List of "disappeared" RE's

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
madmacman

22 Jun 2016

With the release of R9 yesterday, I realized that some of my RE's have been pulled from the shop. Not only the now included Audiomatic & Pulsar (what about the people who don't upgrade?), but also the Softube Amps:

* Audiomatic
* Pulsar
* Softube Amp
* Softube Bass Amp
* MC-1 More Cowbell

I get a "No Image available" on my account list and the link to the shop page results in "404".

Anything else?

swamptooth

22 Jun 2016

My guess is that now that these are stock with 9 (except MC-1??) they are not for sale individually any more. It could be seen as a way to get people to upgrade, which makes sense because the upgrade cost is less than the total cost of the individual extensions.

Olivier

22 Jun 2016

Wasn't the mc1 an April fools gag ? I know it's a real re, but maybe not meant to remain available.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Gaja

22 Jun 2016

They are a permanent addition to the rack now. MC-1 was advertised to be an april fools thing that would disappear from the shop after april. So nothing is wrong here.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

madmacman

22 Jun 2016

Gaja wrote:They are a permanent addition to the rack now. MC-1 was advertised to be an april fools thing that would disappear from the shop after april. So nothing is wrong here.
Ah ok, I missed the "april fools" part. Thought they would turn it into a $9 thingie or so... :mrgreen:

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

Don't buy those bullsh*t April fools RE's. Crapre taught me that lesson. How they could even charge for such a piece of shit is beyond me. It would actually be nice to be able to automate the destruction....... .. . How hard would that be? I'll even pay another $9 for that. Peff--you're a cool dude and all but not including that simple request that would actually make your product worth a damn to function as a unique, serious music making tool was like saying "fu-q" to all of us.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Jagwah

22 Jun 2016

What, Pulsar is part of R9?

madmacman

22 Jun 2016

Jagwah wrote:What, Pulsar is part of R9?
yep, I didn't investigate further, but Matthias said something like "integrated" into R9. More like Pulverizer & Co. unlike Synchronous (which was added as free download to the account)

buddard
RE Developer

22 Jun 2016

madmacman wrote:
Gaja wrote:They are a permanent addition to the rack now. MC-1 was advertised to be an april fools thing that would disappear from the shop after april. So nothing is wrong here.
Ah ok, I missed the "april fools" part. Thought they would turn it into a $9 thingie or so... :mrgreen:
Yeah, maybe we should have changed it to $9 after april instead of removing it altogether?

Anyway, even though MC-1 is gone from the shop pages it will always be available on Propellerhead's servers for resync purposes, and we will of course still support the product and provide bug fixes if necessary.

Jagwah

22 Jun 2016

madmacman wrote:
yep, I didn't investigate further, but Matthias said something like "integrated" into R9. More like Pulverizer & Co. unlike Synchronous (which was added as free download to the account)
That burns a bit, many people have payed $50 US for it.

Ostermilk

22 Jun 2016

swamptooth wrote:My guess is that now that these are stock with 9 (except MC-1??) they are not for sale individually any more. It could be seen as a way to get people to upgrade, which makes sense because the upgrade cost is less than the total cost of the individual extensions.
The download links are still available from your account page, so if they are in your account already you can still download them (i.e if you have an earlier version), so I don't see it as a way to get people to upgrade TBH. It just means they are no longer available to purchase as single RE's as they come included from now on.

Loque

22 Jun 2016

Jagwah wrote:
madmacman wrote:
Yea... Sh*t...
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

22 Jun 2016

Ostermilk wrote:
swamptooth wrote:My guess is that now that these are stock with 9 (except MC-1??) they are not for sale individually any more. It could be seen as a way to get people to upgrade, which makes sense because the upgrade cost is less than the total cost of the individual extensions.
The download links are still available from your account page, so if they are in your account already you can still download them (i.e if you have an earlier version), so I don't see it as a way to get people to upgrade TBH. It just means they are no longer available to purchase as single RE's as they come included from now on.
Yup it seems more of a way of looking out for users. The amps and Audiomatic have always been included (Audiomatic with 7+ and Softube Amps with 8+). Pulsar is the new exception. They are now built-in to remove extra steps of installation and so new included sounds can utilize these and work right out of the box.

Gorgon

22 Jun 2016

Jagwah wrote: That burns a bit, many people have payed $50 US for it.
I guess the lesson here is "do not buy overpriced RE's". :) Especially not from PH itself.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

swamptooth

22 Jun 2016

Loque wrote:
Jagwah wrote:
madmacman wrote:
Yea... Sh*t...
Love your avatar! I just picked up UT a few months ago for nostalgia. I've been messing a bit with the unreal tournament sound files using OpenMPT.

Loque

22 Jun 2016

swamptooth wrote:
Loque wrote:
Jagwah wrote:
madmacman wrote:
Yea... Sh*t...
Love your avatar! I just picked up UT a few months ago for nostalgia. I've been messing a bit with the unreal tournament sound files using OpenMPT.
Holy sh*t!
Reason12, Win10

Sinistereo

22 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Don't buy those bullsh*t April fools RE's. Crapre taught me that lesson. How they could even charge for such a piece of shit is beyond me. It would actually be nice to be able to automate the destruction....... .. . How hard would that be? I'll even pay another $9 for that. Peff--you're a cool dude and all but not including that simple request that would actually make your product worth a damn to function as a unique, serious music making tool was like saying "fu-q" to all of us.
I love my CrapRe. I use it when Pulverizer, Scream, and a bit crusher aren't enough and the situation calls for a bit of unicorn diarrhea.

I've also used MC-1 in a project. Every musical genre needs more cowbell.

Best thing about the Reason community is how well everyone can take a joke.

normen

22 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Don't buy those bullsh*t April fools RE's. Crapre taught me that lesson. How they could even charge for such a piece of shit is beyond me. It would actually be nice to be able to automate the destruction....... .. . How hard would that be? I'll even pay another $9 for that. Peff--you're a cool dude and all but not including that simple request that would actually make your product worth a damn to function as a unique, serious music making tool was like saying "fu-q" to all of us.
Who would be so stupid to buy it if he doesn't need it or it doesn't deliver all features that he wants from it? One can try REs and check exactly what its all about...

selig
RE Developer

22 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Jagwah wrote: That burns a bit, many people have payed $50 US for it.
I guess the lesson here is "do not buy overpriced RE's". :) Especially not from PH itself.
And for developers it's "never put anything on sale"?
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

normen wrote:Who would be so stupid to buy it if he doesn't need it or it doesn't deliver all features that he wants from it? One can try REs and check exactly what its all about...
Me apparently lol. I really liked it at first until I realized later it can't be automated. When I bought it I assumed you could since virtually everything has that capability.
Like I said, Crapre would be awesome if we could do that. It's a damn shame.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

EdGrip

22 Jun 2016

Jagwah wrote:
........................and that's how long that took.

;)

jonheal

22 Jun 2016

Maybe everything will eventually be included. I will wait to upgrade until 2087.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

gak

23 Jun 2016

buddard wrote:
madmacman wrote:
Yeah, maybe we should have changed it to $9 after april instead of removing it altogether?

Anyway, even though MC-1 is gone from the shop pages it will always be available on Propellerhead's servers for resync purposes, and we will of course still support the product and provide bug fixes if necessary.
Ah, so that was a "crapre" kinda thing?

It's hard being such a retard :(

Last Alternative

23 Jun 2016

I have missing images for those on the list (which I have) and also Selig Leveler.

Jagwah

23 Jun 2016

EdGrip wrote:
Jagwah wrote:
........................and that's how long that took.

;)
What on earth is wrong with my opinion here? I feel a bit burned. How much better would it be if we received a shop gift voucher, instead of making something free that half of us already paid full price for?

• Information