Blown Away by the Players

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRIFTY

03 Jul 2016

Am i the only one who is just getting brain wrecked by the expressiveness of these player devices???? with a bit of creativity you can come up with some of the most insane, full sounding songs/loops/ideas within seconds! right now i'm working with a chord player stacked on top of a dual arpeggio stacked on top of TWO note echoes. pressing one key ends up in a VERY crazy and beautiful song on Radical Keys..... just gorgeous. Some crazy stuff coming out of me with these devices....

Gulale

03 Jul 2016

Hihihihihhihi Happy for you bro! hihihihi
Gulale aka Bereket

samardac

03 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:Am i the only one who is just getting brain wrecked by the expressiveness of these player devices???? with a bit of creativity you can come up with some of the most insane, full sounding songs/loops/ideas within seconds! right now i'm working with a chord player stacked on top of a dual arpeggio stacked on top of TWO note echoes. pressing one key ends up in a VERY crazy and beautiful song on Radical Keys..... just gorgeous. Some crazy stuff coming out of me with these devices....
You can use some construction kits, no need to use even ONE key!

GRIFTY

03 Jul 2016

you cynical bastards need to give it a try. they're seriously awesome. bending and manipulating MIDI so quickly and intuitively is a blast, and allows quick and creative stuff to just pour out of you...

i'll admit, i am no key player. i'm a drummer. so i suppose i'm the key target for these devices, but i implore you guys to give it a try and loosen the f**** up about R9

kuhliloach

03 Jul 2016

I was skeptical when Players were announced. I must fully agree with Grifty here, a fellow drummer. The Players in Reason 9 are delightful and very surprising. I would have bought Reason 9 even without the Players so I'm glad they are so deeply creative and musical.

samardac

03 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:you cynical bastards need to give it a try. they're seriously awesome. bending and manipulating MIDI so quickly and intuitively is a blast, and allows quick and creative stuff to just pour out of you...

i'll admit, i am no key player. i'm a drummer. so i suppose i'm the key target for these devices, but i implore you guys to give it a try and loosen the f**** up about R9
Take it easy man, you speak too much.
I got R9 when it was relesed. And I tried this kind of effects a couple of years ago on VST, so pleas filter you words.
If you could not make cool melodies before it is less possible that you will make them now...

8cros

03 Jul 2016

I did an interesting game with the players. In the beta version ... I can not share them because it is time I pull, not updated, and use the demo version.

Echo and arpeggios - perfect. They are the highest standard. It must be noted. IMHO

Chords, a difficult topic to discuss. Many talk about sus chords. What is the reason? It is necessary for musical expression. Note that it is not exactly in these chords. And not even in specific chords, they just create tension. The main problem is the contrast.

Coloring/Alteration and do not give this effect.
Playing with the players it was very difficult to do "call and response". I always get the "call", in one form or another. Alteration is not a direct "response".
Colorig too. I did not have fun. I think you can get it at a long-term work with this player. But I did not have time during the test, I would like to hear a "call and response" in the examples of players users.

Please, share your basic harmonies.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Rickyd Dee

03 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:Am i the only one who is just getting brain wrecked by the expressiveness of these player devices???? with a bit of creativity you can come up with some of the most insane, full sounding songs/loops/ideas within seconds! right now i'm working with a chord player stacked on top of a dual arpeggio stacked on top of TWO note echoes. pressing one key ends up in a VERY crazy and beautiful song on Radical Keys..... just gorgeous. Some crazy stuff coming out of me with these devices....
Same here bro. :puf_bigsmile:
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

clone

03 Jul 2016

Bought the upgrade yesterday and loaded this morning. I was messing with them for the first time, until my 5 year old came and took over. I will just have to wait till tomorrow morning and get aquatinted with reason 9.

Abstrax

03 Jul 2016

I too was skeptical of the players at first but I'm loving them. They're most effective when you stay as far away from the tempo sync as possible. We can stack a lot of them, as long as the last 1 is a scale device with the scale filter on. As long as its in the key of your song, it will sound pretty good.

What we absolutely need are CVs. If anything a CV input for the Note echo's delay time would add more swing/life into these devices. Why are there no CVs with these??

The Tone Ranger

04 Jul 2016

The only disappointment I have with the players so far is I can't use Scales & Chords with RPG-8. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can't use the players on some devices that use midi keyboard input.

dana

04 Jul 2016

The Tone Ranger wrote:The only disappointment I have with the players so far is I can't use Scales & Chords with RPG-8. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can't use the players on some devices that use midi keyboard input.
You can, just put the players outside a combinator and put the rpg-8 inside and link it to the instrument you want. The in main combinator panel you can select what instruments you wish to receive the midi data from the players (in this case just the rpg-8).

dana

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote: Take it easy man, you speak too much.
I got R9 when it was relesed. And I tried this kind of effects a couple of years ago on VST, so pleas filter you words.
If you could not make cool melodies before it is less possible that you will make them now...
No, you are just trolling because you're selling your Reason 9 license! :lol:

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/schwarzonator/

https://www.xferrecords.com/products/cthulhu

I think propellerheads products are far more professional, usable and dynamic, but thats only my opinion.

samardac

04 Jul 2016

dana wrote:
samardac wrote: Take it easy man, you speak too much.
No, you are just trolling because you're selling your Reason 9 license! :lol:

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/schwarzonator/

https://www.xferrecords.com/products/cthulhu

I think propellerheads products are far more professional, usable and dynamic, but thats only my opinion.
Yes, I was joking... It is funy for me to see that blast of emotions, that make people think that now they are supermen and can make something new, original and unicue but at the end we will have the same stuff that was made 10, 20 and 30... years ago :D
But that stuff was made by people that was not so lazy and could not wait until Reason will realeas these plugins, they was obsessed and did it from scratch. Now we have good excuse like - "I am a drummer" so I can not draw notes and do not know what is it chords and arpegios :D You are not a drummer, you are just NOT CREATIVE AT ALL and what is more - you are damn LAZY.. I do not understood why people who cannot draw or play some chords or arpegio try to make music and think they are musicians? Guys you are not musicians you are just ordinary cheaters.
I am not a drummer and not a piano man, but I managed to create that stuff by drawing notes and chords and playing step by step on my keyboard, I even learned basic of music theory...
And you guys are just lazy kids that are happy to use these crutches hoping that machine will make all work for you and you will just press on key and will be blown away... I think Reason 20 will have only one button - Blow Away! An all lamers will be happy and PH will become the biggest corporation.
Reason made these tools only with one aim to earn more money by getting new customers that are not musicians at all - real lamers...

I can add some more VST to your list like - Nora, Codefn42, Kirnu, etc... there are a lot of them but music do not become better...

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

In gaming we have these discussions every now and then when certain mechanics get "nerfed" or the difficulty level gets adjusted down. There's always a group of 31337 gamers that complain about this. It's almost as if you are not allowed to enjoy "their" game. As if giving someone else a leg up diminishes their previous achievement. IMHO they seem to be forgetting what playing a game is about.

If someone is happy from using the players, then that's what matters most to me. Happiness! Because I know how that feels. If you can enjoy your music with the help of players then please do.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

samardac

04 Jul 2016

eauhm wrote:In gaming we have these discussions every now and then when certain mechanics get "nerfed" or the difficulty level gets adjusted down. There's always a group of 31337 gamers that complain about this. It's almost as if you are not allowed to enjoy "their" game. As if giving someone else a leg up diminishes their previous achievement. IMHO they seem to be forgetting what playing a game is about.

If someone is happy from using the players, then that's what matters most to me. Happiness! Because I know how that feels. If you can enjoy your music with the help of players then please do.
Hay lets analise things, what you do:
1. Add players
2. Click some buttons on it
3. Press key on keybprad
4. HAPPINES!!!!

I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy?
You did absolutley primitive things just clickking some pixels, to be honest YOU DID NOTHING! Everybody can do it even 10 years old kid.
So what is good in things like these? Cheap, fake happines? Ok, if you are monkey that are happy from looking for lices, "then please do" just stay happy, because you know how it feels! This is what I get from your post...

I think I have to repeat:
I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy???

Electric-Metal

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy???
Ok, the players are not for you and we all have noticed this now. But that's no reason to insult people who like them for what they are:
>>>useful tools<<<
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
eauhm wrote:In gaming we have these discussions every now and then when certain mechanics get "nerfed" or the difficulty level gets adjusted down. There's always a group of 31337 gamers that complain about this. It's almost as if you are not allowed to enjoy "their" game. As if giving someone else a leg up diminishes their previous achievement. IMHO they seem to be forgetting what playing a game is about.

1. Add players
3. Press key on keybprad
4. HAPPINES!!!!

I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy?
You did absolutley primitive things just clickking some pixels, to be honest YOU DID NOTHING! Everybody can do it even 10 years old kid.
So what is good in things like these? Cheap, fake happines? Ok, if you are monkey that are happy from looking for lices, "then please do" just stay happy, because you know how it feels! This is what I get from your post...

I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy???
I'm aware if my intelligence level. I hope you don't mind if i keep you wandering :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:
samardac wrote:I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy???
Ok, the players are not for you and we all have noticed this now. But that's no reason to insult people who like them for what they are:
>>>useful tools<<<

I wrote this track using the players, my goal was to create a track that did not sound like it was made with players, might not be in everyone's taste, but I think it is creative (I must add I think I have done tracks in the past I bet if I release them people would be asking if I did use the players to create them, hmmm)

(for the drummers on this thread, don't listen to the drums to much, that's my weak point LOL )

Players = Useful tools = Creative.

samardac

04 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
I wrote this track using the players, my goal was to create a track that did not sound like it was made with players, might not be in everyone's taste, but I think it is creative (I must add I think I have done tracks in the past I bet if I release them people would be asking if I did use the players to create them, hmmm)

(for the drummers on this thread, don't listen to the drums to much, that's my weak point LOL )

Man I listened to it, what do You think, about this music you made?
I think Jean Michel Jarre in 70s was millions times more creative than you with these players.
You could do that music frelly without any players and I hardly can call it crative...
Man I do not have anything against you may be you beginer or so, I just explain my opinion and do not want to hurt you, peace!

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Man I listened to it, what do You think, about this music you made?
I think Jean Michel Jarre in 70s was millions times more creative than you with these players.
You could do that music frelly without any players and I hardly can call it crative...
Man I do not have anything against you may be you beginer or so, I just explain my opinion and do not want to hurt you, peace!
Samardac, You are getting incredibly close to trolling, which isn't allowed here.
Instead of telling others what they are not, how about setting a great example instead ?

jfrichards

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:...I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy?
The moderators must be sleeping or on vacation.

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

jfrichards wrote:
samardac wrote:...I just wander how low intelligence level you must have to make this primitive things make you happy?
The moderators must be sleeping or on vacation.
Thanks, i'm not sleeping ;) He responded to me and I'm not easily insulted, thats all. That doesn't mean he can continue like that as i allready mentioned earlier.

samardac

04 Jul 2016

eauhm wrote: Samardac, You are getting incredibly close to trolling, which isn't allowed here.
Instead of telling others what they are not, how about setting a great example instead ?
He posted track here I gave my thoughts about it, what is wrong? Than why he posted it here? Or here allowed only positive feedbacks? I do not understood, if track is absolutley ordinary one, what I have to say? Something like - Cool man keep on, nice tune? Hm...

clone

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:

1. Add players
3. Press key on keybprad
4. HAPPINES!!!!

I just added a player for the first time..now I'm feeling instant HAPPINESS! Thank you Reason 9 :P

• Information