9.1 is here?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
8cros

14 Sep 2016

Maybe there is a way to fix the bug without disrupting existing projects?
So want corrected equalizer, vocoder and other minor bugs.
So long they are broken! :puf_unhappy:

I'm afraid to talk about bugs, because It decided to ignore it and do not speak openly. I put myself in danger, I could be in trouble.
Not everyone believes that there are bugs and find it trolling. :roll:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

dioxide

14 Sep 2016

8cros wrote:Maybe there is a way to fix the bug without disrupting existing projects?

I'm afraid to talk about bugs, because It decided to ignore it and do not speak openly. I put myself in danger, I could be in trouble.
Start a thread to discuss them. I will say that the stuff I've seen so far isn't enough to convince me. Getting any bugs out in the open is good as it means they can be reported and fixed, so don't hold back. There are bugs in Reason contrary to popular opinion, however the program is very stable and the bugs are mostly very minor.

EnochLight

14 Sep 2016

8cros wrote:Maybe there is a way to fix the bug without disrupting existing projects?

If you found bugs, please report these directly to Propellerhead. I'm sure they'll work to fix them if they deem them a show stopper:

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/c ... ame=Reason
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ProfessaKaos

14 Sep 2016

So this update just made the performance of Reason on my Windows 10 system worst again. The first Reason 9 version ran for 3 seconds less than Reason 8.3 with the stress test file, now the stress test file runs for 7 seconds less than the first version of Reason 9.
This really sucks balls.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

8cros

14 Sep 2016

dioxide wrote:

Start a thread to discuss them. I will say that the stuff I've seen so far isn't enough to convince me. Getting any bugs out in the open is good as it means they can be reported and fixed, so don't hold back. There are bugs in Reason contrary to popular opinion, however the program is very stable and the bugs are mostly very minor.
I contacted the tech support. And some of the errors were found exactly here and confirmed by multiple users.
The reply from support was that it will affect the old projects when bugs are fixes. Because bugs are now more than 10 years.
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

14 Sep 2016

8cros wrote:
dioxide wrote:

I contacted the tech support. And some of the errors were found exactly here and confirmed by multiple users.
The reply from support was that it will affect the old projects when bugs are fixes. Because bugs are now more than 10 years.
There you go, nothing dangerous about that process! You don't report bugs here btw, you get feedback from other users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

sinusfiction

14 Sep 2016

This is great news! Thank you Propellerhead! (and Ableton for developing the link-protocol!)
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

8cros

14 Sep 2016

selig wrote:
8cros wrote:
dioxide wrote:

There you go, nothing dangerous about that process! You don't report bugs here btw, you get feedback from other users.

I can give the link.
Errors:
MClass EQ
BV512
Thor
MClass compressor
And so on... :|
I have no other way, I have already written in support.
These errors like Chinese torture. When a small drop of water does cause a lot of pain, after a long time.
Last edited by 8cros on 14 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.
REASON RESONANCES

Majestik Monkey

14 Sep 2016

I have not yet Updated to 9.1 undecided.

Does the New Sync system Sync to host ? / Browser to Sequence ????

EnochLight

14 Sep 2016

ProfessaKaos wrote:So this update just made the performance of Reason on my Windows 10 system worst again. The first Reason 9 version ran for 3 seconds less than Reason 8.3 with the stress test file, now the stress test file runs for 7 seconds less than the first version of Reason 9.
This really sucks balls.
I'm getting a few seconds less performance than the release of 9.0. Honestly, I don't care. Several seconds to 10 seconds less under the previous version, with this new feature (Link), is an acceptable loss for me.

But if this trend continues, we could be talking tens of seconds less performance by the time the rest of the "point" updates appear, or when version 10 appears. Now *THAT* will suck!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

14 Sep 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote:I have not yet Updated to 9.1 undecided.

Does the New Sync system Sync to host ? / Browser to Sequence ????
It syncs two (or more) apps together on the same downbeat. Transport stop/play is not controlled or synced. The point is to allow other players to join in without affecting the flow of music.

8cros

14 Sep 2016

selig wrote:
8cros wrote:
dioxide wrote:

If you invoke the use of bugs, I do not want to. I'm not going to put up with it. I hate bugs. :?
REASON RESONANCES

Djstarski

14 Sep 2016

what does this link allow you to do ? all i can do right now is change the tempo in one and it changes the tempo in the other . Thats it . i`m using figure as the other app with reason . ?

DeeDashStef

14 Sep 2016

YOOOO so does this mean we can use vst with no problems now?

QVprod

14 Sep 2016

Now if there was a way to disable Rewire in Ableton. You would basically have a Reason "Rewire" master...minus the transports not being linked.

qoreybeats

14 Sep 2016

They need to make a link for Fl to collab with Fl Studio producers live.

adfielding

14 Sep 2016

QVprod wrote:Now if there was a way to disable Rewire in Ableton. You would basically have a Reason "Rewire" master...minus the transports not being linked.
There is, I think. Rewire is definitely disabled on my machine between Live & Reason, I seem to recall it involved creating a text file and adding a flag or two.

Also, Link in Reason is a great development. I genuinely thought Ableton would want to keep Link confined to Live on desktops, so it's really great to see them open it up for other devs. I was also amazed at how quickly it was all up and running, it just... works. Which is great!

Marco Raaphorst

14 Sep 2016

adfielding wrote:
QVprod wrote:Now if there was a way to disable Rewire in Ableton. You would basically have a Reason "Rewire" master...minus the transports not being linked.
There is, I think. Rewire is definitely disabled on my machine between Live & Reason, I seem to recall it involved creating a text file and adding a flag or two.

Also, Link in Reason is a great development. I genuinely thought Ableton would want to keep Link confined to Live on desktops, so it's really great to see them open it up for other devs. I was also amazed at how quickly it was all up and running, it just... works. Which is great!
Link is open source. Ableton understands how you play the game these days. Love it!

tiker01

14 Sep 2016

adfielding wrote:

Just start Reason first that will disable Reason enter into Rewire when Live is started. Perhaps there is a way to turn Rewire off?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

fieldframe
RE Developer

14 Sep 2016

DeeDashStef wrote:YOOOO so does this mean we can use vst with no problems now?
Just to be clear, this has nothing at all to do with VST. Ableton Link syncs tempos between multiple devices; it doesn't transfer audio or anything.

Majestik Monkey

14 Sep 2016

I really must be missing something !

Updated ! Transport Bar say's Internal Sync ' by Default ,
Yet the Browser still does not Sync with its own Sequence Page/Host = On the Fly ' But Reason will sync with external apps ?

Does anyone but myself not see that having a Sync to Host option 'is hugely Important for Fast work flow Honestly i just don't get it ????
I feel happy for those that want to use Apps & Mobiles or Tablet's , But i just want to be able to Work on the Fly with_in Reason .

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2016

nice to see in this video to the best CEO in the music software industry, the great....
chrischrischris wrote:

Chris

Last Alternative

14 Sep 2016

Is there a list of other updates and fixes, or is 9.1 only the Ableton feature?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

joeyluck

14 Sep 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Is there a list of other updates and fixes, or is 9.1 only the Ableton feature?
MattiasHG wrote:
miscend wrote:Is there a change-log somewhere? Any other changes and fixes.
Here they are: https://www.propellerheads.se/reason/up ... ease-notes
:puf_smile:

WongoTheSane

14 Sep 2016

The strangest thing in this video is the reciprocal attitude of Reason and Ableton teams/CEOs. They seem to hold each other in high esteem, don't particularly see their products as competing, appreciate the fact that both are elements in a larger picture... It's a very nice change from some people's view that each should tend to be exactly like the other, or that they are similar products that will, in time, converge to a unique state.

• Information