POLL: Do You Rate the REs That You Try/Buy?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Do You Rate the REs That You Try/Buy?

YES - All the time
6%
YES - Most of the time
21%
YES - About half of the time
6%
YES - A few times
25%
YES - Once or twice
10%
NEVER
33%

Total votes: 52
stratatonic

01 Sep 2016

Inspired by Joeyluck's correct math on the rating of the new RE eXpanse, I created a poll wondering how many here take the time to rate the REs they Try/Buy?

Peter

01 Sep 2016

I have a boatload of RE's but remember rating only a few of them and that was just out of five star excitement. The rating system is pretty much useless to me. I like to read thoughts and opinions rather than rely on a star rating system like a chimpanzee.

boobytrap

01 Sep 2016

it's never occurred to me
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Creativemind

01 Sep 2016

Nor me. You try - you like - you have the money - you buy!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

txh003

01 Sep 2016

I have never rated a RE because users can trial them and determine whether or not they are suitable for their needs.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

stratatonic

02 Sep 2016

Peter wrote:The rating system is pretty much useless to me. I like to read thoughts and opinions rather than rely on a star rating system like a chimpanzee.
Yeah having a link from each RE to a thread about that RE would allow for more insight than some stars. Even though you have a pretty generous demo deal imo to test it out, reading up on tips and tricks would could sway the purchase.
Too bad the Propellerhead Forum was killed.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2016

I rate REs sometimes, mostly stuff that I own and use all the time, so that means I usually give them 4 or 5, mostly 5. I just assume if I try out a product and don't like it it's not for me. That doesn't mean it's a bad product. I've tried REs that I didn't like that other people love and vice versa. It just seems wrong to drag a product or developer down because the RE wasn't intended for me.
Of course if it's buggy or doesn't do what it's supposed to do that's another thing.

As some have said before already, the rating system and other peoples opinions doesn't mean much when it comes to making music. It's all way too subjective for that and everybodys workflow and taste is different.

stratatonic

05 Sep 2016

yup..it was right...:)

I can't say that I'm totally surprised at the poll results so far.
I've heard before that only maybe 5% bother posting opinions on products...and I'm sure it's probably much less than that...I do end to check out folk's thoughts on products online from many sources before I buy anything, so I appreciate people taking the time to input their insights. But like was mentioned before, you can try an RE with no obligation...

dana

06 Sep 2016

I don't see the rating as important, its a guideline for the masses, like chart music top 10s its almost useless

• Information