VR Music Making

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bloma

10 Aug 2016

I had absolutely no intention of writing about Reason VR, but it somehow happened.

I was thinking of how you can randomize patterns with the matrix, and I thought it would be cool if you could double click and hold a key to create a randomized midi clip into your song, and just keep creating them until you find a good one. What if you could turn your cursor into a drill and drill beats into little coloured clips? It's like you're on a construction site in a neon lit cyber world.

Holy shit, imagine Reason VR where you could pick up clips and move them around like furniture, they could be purple furry creatures that sing out your riffs, you could tickle a fluffy pink little bastard and it'd sing whatever you imagined in your head at that second because the game reads your mind in a similar fashion to Metal Gear Solid reading your game saves.

This place looks a bit like Tron, and you could program it to look like various different scenes. You could even use Reason how you normally do, while in VR, but it projects an environment around you. You're in the middle of a mysterious forest. On the edge of a cliff. Inside a glass aeroplane. Flying in a fighter jet. Using reason whilst being shot at in a dogfight. Drifting through space. The vibe would be insane to make music to.

The midi keyboard would exist in the game as well. You could conjure up a theremin and change its sounds on the fly. Just wave your arm and surf through. You could fight with a samari and have it make music to your body movements, and react to the combat in real time. Like, the swords hit and the filter opens.

Stranger.

10 Aug 2016

I had many thoughts on this.. maybe 1 day you can come 'visit' my mindspace.
Voice control and gestures is where it's @ now.
The 'official' music programme that really adopts this tech,will open new ways for playerz to interact+perform.
I quite like the design of microsofts launch-pretty sleek imo.More on the market now.
https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

3D audio has an environment that can be created,and shaped in minute detail--not just usual noise absorbed by default (realtime analog,birds,people,cars,etc.)
Which daw will win this newer war...lol.
These are the newer tinhats,that some will wear. :thumbs_up:

AttenuationHz

10 Aug 2016

I had the same thought when VR was getting popular. I not the only one yay!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Bloma

11 Aug 2016

Stranger. wrote:I had many thoughts on this.. maybe 1 day you can come 'visit' my mindspace.
Voice control and gestures is where it's @ now.
The 'official' music programme that really adopts this tech,will open new ways for playerz to interact+perform.
I quite like the design of microsofts launch-pretty sleek imo.More on the market now.
https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

3D audio has an environment that can be created,and shaped in minute detail--not just usual noise absorbed by default (realtime analog,birds,people,cars,etc.)
Which daw will win this newer war...lol.
These are the newer tinhats,that some will wear. :thumbs_up:
Yeah! I like that about 'come visit my mindspace.'

• Information