Reason 10 Rumors

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ltbrunt00

02 Feb 2017

Has anybody heard of any Reason 10 rumors?

Reason 9 is pretty nice. Not sure where they can go from here just shy of giving us a A.I backing band.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

TheMiles

02 Feb 2017

With 9.2 just beeing released, i doubt there will be reason 10 anytime soon. Rather then that i'd expect another point upgrade, most likely 9.5. But even that will take some time as 9.2 just has been released...

Bonkhead

02 Feb 2017

i hope 9.2.1 comes soon.

QVprod

02 Feb 2017

Props don't seem to work that fast. Probably at least anther year before a reason 10 announcement. You won't hear any rumors though. They're really good at not leaking info.

tiker01

03 Feb 2017

I think they want Reason 10 to be big so in my opinion I think they might release it 2018 Autumn.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

CR68

03 Feb 2017

I believe the hell will freeze again when reason 10 will be announced.
There will be vst Support! I dont need it. But i have this feeling again.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2017

Admin:
This thread should be moved to "the kitchen" as it will serve no real purpose here or even in the Reason General group...

OP: My opinion on a release is well into 2018 so rather than worrying about that learn what tools you have now.

If you have any ideas then post them in the Feature Request group..

CR68 wrote:I believe the hell will freeze again when reason 10 will be announced.
There will be vst Support! I dont need it. But i have this feeling again.
How can you say "There will be vst support", do you have proof?

GRIFTY

03 Feb 2017

No obviously he doesn't have proof, he said he has a feeling.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2017

GRIFTY wrote:No obviously he doesn't have proof, he said he has a feeling.
He did not say "I have a feeling there will be vst support", he said "There will be vst Support!", he then finished his sentence and then said "but I have this feeling again", feeling about what, he does need vst support?, that it's Friday?, that the sky will fall on his head?

CR68

03 Feb 2017

Sorry, english is not my main language. So it is possible that i wrote it false.

I believe there will be vst support in the next version.
First it will be Reason X. So they have to make great update.
Second a lot of people want vst Support. I dont need vst, but how can you reach more customer? You have to implement Standards.
Third i got an invitation for a reason customer survey and the main questions was about vst and the re ecosystem. Also how reason compares to other daws.

I hope this describes my feelings about vst Support.

Cheers

Kenni
Site Admin

03 Feb 2017

CR68 wrote:I believe there will be vst support in the next version.
I will most certainly guarantee that there will be no direct VST support in Reason.
CR68 wrote: Second a lot of people want vst Support. I dont need vst, but how can you reach more customer? You have to implement Standards.
True as that may be, VST is a lousy, old, unstable standard that has no place in Reason, in my opinion. The platform has reached a mature state for most DAW's, which is good.

There's a lot of people that are screaming about how people should not limit themselfs to one single DAW - Those people are at the same time screaming for VST support in Reason. The solution is fairly simple: Use another DAW for your VST needs.

If Reason is ever to add VST support, I'll simple stop using Reason.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

03 Feb 2017

Propellerheads will not add VST support. Why would they when there are REs?

scratchnsnifff

03 Feb 2017

No way Josè I wouldn't stop using reason just because we got vsts. I personally think it's more likely for the props to keep at what they are doing currently ( upgrading the RE platform in hopes vst makers will join the reason platform and make more unique devices) the dude who is one of the founders of propellerhead did an interview with the kvr forum a while back and he said that most things in the music world don't impress him, with that being said I don't see his opinion changing anytime soon, I do however see the creators continuing to make a new and unique world for us people who love a creative way of making music :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Yonatan

03 Feb 2017

Reason 9.5 will have a new metronom doing random tempo, working name is "Simon says". Release date expected to April 1st 2017.

CR68

03 Feb 2017

again i dont need vst support. i love reason how it is. but i got the same feeling with re´s back these days. and on several other things. dont know why but it was often true.

deepndark i dont see aby problems with 2 plugin formats. re´s are great and have a lot more power then normal vsts. they can live together.

again dont get me wrong, propellerhead is a company, as every company. propellerhead have to grow and to sell more then the year before... (its bad but thats the makret) so how can u easiely reach many many thousand of people with one hit? its the old story: vst. its old, its weak but it is some kind of standard. they tried to get the big players on board, some are here, but the most said no. or did a few plugins.

again i dont need it it is just what i am thinking....

Rick75

03 Feb 2017

Reason 10 will have a GUI overall where all current built-in rack instruments will be rendered from vector sources allowing custom sizes on all screen resolutions. 3rd party REs will be invited to adopt new vector assets.

Kong will be expanded to feature physically modelled cymbals.

Alkua

03 Feb 2017

I don't think Reason 10 will have VST support, but I believe Reason will have an integration with standalone plugins.
That will open the door to Native Instruments, Arturia, Synthmaster, Izotope Ozone (6&7), Ect..

Also, Propellerhead has to try to get Universal Audio involve, because I have one month using UAD plugins and those plugins are really good.

Libraquaricorn

03 Feb 2017

I answered a bunch of questions today after receiving a mail from Propellerheads urging me - as one of a small group of chosen participants - to take this Reason customer survey. A fair share of the questions were about my feelings about VST integration in Reason. I truthfully answered that I do not care and added as an extra comment that it would not bother me as long as it does not compromise Reasons stability and ease of use across multiple computers. I guess it's evident from the questions that VST integration is something that the Props feel forced to deal with at this stage. Will it happen in R10? i dont know, but I certainly didn't help by trying to push them in that direction with my answers.

chimp_spanner

03 Feb 2017

VST integration in and of itself is super low priority for me. The only two things I still use Cubase for are;

Superior Drummer 2
Kontakt libraries (especially Albion ONE, Abbey Road Drummers, etc.)

They also happen to be crucial to most of what I do. There is just no match for these in Reason at the moment. And I've bought RDK, Alt Drums, BFD, Platinum Drums, all the A-List stuff, Project SAM, Stringwerk. Don't get me wrong they're okay, but if I "expose" my drum or orchestral parts at any point, you can tell they're not quite up to the job.

For everything else, I'm more than happy with Reason. Especially now that synths like eXpanse can load custom samples. I mean that's a bit of a game changer really! Prior to this I would've included Serum as a reason to keep using Cubase but, less so now.

The trouble with VST integration is that VST's aren't designed to work like racks. I have, on a few occasions, described how I feel it could work;

A new device, somewhere between the EMI and a Combinator, with CV and audio in (maybe a set number of outputs to cater for multi-output VSTs), that's translated to host automation that the VST can understand. So they'd still integrate nicely in terms of pattern devices, LFO's, etc. In this regard they wouldn't be any more or less limited than IDT instruments. And there could be a little button that opens a pop-out editor window. So the rack paradigm is preserved as much as possible (it could also be skinnable, so you could design/download skins to reflect the instrument being used).

If it ever happens, I hope it happens like that!

tiker01

03 Feb 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:I answered a bunch of questions today after receiving a mail from Propellerheads urging me - as one of a small group of chosen participants - to take this Reason customer survey. A fair share of the questions were about my feelings about VST integration in Reason. I truthfully answered that I do not care and added as an extra comment that it would not bother me as long as it does not compromise Reasons stability and ease of use across multiple computers. I guess it's evident from the questions that VST integration is something that the Props feel forced to deal with at this stage. Will it happen in R10? i dont know, but I certainly didn't help by trying to push them in that direction with my answers.
Interesting.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

03 Feb 2017

Moving this thread to the Reason General Forum!
Selig Audio, LLC

Mati Navas

03 Feb 2017

I would rather like to see Reason devices bundled as a VST à la Softube Modular, because Rewire is not the perfect solution.
But even if they would take that direction, I don't know if it were technically feasible. Phead will certainly surprise us with some nice features in R10.

Creativemind

03 Feb 2017

Why would they add VST when they just updated the SDK, it would seriously hinder Re sales?

It's not ever been on the cards has it. I doubt it somehow.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dioxide

03 Feb 2017

I'd be surprised if they added VST support. Maybe the question was more to try and figure out if the public understand the benefits of RE over VST. I think Reason users understand it but VST users don't seem to get it.

gak

04 Feb 2017

God, please, not with the vst talk again :lol:

Nothing personal but it's a waste of time thinking about it. NEVER EVER EVER will happen. It's totally and completely the opposite of where they are coming from.

However, reason 10 isn't anything I'm thinking of either. FFS, they don't even want to enhance workflow stuff for version 9. Their direction is in the opposite thoughts of the common "musician" and more based towards the twitter-verse.

• Information