14:2 or the new mixer?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aasmund1986

31 Jan 2017

This have probably been discussed a numberous of times, but Im wondering what people prefer of those two.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

C//AZM

31 Jan 2017

Most definitely the larger mixer. so many more built-in features. The small one is good for use in combis.

Loque

31 Jan 2017

If i build a sound, i use the 14:2 as an insert or sometimes its smaller brother. For final mixing always the SSL. For volume automation i mostly use a separated RE.
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2017

14:2 or 6:2 for combinators only, shame the combinator patches don't save all Mix channels that can be associated with it...

scratchnsnifff

31 Jan 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:14:2 or 6:2 for combinators only, shame the combinator patches don't save all Mix channels that can be associated with it...
Would be cool if you could save channel strip information kinda like how you'd save a combinator I wonder how hard that'd be
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

esselfortium

31 Jan 2017

I use the SSL for most things nowadays, but I still use the 14:2 when I'm composing midis, because its 0-127 values can be translated into standard midi volume events more directly than the SSL's dB values.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

chimp_spanner

01 Feb 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:14:2 or 6:2 for combinators only, shame the combinator patches don't save all Mix channels that can be associated with it...
I feel that. One way around it is to just copy mixer channels. So you could design a sound with multiple mixer channels in its own project (or in the context of a song) and then just open that project again, go to the mixer, select all associated mix tracks and copy/paste them where you need them. Not quite perfect as it also brings along note data (spent a few minutes last night wondering why my drums were wrong haha) but small trade off! My patch library now has Reason projects in it so I can store these kinds of setups.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
I feel that. One way around it is to just copy mixer channels. So you could design a sound with multiple mixer channels in its own project (or in the context of a song) and then just open that project again, go to the mixer, select all associated mix tracks and copy/paste them where you need them. Not quite perfect as it also brings along note data (spent a few minutes last night wondering why my drums were wrong haha) but small trade off! My patch library now has Reason projects in it so I can store these kinds of setups.
I did save my drum setup (as I had about 10 mix channels) as a template however I don't use the template anymore as I felt I was being lazy with drums and yes the copy channel settings is something I'm thankful for.

With regards to the saving all mix channels with the combinator patch I would be happy with just mix channels directly attached, so any parallel channels or other (output) bus channel information is not saved. I think I will post something in the Feature Request forum.

Data_Shrine

01 Feb 2017

I always mix in a master daw so i never used the ssl mixer but it seems like it has so many useful features.. maybe one day. I use the 14:2 in combi for redrum.

QVprod

01 Feb 2017

Yep many times. It makes very little sense to use the 14:2 as the main mixer. It's still a great utility tool though.

• Information