Reason 9 live streams by Propellerhead

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

26 May 2016

QVprod wrote:This was great. I think I've actually been convinced to upgrade from R7 now.
Agreed,for $129 you get drag and drop,streamlined rack,players and a few extras. Hell I might get v8 today and just wait for the free upgrade when 9 drops.

Guess I got to change my vote.

Yonatan

26 May 2016

Watched the recorded video. Very inspiring! Glad you will do a triology. :) Did I see a SM7 mic...classic!
R9 is fantastic! Future looks bright for Reason and PH.

Livestream after a tutorial is a good idea btw.
Last edited by Yonatan on 26 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

mreese80

26 May 2016

I'm watching the stream on facebook now and i've got to admit i'm liking what i'm hearing and seeing. The needs sounds are going to be really nice. I would still like those audio features i've been talking about but upgrading to 9 could be a possibility.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

zeebot

26 May 2016

So I got an email from props to come and watch the stream but it is asking me to log in or register with Farcebook. Absolutely no way I would sign up to that garbage so how can non users watch it? Why didn't they just stream it on Youtube like normal people?
I feel somewhat marginalised as a paid up user of their software.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Goriila Texas

26 May 2016

zeebot wrote:So I got an email from props to come and watch the stream but it is asking me to log in or register with Farcebook. Absolutely no way I would sign up to that garbage so how can non users watch it? Why didn't they just stream it on Youtube like normal people?
I watched the whole thing on facebook and i don't have an account.

mreese80

26 May 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
zeebot wrote:So I got an email from props to come and watch the stream but it is asking me to log in or register with Farcebook. Absolutely no way I would sign up to that garbage so how can non users watch it? Why didn't they just stream it on Youtube like normal people?
i didnt sign in. the page shows the video. i guess they have it uploaded on facebook already.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Goriila Texas

26 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
i didnt sign in. the page shows the video. i guess they have it uploaded on facebook already.
Yep,but I don't know about live streaming though.

Zerosity

26 May 2016

kuhliloach wrote:That live stream was fantastic. No FaceBook login was required.

I was very impressed with the Players demonstration! I was not expecting to be this excited about them.

It was great to see Mattias. He seems like an excellent Product Manager for Reason.
Are you sure no login was required? Because I attached a screenshot of that not being the case when I followed the link that Joey provided and I tried multiple times.

Zerosity

26 May 2016

I think you guys just watched the recording of the stream without an account. There was no way to participate and ask questions during the live stream because a Facebook account was required.

JerrelTheKing

26 May 2016

I'm excited about 9 coming out now... Coming from 7 this is going to be great. I really do like the sounds.. The new sounds could lowkey possibly turn out to be one of the best things about this update.. June 21 is marked on my calendar for sure. Not even upgrading to 8 now I want to learn it all once..

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

26 May 2016

Tomorrow I'll be putting the Facebook stream up on our Youtube Channel.

We considered where to stream... Facebook, Youtube, Twitch. But in the end, Facebook offers a great way to reach a lot of people and when we realized we can archive to Youtube the combination seems like a no-brainer. We have many users on both platforms and Youtube-only streams would marginalize those other paid up users. :)

lowpryo

26 May 2016

JerrelTheKing wrote:I'm excited about 9 coming out now... Coming from 7 this is going to be great. I really do like the sounds.. The new sounds could lowkey possibly turn out to be one of the best things about this update.. June 21 is marked on my calendar for sure. Not even upgrading to 8 now I want to learn it all once..
I think you're right about the new sound libary. right now, I think so many uninformed producers accuse Reason of having a "sound" because the default synth patches and samples in the Factory Sound Bank sound fairly cheap and artificial without any processing.

so far, all of the sounds I've heard in this new R9 soundbank have been a lot more clean and full, and more similar to what you hear in modern electronic music. I foresee an overall bump in quality of all amateur Reason compisitions with this new library. I'm sure it's one of the reasons they pursued it.

joeyluck

26 May 2016

ryanharlin wrote:
Tomorrow I'll be putting the Facebook stream up on our Youtube Channel.

We considered where to stream... Facebook, Youtube, Twitch. But in the end, Facebook offers a great way to reach a lot of people and when we realized we can archive to Youtube the combination seems like a no-brainer. We have many users on both platforms and Youtube-only streams would marginalize those other paid up users. :)
I agree that Facebook is a great choice. Not only does it work well, but it also streams in people's Facebook news feeds when it is live. So for those who might not have known about it, it may be more likely they stumble upon it on Facebook while it is streaming.

tibah

26 May 2016

Great stream! 5 years since MMM? Oh boy. And btw, where are the glasses Ryan? ;) And thanks to Mattias of course! Seems he went up some notches by being product manager now. Buy him a Club Mate from me. :)

I enjoyed this very much and I do have access to the beta, but it's still refreshing to learn something about a thing that is refreshing. Eh... if that made any sense. ;)

Zac

26 May 2016

Just watched this ... very inspiring, it's got me very excited for when I can upgrade. Looking forward to the next two sessions.

submonsterz

26 May 2016

pushedbutton wrote:
ryanharlin wrote:Well that was fun, guys! Thanks for tuning in! Here's to next week and more fun to come.

All the people who've been requesting more music making month type stuff, tonight reminded us why we enjoy this as much as you guys seem to. I'm going to be thinking about how I might be able to incorporate more streaming more often. One thought would be a streaming session maybe the day after I drop a new tutorial so we can all talk through the concepts in more detail together.
So...what time will it be at? 5pm GMT or 6pm CET?
if ya uk which if I remember you are if its 6 there its 5 here they are an hour ahead of us here in uk.
I switched in at 5pm caught the whole thing.
so 6 cet = 5 gmt

submonsterz

26 May 2016

I never signed in it never asked for log in or to register to let me watch it all no problems here
you only have to log in to actually type into the chat box that's all.
was a good stream too very little glitches at all only once did it do a small glitch which sorted itself out in around two or three seconds and I had it full screen best quality :).
I used just the edge browser on win 10 to watch it by going to the facebook page link for em cicked on the stream job done.

mreese80

26 May 2016

Zerosity wrote:
kuhliloach wrote:That live stream was fantastic. No FaceBook login was required.

I was very impressed with the Players demonstration! I was not expecting to be this excited about them.

It was great to see Mattias. He seems like an excellent Product Manager for Reason.
Are you sure no login was required? Because I attached a screenshot of that not being the case when I followed the link that Joey provided and I tried multiple times.
I clicked the link joey posted. It took me right to pH Facebook page. I just clicked play on the video. I didnt log in and i dont use facebook.

Creativemind

26 May 2016

First thing...how do you maximize the video?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

26 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:First thing...how do you maximize the video?
Visit the video on Facebook by clicking the little Facebook icon in the bottom right of the video player. For some reason, the embedded player here doesn't show an expand option...

Creativemind

26 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Creativemind wrote:First thing...how do you maximize the video?
Visit the video on Facebook by clicking the little Facebook icon in the bottom right of the video player. For some reason, the embedded player here doesn't show an expand option...
Yeah just found that. Thanks Joey.

Quality isn't great mind. Says HD but I'd say more 240 or 360p.

orthodox
RE Developer

26 May 2016

yeah, quality sux, 640x360 max, hope they have saved hd video for youtube version

Creativemind

26 May 2016

orthodox wrote:yeah, quality sux, 640x360 max, hope they have saved hd video for youtube version
Yeah I was only just about able to read the words, "Filter Notes" on the Scales & Chords Player. Annoyed me as well, on the Scales and Chords part, when the guy asked if it still works in the piano roll, presumably meaning the midi editor, can you manually do it, he said yeah and it didn't. I say didn't, 'cause it only puts a note in there (correct me if I'm wrong unless there's another way) and it only allows you to play or pencil individual notes in there. I want it to pencil in the entire chord. It will put the chord in there if you're recording with Direct Record which is ok, so I s'pose all's not lost but if it's playing a chord, is there a way to pencil in a whole chord rather than playing it in?

Ostermilk

26 May 2016

What is a 'baiter' version?

Is it the same as what would be called 'beater' version round these parts?

Tamaita, tomato? Man, these things keep me awake at night.

Great presentation though and nearly 15,000 views already at the time of writing this, which kind of justifies the use of Facebook as the venue straight away.

Zerosity

26 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:

I clicked the link joey posted. It took me right to pH Facebook page. I just clicked play on the video. I didnt log in and i dont use facebook.
We're you able to see and participate in the chat session? If not, then you're just watching the recorded video and not the actual live stream.

Hopefully next time Propellerheads can make the live stream available to those that have moved on from Facebook. But until then, at least we can view the video after the fact, even though Facebook's archive resolution looks very limited. They should check out the streams that Adam Fielding has done with Twitch, because that quality is superb.

I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing Propellerheads because I'm super grateful that they are even taking the time for an event like this. I just want it to be more accessible.

Thank you Ryan, Mattias, and the rest of Propellerheads.

• Information