Blown Away by the Players

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
8cros

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
I wrote this track using the players, my goal was to create a track that did not sound like it was made with players, might not be in everyone's taste, but I think it is creative (I must add I think I have done tracks in the past I bet if I release them people would be asking if I did use the players to create them, hmmm)

(for the drummers on this thread, don't listen to the drums to much, that's my weak point LOL )

Players = Useful tools = Creative.
Man I listened to it, what do You think, about this music you made?
I think Jean Michel Jarre in 70s was millions times more creative than you with these players.
You could do that music frelly without any players and I hardly can call it crative...
Man I do not have anything against you may be you beginer or so, I just explain my opinion and do not want to hurt you, peace!
I heard your track made in 2005 on R2.5.
I understand you of course. It's been 11 years, and track Carly (Poohbear) sounds like your 11 years ago.
Players is only a theory - "modern active learning system". This is not the whole theory. This is a very small part of the theory.
But you are afraid of a 13 year old student with a player in hands. As if it were a machine gun. :puf_unhappy:
Last edited by 8cros on 04 Jul 2016, edited 3 times in total.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
eauhm wrote: Samardac, You are getting incredibly close to trolling, which isn't allowed here.
Instead of telling others what they are not, how about setting a great example instead ?
He posted track here I gave my thoughts about it, what is wrong? Than why he posted it here? Or here allowed only positive feedbacks? I do not understood, if track is absolutley ordinary one, what I have to say? Something like - Cool man keep on, nice tune? Hm...
You know full well what you are implying, to me earlier and to Carly(Poohbear). It doesn't fly here. I suggest you moderate your tone or find another forum.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

boobytrap

04 Jul 2016

Well actually I don’t hate any of these players at all. Even if they not fit in to my needs. Its better PH make something new and creative. Technically These players are creative. But scales and chords are most important and it’s a huge theory. Most of beginners always struggling with music theory and always try to find shortcuts. Me too. I start my music career several years ago. There is no time to learn for the beginning. I use piano chord book for all the time. But the player is very small part of music theory. As I always said it’s very limited. I heard beautiful trance anthems making by this player. But that’s it. The demo that they show is the maximum effort of player.
PH introduce 3 players and it’s good. Unlike other DAW’s reason is a Moderate to advance program. Most of CV knowledgeable pors use reason not like even FL or Ableton. But the problem is what they try to convince us. They are overreacting about this.

This is example about note echo..
It’s kinda awesome player. And it’s capable to make many creative things. But the name doesn’t fit with the player.
Echo.jpg
Echo.jpg (55.55 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
technically echo is a reflection of sound that arrives at the listener with a delay after the direct sound. The delay is proportional to the distance of the reflecting surface from the source and the listener. A true echo is a single reflection of the sound source. but they mention about something magic happen when you pressing a note. that is not a magic. that player is a technically a gated ARP by semitones. it's kinda arpeggiator. we aren't that dumb to understand the deference between arpeggiation and Echo.

I admit this upgrade is more than worth for 129$. PH try to pump this upgrade more than it's actual size. I read many reviews about R9, notable amount of people dislike this act, not like previous upgrades. I get hurt what others blame and make about reason in youtube or free style sites. that's the problem. if someone show one of there fault or bug, after that he get TROLL label.
Last edited by boobytrap on 04 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
I wrote this track using the players, my goal was to create a track that did not sound like it was made with players, might not be in everyone's taste, but I think it is creative (I must add I think I have done tracks in the past I bet if I release them people would be asking if I did use the players to create them, hmmm)

(for the drummers on this thread, don't listen to the drums to much, that's my weak point LOL )

Players = Useful tools = Creative.
Man I listened to it, what do You think, about this music you made?
I think Jean Michel Jarre in 70s was millions times more creative than you with these players.
You could do that music frelly without any players and I hardly can call it crative...
Man I do not have anything against you may be you beginer or so, I just explain my opinion and do not want to hurt you, peace!

I think the track I made is creative, there was nothing, now there is a track, that is creative, during that process I tried to make the players not sound like players.
JMJ is in my top ten, was lucky to see him at the docklands, oh dear, JMJ has used and uses arpeggiators, so in your book he is not creative.
You don't understand what creative is, you are mixing up your personal opinion of likes and dislikes.
Your opinion can never hurt me so don't worry about that..

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Jul 2016

Here's a thing made with one arpeggiator:

samardac

04 Jul 2016

8cros wrote: I heard your track made in 2005 on R2.5.
I understand you of course. It's been 11 years, and track Carly (Poohbear) sounds like your 11 years ago.
Players is only a theory - "modern active learning system". This is not the whole theory. This is a very small part of the theory.
But you are afraid of a 13 year old student with a player in hands. As if it were a machine gun. :puf_unhappy:
Where did you manged to listem my old tracks on reasonmusic? Oh, I just downloaded them and listened, great nostalgy :)

8cros

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
8cros wrote: I heard your track made in 2005 on R2.5.
Where did you manged to listem my old tracks on reasonmusic? Oh, I just downloaded them and listened, great nostalgy :)
Yes, great sound.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Gorgon

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote: He posted track here I gave my thoughts about it, what is wrong? Than why he posted it here? Or here allowed only positive feedbacks? I do not understood, if track is absolutley ordinary one, what I have to say? Something like - Cool man keep on, nice tune? Hm...
Dude really, if you start bringing up Jean Michelle Jarre to give an opinion on a track that somebody made on some website using some software, you're either trolling or a total idiot.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

samardac

04 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: I think the track I made is creative, there was nothing, now there is a track, that is creative, during that process I tried to make the players not sound like players.
JMJ is in my top ten, was lucky to see him at the docklands, oh dear, JMJ has used and uses arpeggiators, so in your book he is not creative.
You don't understand what creative is, you are mixing up your personal opinion of likes and dislikes.
Your opinion can never hurt me so don't worry about that..
Man your sound remind me JMJ that is why I mentioned him. In my book JMJ is absolutley creative not because he used or not used arpegios but first of all because he creaded awaysome music that was absolutley break through for a long time.
You made some track and from the start consider that you made something creative, well what I can say...
I made music for a long time and I still do not consider that I made anything creative... 90% of what I made was emitation or reproduction of tracks that inspired me, but trully creative I was one or two times.

samardac

04 Jul 2016

Gorgon wrote:
samardac wrote: He posted track here I gave my thoughts about it, what is wrong? Than why he posted it here? Or here allowed only positive feedbacks? I do not understood, if track is absolutley ordinary one, what I have to say? Something like - Cool man keep on, nice tune? Hm...
Dude really, if you start bringing up Jean Michelle Jarre to give an opinion on a track that somebody made on some website using some software, you're either trolling or a total idiot.
Using your words, looks like you are idiot or just troll that want just put his 5 cents.
Man said he created creative track, that reminded me JMJ and I tell him that even in 70s was true musicians that was much more creative, what is wrong with this? If somebody said he is creative he must prove it but how can you argue if not using comparison with real etalons of creativity?

Gorgon

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote: Using your words, looks like you are idiot or just troll that want just put his 5 cents.
Man said he created creative track, that reminded me JMJ and I tell him that even in 70s was true musicians that was much more creative, what is wrong with this? If somebody said he is creative he must prove it but how can you argue if not using comparison with real etalons of creativity?
Ohhh you got a problem with my TWO cents? I guess you only like posts that agree with you.

Anyway, besides your extremely bad English, why do you need to compare something that someone made on his computer to the work of a synthesizer god?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:If somebody said he is creative he must prove it...
samardac wrote:...but trully creative I was one or two times.
Why won't you stop intriguing us all and show us your creations? So that we take our hats off and pay you honor.

samardac

04 Jul 2016

orthodox wrote:
Why won't you stop intriguing us all and show us your creations? So that we take our hats off and pay you honor.
No problem this is one of couple of my tracks that I consider I made something creative, something that was my for 99%, I did not emitate or repeat anybody, I just follow my way...
Video also directed by me.

Gorgon

04 Jul 2016

samardac wrote:
orthodox wrote:
No problem this is one of couple of my tracks that I consider I made something creative, something that was my for 99%, I did not emitate or repeat anybody, I just follow my way...
Video also directed by me.
This is obviously complete shit. Who are you trying to imitate? Ultravox? Years in the future from Ultravox and you come up with this hippity bippity crap. I don't believe it. You think you're a director because you can hold a camera and operate Microsoft Movies?

Olivier

04 Jul 2016

I've had enough of this. Retaliations are also not ok. This thread is locked.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information