're tuning in now, good. You didn't miss anything yet..

EDIT: Joey, is dubbleposting OK on this board?

Zerosity

26 May 2016

Requires login.

decibel

26 May 2016

1.3k viewers live, will be uploaded to youtube apparently also ;)

Zerosity

26 May 2016

Propellerheads has confirmed YouTube upload? That is great, thanks!

submonsterz

26 May 2016

Thanks guys now I know I made the right choice upgrading the 6.5 license to r8 other day .
I'm convinced after that live feed that the players alone was worth it and all the other features ill now have when r9 drops as a free update for me
was worth every penny .
Not even gonna install the r8 I'm gonna wait for the r9 drop and crash course myself on it cant wait.
:thumbs_up:

decibel

26 May 2016

hope this puts reason back on the path to glory ;) i recon its going to lure in a lot of new reason users, which is what we need if we want to see reason become a fully realized war horse ;) more users, more funds flowing and hopefully more evolution and even better features to come etc

more users might also encourage more developers to take a chance with building RE's also, imagine a company like izotope for instance ? decided to port a few more of their bits over to the reason rack ? i wont be complaining ;)

more users also = more people creating content on social media such as youtube which will generate even more interest,, looking forward to R10 already lol
Last edited by decibel on 26 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

pushedbutton

26 May 2016

Have I shifted into some sort of time warp? I tuned it at 18.16BST, which I thought was the same as CET, and I heard Ryan saying bye and that was it.
CET, as far as I am aware is the same as BST at the moment.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

joeyluck

26 May 2016

pushedbutton wrote:Have I shifted into some sort of time warp? I tuned it at 18.16BST, which I thought was the same as CET, and I heard Ryan saying bye and that was it.
I had the same question as well. I saw a comment in the Rack Extensionists group on Facebook and looked it up. Google told me that 12 noon EDT was 5pm CET (as opposed to 6pm). I can confirm that it began at 12 noon here on the east coast US.

decibel

26 May 2016

pushedbutton wrote:Have I shifted into some sort of time warp? I tuned it at 18.16BST, which I thought was the same as CET, and I heard Ryan saying bye and that was it.
will be posted on youtube and their facebook page ;)

pushedbutton

26 May 2016

decibel wrote:
That's not the point, what time is it? Am I still on earth?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

joeyluck

26 May 2016

decibel wrote:
Well it's already on Facebook. When a video is done streaming, it's viewable.

pushedbutton

26 May 2016

But, just to be clear, that stream started at 1700CET and ended at 1817CET, right?

kuhliloach

26 May 2016

That live stream was fantastic. No FaceBook login was required.

I was very impressed with the Players demonstration! I was not expecting to be this excited about them.

It was great to see Mattias. He seems like an excellent Product Manager for Reason.

joeyluck

26 May 2016

pushedbutton wrote:But, just to be clear, that stream started at 1700CET and ended at 1817CET, right?
Google tells me so. But they say 6pm... I believe Sweden is in CET, so I would think they would know. But maybe there's something else fancy going on with that time zone. Because again, Google tells me CET is only 5 hours ahead of EDT. Maybe PropellerheadHQ is an hour in the future?

mreese80

26 May 2016

It will be up later on youtube
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

26 May 2016

Well that was fun, guys! Thanks for tuning in! Here's to next week and more fun to come.

All the people who've been requesting more music making month type stuff, tonight reminded us why we enjoy this as much as you guys seem to. I'm going to be thinking about how I might be able to incorporate more streaming more often. One thought would be a streaming session maybe the day after I drop a new tutorial so we can all talk through the concepts in more detail together.

pushedbutton

26 May 2016

ryanharlin wrote:Well that was fun, guys! Thanks for tuning in! Here's to next week and more fun to come.

All the people who've been requesting more music making month type stuff, tonight reminded us why we enjoy this as much as you guys seem to. I'm going to be thinking about how I might be able to incorporate more streaming more often. One thought would be a streaming session maybe the day after I drop a new tutorial so we can all talk through the concepts in more detail together.
So...what time will it be at? 5pm GMT or 6pm CET?

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

26 May 2016

pushedbutton wrote:So...what time will it be at? 5pm GMT or 6pm CET?
We're still teaching our email guys how to read clocks. Bear with us. :)

It'll be at 6pm Stockholm Time. That's 12 noon East Coast Time in the US. I leave the rest for you guys to figure out.

QVprod

26 May 2016

This was great. I think I've actually been convinced to upgrade from R7 now.

• Information