Reason 9 For Sale

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
altron

02 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
altron wrote:
samardac wrote:
But back on topic ... I rather like you to go for Reason if you want to stay making music. Because it's a fine tool, despite all the bland music advertisement that is associated with it (in part thanks to the Props themselves who only seem to want to cater to mainstream pop/rock/dubstep crap). My next studio setup will reduce the DAW into a corner even further and surround myself with keyboards more. it's very inspiring!
I decided to go with Studio One because I can not see any advantages of using Reason against it.
I love Korg Legasy, I love my BBE and Focusright Red plugins there is nothing like them in Reason. The only thing I really love in reason is CV, but it is not game changer for me. Also I do not like sequencer in Reason it looks not very good for me and it lacks a lot of commands/hotkeys for fast workflow. I really hate Reason Mixer, navigate it is real pain, because it is so big and looks the same on every stage and you alwas need time to understand where you are. I alwas avoid using that Mixer, it have some crappy effects on it, compressors - I do not like how they works at all, eq also is not top notch, buss compressor is absolutley awfull like and MClass devices. I think PH spend a lot of money and affords to create and maintain that Extantion system and do not pay enough attention to vital devices.Built in Synths also are far behind top quality ones. Also I do not like that framed UI. For me Reason was cool when it was 2,5, its gesign was absolutley Perfect! I still have cracked version of it installed, it was simple and it was awaysome. Other versions of Reason become complex and complex and complex. First concepton of Reason do not assumed so dramatic updates and changes so PH had to generate tricks any time to addopt it to current market demand, and it turns into really havy complex mutant with intermediate quality devices.
In part I agree with you. I felt that the latest upgrade was a lazy one. There isn't all that much new that appeals to me. It does me wonder that PH doesn't seem to notice that the midi sequencer and audio tracks are in serious need of improvement. Even now in Reason 9 throwing in note splitting and calling it a new feature is almost a slap in the face. Feature-wise the sequencer lags extremely behind other DAWs and I doubt I will use that new audio-pitch feature a lot.

But I value stability more than anything in a DAW and so I stick with Reason because, honestly, any other DAW crashes at some time during my creative phase and there are some essential things that PH really got right in Reason (compares with audio editing in Cubase ... yuck!). I upgraded to v9 to support PH in hope that they will improve Reason in the future. Because I'd hate to see Reason going down the drain. I'm not using instruments in Reason that much and instead use h/w synths & guitar/bass. I do use effects in Reason a lot though and there are some really great ones. I'm not sure what you mean by 'framed UI' but I like Reason's skeuomorphic UI paradigm and the rack format. In fact it has a HUGE appeal to me! Can't complain about the mixer. It does the job OK for me.

But PH need to get their act together! Reason 8 and 9 DSP performance sucks immensely on Mac OSX!
Trap is where music goes to die.

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

samardac wrote: I decided to go with Studio One because I can not see any advantages of using Reason against it.
I love Korg Legasy, I love my BBE and Focusright Red plugins there is nothing like them in Reason. The only thing I really love in reason is CV, but it is not game changer for me. Also I do not like sequencer in Reason it looks not very good for me and it lacks a lot of commands/hotkeys for fast workflow. I really hate Reason Mixer, navigate it is real pain, because it is so big and looks the same on every stage and you alwas need time to understand where you are. I alwas avoid using that Mixer, it have some crappy effects on it, compressors - I do not like how they works at all, eq also is not top notch, buss compressor is absolutley awfull like and MClass devices. I think PH spend a lot of money and affords to create and maintain that Extantion system and do not pay enough attention to vital devices.Built in Synths also are far behind top quality ones. Also I do not like that framed UI. For me Reason was cool when it was 2,5, its gesign was absolutley Perfect! I still have cracked version of it installed, it was simple and it was awaysome. Other versions of Reason become complex and complex and complex. First concepton of Reason do not assumed so dramatic updates and changes so PH had to generate tricks any time to addopt it to current market demand, and it turns into really havy complex mutant with intermediate quality devices.
finally this tread is back on right track ! but I still don't understand why you buy or upgrade in above conditions. there is nothing wrong with reason unless you lack creativity at this moment. I use 3 DAW's for one project. bitwig for audio edit, reason for sound designing and sound rendering FL for use FX, automation, mixing and arrangement. that's better and very interested to working in 3 deferent environments. and it helps generate creative ideas also. but your excuses are very unfair. looks like you hate reason. i can say you can't work with SO3 with that mind. I'm sure because once i did that when I'm using reason essentials. after that i upgrade my reason to 8 again.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

samardac

02 Jul 2016

altron wrote:
In part I agree with you. I felt that the latest upgrade was a lazy one. There isn't all that much new that appeals to me. It does me wonder that PH doesn't seem to notice that the midi sequencer and audio tracks are in serious need of improvement. Even now in Reason 9 throwing in note splitting and calling it a new feature is almost a slap in the face. Feature-wise the sequencer lags extremely behind other DAWs and I doubt I will use that new audio-pitch feature a lot.

But I value stability more than anything in a DAW and so I stick with Reason because, honestly, any other DAW crashes at some time during my creative phase and there are some essential things that PH really got right in Reason (compares with audio editing in Cubase ... yuck!). I upgraded to v9 to support PH in hope that they will improve Reason in the future. Because I'd hate to see Reason going down the drain. I'm not using instruments in Reason that much and instead use h/w synths & guitar/bass. I do use effects in Reason a lot though and there are some really great ones. I'm not sure what you mean by 'framed UI' but I like Reason's skeuomorphic UI paradigm and the rack format. In fact it has a HUGE appeal to me! Can't complain about the mixer. It does the job OK for me.

But PH need to get their act together! Reason 8 and 9 DSP performance sucks immensely on Mac OSX!
I also so damn love Rack paradigm and CV conception and only this thing keep me next to Reason and at the same time thins thing make me angry because it has nice Rack but unfortunatley it is the only advantage for me.
More than half of the last ear I do not made music at all, I spend it in learning things, I compared a lot of synths and effects, I wanted to understand what makes synths and effects sounds different, appart from that PR and kids screams about must have synths. I made my own investigation. And I do not compare sytnhs by comparing different factory pressets, I started from base from very begining of creating sound to be precise and objective. The same thing I did with effects. And what I can say from my experience, built in synths and fx in Reason unfortunatley are not top quality. The only effect I found unicue and cool is Screamer also Matrix is really awaysome and unicue. When I started creating music I can not understood why Reason 2,5 can not produce the same quality sound as Cubase with VST, now I understood... after 12 years :)))) I hade to make my investigation at least 5 years ago, but I was so passionated in creating music so I do not even think of it and was complitley inside public opinion, PR and other bullshit.
You know I work on Windows and I practically never have problem with DAW crashing at least on Studio One and Cubase. Everything works smooth.
Last edited by samardac on 02 Jul 2016, edited 2 times in total.

samardac

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
finally this tread is back on right track ! but I still don't understand why you buy or upgrade in above conditions. there is nothing wrong with reason unless you lack creativity at this moment. I use 3 DAW's for one project. bitwig for audio edit, reason for sound designing and sound rendering FL for use FX, automation, mixing and arrangement. that's better and very interested to working in 3 deferent environments. and it helps generate creative ideas also. but your excuses are very unfair. looks like you hate reason. i can say you can't work with SO3 with that mind. I'm sure because once i did that when I'm using reason essentials. after that i upgrade my reason to 8 again.
I bought Reason because It was my first love and I thought it will make inspiring effect on me like it was a lot of years ago. I bought version 6 on KVR, and updated to 8 and got 9 for free.
And now after painstaking analyse I can consider that it is not Reason it was before and Myself also changed, so it have no any effect I waiting from it and plus quality of diveces is not the same level I used to.
I spend so damn a lot of time digint in to Reason to understood I need it or not, I even bought Primal Audio Filters(Awasome effects), I bought Rob Papen Vecto I thought it will replace my Wavestation(unfortunatley it is far behind WS but it can sounds exactly like Predator and it is advantage), I bought Rob Papen Punch, not bad instrument. And I understood I have to buy damn a lot of other stuff to have quality effects I used to.
So I decide to not spend time on it anymore, no reason.

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
I bought Reason because It was my first love and I thought it will make inspiring effect on me like it was a lot of years ago. I bought version 6 on KVR, and updated to 8 and got 9 for free.
And now after painstaking analyse I can consider that it is not Reason it was before and Myself also changed, so it have no any effect I waiting from it and plus quality of diveces is not the same level I used to.
I spend so damn a lot of time digint in to Reason to understood I need it or not, I even bought Primal Audio Filters(Awasome effects), I bought Rob Papen Vecto I thought it will replace my Wavestation(unfortunatley it is far behind WS but it can sounds exactly like Predator and it is advantage), I bought Rob Papen Punch, not bad instrument. And I understood I have to buy damn a lot of other stuff to have quality effects I used to.
So I decide to not spend time on it anymore, no reason.
okay. I can understand what is your situation. I suggest go to FL Studio "The fastest way from your brain to your speakers" you can use reason sounds via Rewire. use both together and make some creative stuff. I'm also dislike R9 upgrade but don't throw reason for 299. it's worth more than that. once I regret for buy SO2 coz I don't like SO3 arranger clip colors and GUI. and I try to sell it. but now I think to wait until SO4. coz I can't buy again for that price....
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

samardac

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
okay. I can understand what is your situation. I suggest go to FL Studio "The fastest way from your brain to your speakers" you can use reason sounds via Rewire. use both together and make some creative stuff. I'm also dislike R9 upgrade but don't throw reason for 299. it's worth more than that. once I regret for buy SO2 coz I don't like SO3 arranger clip colors and GUI. and I try to sell it. but now I think to wait until SO4. coz I can't buy again for that price....
I used to SO3 so no need to go outside it for now. About FL studio, you know about in 1998-99 I made my first 10 or so tracks, I still have tape cassette with that tracks and I used cracked Fruity loops if I am not wrong version 2,5 or so. I found it on one pirate CD that accidentaly gave me friend. I remember that endless rapture when I first time draw bits in F.L. and they sounds, it was amazing!!! Next rapture was when I learned that it is possible to sample what ever you like, it was real revolution in my mind... I had no PC and I have to go to my friends to make music in one day to one in other to another. I had schedule and waited that days with big passion! To not loose time I draw playlists using big sheets with the boxes staying at home. I had in mind all instruments and created playlists on paper with them :) Funy time was, I was about 16-17 years old!!!!
Last edited by samardac on 02 Jul 2016, edited 7 times in total.

jfrichards

02 Jul 2016

altron wrote:... Do you mean we have to accept this state of affairs? Or is it OK to express our displeasure? I know, one voice in a million won't be heard but I just can't be a hypocrite or ignorant. ;)
We should never accept the corporate stranglehold on music! That's a component of why we gravitate to Reason. Thinking musicians have always bucked the system, even when it's difficult. The corporations want you to drool over Katy Perry's boobs and buy her new CD, not explore new channels of music that tap into new worlds.

samardac

13 Jul 2016

I just sold Reason 9 for 250 usd and it was not very easy task. I thought it it would be easy...

KEVMOVE02

13 Jul 2016

After all the rhetoric, has anyone made an offer to buy? Is it not okay to change interests and invest your time and energy in a new endeavor? I used to love rollerblading. I used to love bowling. When I lost interest and moved onto something else, I sold off all the stuff I bought in support of my distraction. I could of held onto everything, in the hopes that my interest renewed, but that would merely be wishful thinking. To the OP: enjoy your next adventure as you pursue your passions.

dagwood

13 Jul 2016

jfrichards wrote:The corporations want you to drool over Katy Perry's boobs and buy her new CD, not explore new channels of music that tap into new worlds.
This is a common misconception which holds little truth. In actuality, the corporations want you to drool over Katy Perry's boobs, buy her new CD, as well as explore new channels of music that tap into new worlds. Why? Because they all contribute to more sales for said companies.

And by the way, Katy Perry has a nice set of boobs. And I say that as a women.

Marco Raaphorst

13 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:Thanks guys for your support, it helps me to understood what is going on.
I have some more things that I want to shard with you.
Remeber in 90s how it was, how hard was to program hardware sequencers, or program TB 303, or sample some stuff into sampler and than tweak it, how much hardware costs and how much skils you haveto have to handle all that stuff. And at that time we have really awaysome masterpices of electronic music, real icons. People created real stuff, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Juno Reactor, Astral Projection and many, many others...
But what we have now? How much skills you have to have to produce electronic music now? I think even 13 years old kid can make electronic music now, just a couple of tutors etc... How mych money you have to spend on you equipment? Sometimes nothing...
How much true electronic gurus we have now? I do not know any new names that produce real stuff not that copy/past primitive music.
When electronic music just appears there was no genres in current sence and so much cool ideas was generated, so original. Now there is music genres and if you want to be smart ass you have to follow them, but they are so primitive and looks like one big song with little variations, some times you can not distinguish one track from another...
So much stuff that is make me finish my music career. This avatar I made 11 years ago and even at that time thing was much more better :)
You can limit yourself. Start making a track with a couple of Subtractors for example. Music will continue forever and ever. Its up to our imagination. But I totally respect anyone who doesn't feel inspired anymore. If things are clear all the best to you!

samardac

14 Jul 2016

KEVMOVE02 wrote:After all the rhetoric, has anyone made an offer to buy? Is it not okay to change interests and invest your time and energy in a new endeavor? I used to love rollerblading. I used to love bowling. When I lost interest and moved onto something else, I sold off all the stuff I bought in support of my distraction. I could of held onto everything, in the hopes that my interest renewed, but that would merely be wishful thinking. To the OP: enjoy your next adventure as you pursue your passions.
Thanks! Generally I do something like this :)

8cros

14 Jul 2016

samardac wrote: Thanks! Generally I do something like this :)
Now you do not use Reason. And your avatar is looking at you in bewilderment. :mrgreen:
You do not accidentally sold Reason, in order to register a free trial every month? :D
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

samardac

14 Jul 2016

8cros wrote:
samardac wrote: Thanks! Generally I do something like this :)
Now you do not use Reason. And your avatar is looking at you in bewilderment. :mrgreen:
You do not accidentally sold Reason, in order to register a free trial every month? :D
It is impossible to register free trial every month without reinstalling system.
I continue to use Reason 3.0 so avatar is appropriate.

8cros

14 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:It is impossible to register free trial every month without reinstalling system.
I think this question is open. :lol:
samardac wrote:I continue to use Reason 3.0 so avatar is appropriate.
:thumbs_up:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

samardac

14 Jul 2016

I think this question is open. :lol:
I had demo and it was expired. So looks like for one account you can not use more than 1 demo of the same version.
But looks like you can register every month new account and try, try, try :lol:
But demo can not save if I am not wrong. So no reason at all :))

• Information