Sample Memory

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

17 Oct 2016

Can someone explain how the "Sample Memory" LED in the back of Native Reason Devices works please.

Thanks in advance

Chris

EnochLight

17 Oct 2016

chrischrischris wrote:Can someone explain how the "Sample Memory" LED in the back of Native Reason Devices works please.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Only 2 native Reason samplers have the old LED sample memory display on the rear (NN19 and Redrum). It displays the amount of samples stored in the sample memory, though it's not accurate. It's pretty anticlimactic. I can drag and drop hundreds of samples into an NN19 and it will only display 10 or 11 in the display. :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chrischrischris

17 Oct 2016

I Thought it was something like that. So, is this any use to Me?

I am currently using Redrum to plan A Live Set using 12 Redrums Per Song with around 20 Songs in The Open Reason Project.

Thanks in advance

Chris

EnochLight

17 Oct 2016

chrischrischris wrote:I Thought it was something like that. So, is this any use to Me?

I am currently using Redrum to plan A Live Set using 12 Redrums Per Song with around 20 Songs in The Open Reason Project.

Thanks in advance

Chris
I never found it useful 15 years ago, when hardware that ran Reason was a lot more trim (the average RAM was only 512 Megs to 1 Gig back then)! I honestly don't see a use for it personally. If you're asking if it's any use to you, then I think you've already answered your own question. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Gorgon

18 Oct 2016

It's just some eyecandy, like the screws in the subtractor or "design by ken lee" on the back of Neptune.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information