Please help me approximate this vocal effect

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
hollyn

15 Aug 2016

I'm reaching for a lead effect that is not overtly reverb-y but has a pronounced short delay tail; in the ballpark of Low's Kindly Blessed --

I've tried the DDL on its own as well as with reverb (settings below). It's just not happening.

Thanks!

RV7000 MkII ALL 1st Plate
Decay: 53
HF Damp: 28
Hi EQ: 63
Dry/Wet: 36

With

DDL-1
10 ms
1/16
Pan: 0
Dry/Wet: 127

AttenuationHz

16 Aug 2016

Not entirely sure you will get the exact sound as the mics recording the vocal have a roll to play. You could try pre fader an aux send as an insert on the original vocal and route the return to a new mix channel balance the dry vocal and the fully wet reverb returned mix channel. Just don't apply the same aux fx to the returned mix channel as it will feedback into itself.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

hollyn

16 Aug 2016

Good tip. Thanks, Attenuation Hz.

selig
RE Developer

16 Aug 2016

I'm hearing a medium to short room sound with a bit of pre-delay (50-100 ms range?). Not sure I'd start with a plate…
Try this as a starting point, and be sure to try the four different Room Shape options. Also note the affect of Size vs Decay. Size can affect the initial sound, while Decay will more affect the tail. You may have to go back and forth adjusting the two before you find the best combination. Also be aware that the overall amount (send level) of the effect may greatly influence the end effect, so be sure to check send levels (try louder, then softer) from time to time as you adjust the actual reverb parameters.
Selig Audio, LLC

hollyn

16 Aug 2016

Thanks, Giles! I'm working on it. :)

• Information