Maximum Number of Racks?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jonheal

05 Sep 2016

Five?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Electric-Metal

05 Sep 2016

42 :mrgreen:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

VHS

05 Sep 2016

How many racks could Iraqs Rex wreck, if Iraqs Rex could wreck racks?

jonheal

05 Sep 2016

Never mind. I think it's six, but I don't care. I've got a pretty stretched out set of racks for my default template, but stretching it out by a few more racks isn't going to get me more convenience or organize the cables any better.

VHS

05 Sep 2016

I've never hit a limit, and I have some stupidly spread out projects.

Gorgon

05 Sep 2016

jonheal wrote:Never mind. I think it's six, but I don't care. I've got a pretty stretched out set of racks for my default template, but stretching it out by a few more racks isn't going to get me more convenience or organize the cables any better.
If you don't care, why do you ask. :P
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

jonheal

05 Sep 2016

I did care. Then I didn't care. Sometimes one changes one's mind.

jonheal

05 Sep 2016

VHS wrote:I've never hit a limit, and I have some stupidly spread out projects.
Hmm. Once I had six, when tried to move to yet another, I got this:
No.png
No.png (48.62 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
But like I said, I decided my horizontal expanse of racks, like that of my belly, is already sufficiently vast.

joeyluck

05 Sep 2016

It appears maybe you are trying to move the only thing from your 6th rack into the 7th? Which you can't do (can't have an empty rack between racks). Try creating an additional device and then dragging that into the a new rack. I haven't hit a limit...

joeyluck

05 Sep 2016

And this may or may not blow your mind... You can also add racks to the left of the Master section. That's where I keep my Send FX (rather than below the Master Section),

pushedbutton

05 Sep 2016

I've never been bored or determined enough to find out and I may never be.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:And this may or may not blow your mind... You can also add racks to the left of the Master section. That's where I keep my Send FX (rather than below the Master Section),
OMG so you can....

Got bored after creating 27 columns....

jonheal

05 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:It appears maybe you are trying to move the only thing from your 6th rack into the 7th? Which you can't do (can't have an empty rack between racks). Try creating an additional device and then dragging that into the a new rack. I haven't hit a limit...
I see.

Fretless Fingers

06 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:And this may or may not blow your mind... You can also add racks to the left of the Master section. That's where I keep my Send FX (rather than below the Master Section),
This is something I must have chosen to forget as I'm remembering i did that with a few Record projects. Even when you do know everything you probably forget something I guess :)
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

groggy1

07 Sep 2016

Thank you. My mind is blown.

MitchClark89

07 Sep 2016

mind blown. i did not even know you could add racks at all...... :oops: currently trying to find the shortcut for it!

edit: worked it out - you just drag a device across screen in the rack view and viola a new racky is created :mrgreen:
i love this site

mayzon

07 Sep 2016

Ahha, didn't know that, even after 8 years.... :D fantastic !

philosurfer

07 Sep 2016

I like that idea!

philosurfer

07 Sep 2016

im usually about 6-10 wide on every track... one for || drums, || drums 2, || bass, || leads, || pads, || vox, etc

Also I recommend titling your buss's with || (pipes) as it visually helps when you are looking at things. I use \\ for busses that route to other busses... and I use "<> sidechain" for my master sidechain bus title.

• Information