F4 - Keyboard

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MarkTarlton

25 Jan 2017

I would like to see the keyboard(F4) in Reason be able to be reduced down in size, so it doesn't take as much screen real estate. maybe there could be an icon on the transport lit to tell ya when the keyboard has focus, so you don't need to see the entire keyboard graphic.

I always move it as far to the side of the window as possible but when I close and reopen it goes back to the default spot so that's another thing I would like to see fixed if possible.

Vince-Noir-99

25 Jan 2017

In my opinion it may as well disappear completely like in Ableton. Hope it happens at some point.

Creativemind

25 Jan 2017

I was only using this the other day and like the above poster has already replied, hidden completely.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MarkTarlton

25 Jan 2017

Creativemind wrote:I was only using this the other day and like the above poster has already replied, hidden completely.
Vince-Noir-99 wrote:In my opinion it may as well disappear completely like in Ableton. Hope it happens at some point.
yeah...get rid of it :)

Skullture

25 Jan 2017

I use the F4 keyboard a lot. Resizing would be fantastic :)

Creativemind

25 Jan 2017

Yeah what about a show / hide button on the transport?

MarkTarlton

25 Jan 2017

Creativemind wrote:Yeah what about a show / hide button on the transport?
that's what I was trying to explain in my first post with the the transport bit :)

Creativemind

25 Jan 2017

MarkTarlton wrote:
Creativemind wrote:Yeah what about a show / hide button on the transport?
that's what I was trying to explain in my first post with the the transport bit :)
Oh yeah sorry, doh, only just really got that. there is already a show onscreen piano keys button on the transport isn't there. Where it says KEYS bottom left.

What about another icon (maybe a little dot or circle that highlights / un-highlights the same colour as the KEYS) next to the KEYS icon on the transport, a show / hide on screen piano keys dot / circle / button? So if KEYS is highlighted and the other button is highlighted, the on-screen piano appears. But if KEYS is highlighted and the other button isn't then the on-screen piano keys is active but not visible. The dot / icon should automatically default to being highlighted when Reason loads and you can turn it off or hide the on-screen piano keys by un-highlighting if you don't want the keyboard on screen.

Just read it back again and that's kind of what you already said Mark lol!

Man this post just took me ages write, re-edited it about 6 times lol!

tiker01

25 Jan 2017

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:In my opinion it may as well disappear completely like in Ableton. Hope it happens at some point.
Old request of mine to be able to hide it.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Southgate

25 Jan 2017

MarkTarlton wrote:I would like to see the keyboard(F4) in Reason be able to be reduced down in size, so it doesn't take as much screen real estate. maybe there could be an icon on the transport lit to tell ya when the keyboard has focus, so you don't need to see the entire keyboard graphic.

I always move it as far to the side of the window as possible but when I close and reopen it goes back to the default spot so that's another thing I would like to see fixed if possible.
Ok...

Here is what I do...and it works fine for now (dragging it to the bottom of the screen)! I can still use the Transport panel. If you press F4 and de-press it, it works just fine and you don't really have to think about it too much!

Yes...it would be ideal to hide it as an option too!
Attachments
keys.jpg
keys.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 942 times

MarkTarlton

26 Jan 2017

Southgate wrote:
MarkTarlton wrote:I would like to see the keyboard(F4) in Reason be able to be reduced down in size, so it doesn't take as much screen real estate. maybe there could be an icon on the transport lit to tell ya when the keyboard has focus, so you don't need to see the entire keyboard graphic.

Ok...

Here is what I do...and it works fine for now (dragging it to the bottom of the screen)! I can still use the Transport panel. If you press F4 and de-press it, it works just fine and you don't really have to think about it too much!

Yes...it would be ideal to hide it as an option too!
when I do that it never goes back to the exact position which is an extra step...not a biggie but it's one of the reasons why I posted this thread.

• Information