Global transpose?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
qoreybeats

17 Jun 2016

Does anyone know how to global transpose like Logic? I attached a picture to show the feature I'm talking about.
Attachments
golbal transpose.jpg
golbal transpose.jpg (65.42 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

Not for the channel, but for the clips you select. You could add a second MIDI lane to the one you want to transpose, duplicate the MIDI clips like for like, then with the second lane of clips use the F8 tool palette and find the TRANSPOSE setting, then APPLY it to those specific clips. Having the two lanes allows you to mute either the whole lane, or mute specific clips through the two lanes. There isn't a track inspector like Logic or Cubase (but that might be a nice touch for a feature suggestion)

selig
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

The feature you're showing is "input transpose", which I would prefer to do from my controller anyway. But no, there is no way to transpose the input in Reason natively. Options would be to use a Combinator and transpose there, or transpose the instrument. You can also do this with the new Players, but you'll have to be running Reason 9 to use this approach. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information