Midi mapping Maschine to Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gabaghoul

22 Jun 2016

Sorry for the newbie question but I am having difficult mapping my Maschine Studio to Reason 9.

The device is definitely sending Midi and when I set it up in Reason as a Control surface, its appears to get data on the Maschine Virtual Port, so that all look good.

But when I go into Reason, it doesnt appear to send any midi to a track. Any thoughts?

gabaghoul

22 Jun 2016

Sorry for being a dope. Just needed to be mapped as a Midi Keyboard and opposed to a Midi Controller. Works fine now.

Sinistereo

22 Jun 2016

Glad it's working!

I just wanted to call attention to the folks at ReTouch Control - they make software that integrates Maschine with Reason. I have a Push 2 and have been very impressed with how well it integrates with Reason using their PusheR2 software. You might want to check them out!

http://retouchcontrol.com

They had an update ready to go for Reason 9 on release day. Happy customer here. :)

16BitBear

23 Jun 2016

Sinistereo wrote:Glad it's working!

I just wanted to call attention to the folks at ReTouch Control - they make software that integrates Maschine with Reason. I have a Push 2 and have been very impressed with how well it integrates with Reason using their PusheR2 software. You might want to check them out!

http://retouchcontrol.com

They had an update ready to go for Reason 9 on release day. Happy customer here. :)
Thanks for the link on this. I have been considering getting Maschine and know I can work with Reason with this tool is a big push in that direction. :thumbs_up:

Sinistereo

23 Jun 2016

I'd love to know how that works out for you. My ideal solution would be Push 2 controlling Maschine loaded as a rack extension in Reason. :)

Wook

29 Jun 2016

Sinistereo wrote:They had an update ready to go for Reason 9 on release day. Happy customer here. :)
Can you tell me what did that update bring? I got Push 2 as a present the other day and I'd like to pair it with Reason. Can you browse devices, RE's and samples from Push?

Nirude

29 Jun 2016

I have Machine v1 in my closet. Will try it with Reason 9 ...
3d man.

Sinistereo

29 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:
Sinistereo wrote:They had an update ready to go for Reason 9 on release day. Happy customer here. :)
Can you tell me what did that update bring? I got Push 2 as a present the other day and I'd like to pair it with Reason. Can you browse devices, RE's and samples from Push?
Yes to all of the above. :) Except maybe sample loading... haven't tried that but will check it out.

Once you get everything set up, it works pretty transparently.

Wook

29 Jun 2016

Sinistereo wrote:Yes to all of the above. :) Except maybe sample loading... haven't tried that but will check it out.

Once you get everything set up, it works pretty transparently.
Thank you. :)

Sinistereo

29 Jun 2016

Now I can't get patch browsing to work, and it's not creating new tracks or devices from Push. Going to dig in and see if I can get it all working. YMMV.

Stock Music Musician

03 Jul 2016

I really want to like Retouch. And it works great, when it works. But it was the most difficult piece of software I've ever installed in my 33 years on earth (except maybe when things used to come on 10 floppy disks, and sometimes you didn't have the right drivers, or the internet). The documentation is really poor and I've found that it's been buggy. But I haven't tried it on Reason 9 yet, so fingers crossed.

bitley

17 Jul 2016

MaschineR looks pretty interesting. My NI gadget just sits as well. Any magazine reviews etc?

• Information