Audio Export Problems

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sncold

27 Jul 2016

Hello, friends!

I am new to these boards, and I'm also quite new to Reason and audio production in general. I am an aspiring musician who doesn't have the funds to pay for studio time, so I'm attempting to create the music I want to make on my own. So a while ago I purchased Reason because I liked the MIDI sounds it came with, and I planned on using them with some Wind Controllers that I own and my MIDI keyboard as well.

I am now at the point where I have finished an entire new piece that I absolutely love using mostly MIDI sounds, plus a couple of audio tracks. However when I went to export the song to a .wav file, the playback is horrendous. It's extremely thin, and it sounds WAY more compressed than it should (even though obviously I should expect some compression). Pretty much every sound seems to be buried, so you can't really hear a lot of what is going on like you can when playing it within Reason. I've looked around everywhere and asked several people about the issue, and I just don't know enough about a lot of the technology to fully understand what I need to do. I read this entire thread as well, which seems to be a similar issue to what I'm having: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7491447. This thread led me to believe that it was an audio driver issue, but I'm still not sure if that's the case. And if it is, I don't know what to do about it!

I'm using Reason 6.5.3, and I was using an ASIO Driver while recording, but my computer won't use that to play the files back (so I guess it also didn't use that driver to export?), so I'm assuming that's why it sounds so poor. Would my only hope be to create the track with the standard audio driver to make it sound decent, or is there something else I could try? All of the sounds are so much different when I don't use the ASIO, so I'd really like to have a .wav file that has that same quality. I just don't know if it's possible!

Like I said, I'm very new to this production side of music, and I'm very excited yet very frustrated. If anyone has any ideas, information, or anything else really, I would be extraordinarily appreciative. I'm trying my best to research everything on my own, and I just keep coming across more things I don't understand, so I'm hoping someone can provide some simpler explanations--or at least point me in the proper direction!

Thank you!

sncold

27 Jul 2016

Wow, nevermind guys! I fixed it! Turns out this was the issue here:

http://technicallyeasy.net/2010/09/how- ... windows-7/

The audio driver has enhancements that I didn't know existed, so I had to disable them! My exported files sound perfect now! Sorry for the irrelevant thread, but I hope this helps some other people!

AttenuationHz

28 Jul 2016

you my also want to try ASIO4All it turns your on-board soundcard into an ASIO driver
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information