Reason 9: I don't like it

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
craste

21 Jun 2016

I 4king lurve it!

OMG downloaded today and been playing around with scales and chords - this will transform my music as I can't play the keyboard for toffee!

What an amazing upgrade!

Well done props I'm loving it so far!!!

Noplan
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

Ok

Majestik Monkey

21 Jun 2016

:lol:

Emian

21 Jun 2016

catchy topic title ! ;)

The new soundbank is at least impressive, in all categories !

Then there's the player devices.... well.... Scales & Chords + Dual Arp + Antidote = shutup&takemymoney :D

need to dive into Note Echo or the pitch editor... no time for that now....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

CookieClimber

21 Jun 2016

I think Props are gonna reap a lot of users without knowledge of music theory with this one. It's good. (But it also itches a little for people who studied years of music, and now there is a player who creates the scales and chords for you out of nowhere)

tibah

21 Jun 2016

CookieClimber wrote:I think Props are gonna reap a lot of users without knowledge of music theory with this one. It's good. (But it also itches a little for people who studied years of music, and now there is a player who creates the scales and chords for you out of nowhere)
And there are a thousands tools that do that for every other DAW, either in the form of stock MIDI plug-ins or 3rd party stuff, like XFER Cthulhu.

For me, Reason 9 is the sum of its parts. Take one feature and you be like "ok" or even "meh". Take them all together and you probably will get a warmly "yay".

Gorgon

21 Jun 2016

Downloading the trial version. We'll see.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Noplan
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

CookieClimber wrote:I think Props are gonna reap a lot of users without knowledge of music theory with this one. It's good. (But it also itches a little for people who studied years of music, and now there is a player who creates the scales and chords for you out of nowhere)

the players are also useful for people with knowledge of music theory.

Gorgon

21 Jun 2016

Noplan wrote:

the players are also useful for people with knowledge of music theory.
It's a normal progression in software. Look at Ableton with Push.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Libraquaricorn

21 Jun 2016

I'm wondering, does the new soundbank include the old one, or should I back that up from my previous version (7.1)? I bought the upgrade but haven't had time to install it yet...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

It's a fantastic upgrade from R7, as you said "Well done Props"..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

Libraquaricorn wrote:I'm wondering, does the new soundbank include the old one, or should I back that up from my previous version (7.1)? I bought the upgrade but haven't had time to install it yet...
The old one is in the new one, plus there is a new separate one as well...

JerrelTheKing

21 Jun 2016

Coming from 7 this is a high quality upgrade.

elwoodblues914C5

21 Jun 2016

Holy f**king sh*t-balls,this upgrade is a supernova of sonic supremacy!I went ape-sh*t with the new presets and inspiration and creativity was jet-streaming out of my finger tips! :thumbs_up: :D :o :lol: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

plaamook

21 Jun 2016

Well, I didn't quite get the same results as elwoodblues but I like it more than I expected. I skipped 8 because...I thought it was shit. But the 8/9 combo is entertaining enough. Not a game changer for me personally but there are some nice improvements.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Last Alternative

21 Jun 2016

I just woke up. Gonna get 9 now!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

OldSchoolSkunk

22 Jun 2016

I used Chords and Scales on some Combinatators in Bitleys Way Beyond Fairlight that have the old RPG 8 in them.. my GOD i love this thing... Loving R9 thank you Props :)

decibel

22 Jun 2016

i predict there is going to be a new "reason sound" emerging over the next few months ;) lol

Adreqi

22 Jun 2016

decibel wrote:i predict there is going to be a new "reason sound" emerging over the next few months ;) lol
with all those nice presets, likely, laziness will be a cruel master :')

I love those players too, even with knowledge of theory they will be useful.

• Information