Doubt with reason 9 vs fl studio 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jowe79

14 Feb 2017

Hello 5 years ago with full license of reason but i look many titorials of trance flr fl studio and the sound is very very pro...and eat my brain... for change daw or not... is poor sound quality in reason vs fl studio? Audio engine??
Vst sound is better i thing... i saw that fl studio is a lot of tutorials templates of trance music for artists!! Famous asrtists...do you think!!?
Thanks a lot!!!

tiker01

14 Feb 2017

Hi,

This has been discussed many times. Reason is perfectly capable of producing excellent sounding trance (there is a guy posting trance on FB and maybe on YouTube). Some VST patches just sound huge but it is only due to a lot of reverb. I think Reason 9 is really up to the challenge against other DAWs. I personally tried FL many times over the last 10 years and felt frustrated by the logic of the program. Still I know that many great artist use it.

If there is a demo version just give it a try. But who knows maybe Reason will get VST support. PH sent out questions indicating that they considering it. So maybe wait a bit.

Here is a trance tutorial
Part1

Part2

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Voyager

14 Feb 2017

Choosing a daw because it has more tutorials than the other isn't really a good argument to go with.

Since every user needs are different and both daw's have a different type of workflow, in my opinion you should try both of them and see which one suits your needs the most and you feel confortable with.

mataya

14 Feb 2017

Change your attitude about making music and you'll do a good job in making trance in both of them.

M

miscend

14 Feb 2017

Voyager wrote:Choosing a daw because it has more tutorials than the other isn't really a good argument to go with.

Since every user needs are different and both daw's have a different type of workflow, in my opinion you should try both of them and see which one suits your needs the most and you feel confortable with.
I think it's a quite good argument that there's plenty of support for new people starting out. Part of the popularity of Ableton is due to the whole community aspect. A lot of people share free patches and also share YouTube tutorials on making complete tracks in every genre.

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

I think people should start to prove how Reason sounds superior vs other DAWs. If you can't make a song ala fucking WOW with it, and prove it with a Reason file - it remains being a toy.

Voyager

14 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:
Voyager wrote:Choosing a daw because it has more tutorials than the other isn't really a good argument to go with.

I think it's a quite good argument that there's plenty of support for new people starting out. Part of the popularity of Ableton is due to the whole community aspect. A lot of people share free patches and also share YouTube tutorials on making complete tracks in every genre.
What i ment is choosing a daw based on its amount of tutorials and content supports doesn't mean that you will be more confortable to work with and suits you. Since reason is quite a diffrent beast from other daws from a workflow and interface perspective trying and comparing to make his own opinion is still the safiest way to know which one would be more appropriate to work with. Feeling connected and confortable with the tools we work with should be above the content availability critera in my opnion.

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

Reason needs more default serious mixing tools

but with some rack extensions You get Professional Commercial sound

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

I feel like a middleman on this. I love Reason but also think it requires very much work to get it above 8/10.

Jowe79

14 Feb 2017

Yeah guys!!! Very thanks for all comments!! True?? PH is considering add vat support in future??
I'm very happy for soon we have Spire synth in RE!
I think reason 9 is pro daw... not a toy...like many people says...

Kaosis

14 Feb 2017

The argument for the amount of tutorials is valid. In the sense that they show you (being anyone looking to get started) that you too can do this.

Reason having less tutorials means that a lot of knowledge comes from experimentation and asking questions (assuming you even know what to ask about). Therefore a lot of people end up with the misconception that it's not capable of what the other DAWs are.

Most of the meat of a tutorial is transferable knowledge, but sadly a lot of people don't realize this.

Its kinda of like photography, in that normal people tend to think it's more about the camera than it is the eye in the viewfinder.

miscend

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:I think people should start to prove how Reason sounds superior vs other DAWs. If you can't make a song ala fucking WOW with it, and prove it with a Reason file - it remains being a toy.
I think you can make a wow song with any modern DAW these days. But will the difference will be how much you had to graft hard and sweat to get a good result.
Last edited by miscend on 14 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Karim
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

Jowe79 wrote:Hello 5 years ago with full license of reason but i look many titorials of trance flr fl studio and the sound is very very pro...and eat my brain... for change daw or not... is poor sound quality in reason vs fl studio? Audio engine??
Vst sound is better i thing... i saw that fl studio is a lot of tutorials templates of trance music for artists!! Famous asrtists...do you think!!?
Thanks a lot!!!
Those 2 guys literally KICKS ASSES!!!

and Riemac, ( A user of this forum )

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

EnochLight

14 Feb 2017

I've never heard that Reason has a lack of tutorials... that's a new one! :?: There's like, countless tutorials on YouTube by users and Props own channel has dozens upon dozens... :shrugs:

As far as FL Studio sounding "pro"... that's a new one, too! :mrgreen: :lol: ;) :cool: I kid, I kid.. your DAW can sound as pro as you need it to be. If FL Studio works better for you, then go for it. If Reason works better for you, then go for it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ejanuska

14 Feb 2017

What does the OP mean by "Eat my brain"?
Is that a common phrase in some languages?

I'm gonna go roast some sesame seeds.

Jowe79

14 Feb 2017

ejanuska wrote:What does the OP mean by "Eat my brain"?

Eat my brain or head means... i don't stop innthinking about my doubt for example..
Thanks

ejanuska

14 Feb 2017

Jowe79 wrote:

Eat my brain or head means... i don't stop innthinking about my doubt for example..
Thanks
Thanks for the explanation.
I guess it was eating my brain.

submonsterz

14 Feb 2017

Id weigh in both packages reason and the cost of all res needed to come even close to an fl full fledged package including all them lovely plugs and synths that still even harmour dominates over reason features and sound possibillitys.
Fl daw itself has many pros and less cons than reason in funtionallity and userbillity features .
Reason has cv ..... thats really its flagship on that debate to be honest .
I own both and reaper .
If i was to wind back the clock
And have to choose one on price and feature set and userbillity i think i would select fl out of the three for overall all in package.
On audio and daw functions id snap reaper on them two alone as niether of the other two are so out there in the amount it offers in tweakable work flows for audio and user interaction and custom set ups.
So for me if i was at the point im at now knowing all three at present id not had chosen reason lack of pdc etc controller support etc lack of real midi support etc and even rewire works best and has more options in either of the other two .
Think hard look at prices see what you get for your money and what it is you really need to do in your wants for a daw and how each can fill that need.
Honest opinion from a "non" fan boy of any of the daws.
All have hiccups but i think reason has the harshest learning curve for actually getting the sound or sounds you need for beginners to the way it works and its draw backs against the two i mentioned.

jfrichards

14 Feb 2017

I highly recommend listening through this youtube video to get a good sense of modern uses of Reason. This new sound bank makes things a lot easier.

dustmoses

14 Feb 2017

FL has more tutorials because you don't have to pay for it (it is cracked, always every version is.) Reason 5 is obsolete, last one I heard about anyone pirating (before codemeter.)

I have a lot of experience in both FL Studio and Reason and Reason 9 is my favorite production software ever. You have to put in a little work to get things sounding how you want but the same applies for any DAW unless you are engaging in massive piracy and thus can use presets for every single little thing.

I agree with sdst that better mixing tools out of the box would be appreciated. The special effects are fine but mclass stuff could definitely use an update to version 2 like the rv7000. I don't like the "workhorse" compressors limiter and eqs, though the the SSL EQ does the job in a pinch.

MDTerps2015

14 Feb 2017

I think he has "kuru"
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

lowpryo

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:I think people should start to prove how Reason sounds superior vs other DAWs. If you can't make a song ala fucking WOW with it, and prove it with a Reason file - it remains being a toy.
listen to Electric Mantis, he produces on reason 6.5

proof of his DAW, on facebook videos:
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 7115446%2F

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 9082098%2F

is that "WOW" enough? ok good, no more excuses, go get better!

FlowerSoldier

14 Feb 2017

lowpryo wrote:
listen to Electric Mantis, he produces on reason 6.5

proof of his DAW, on facebook videos:
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 7115446%2F

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 9082098%2F

is that "WOW" enough? ok good, no more excuses, go get better!
Amen. The dynamic range in this track is amazing. You can tell from the waveform even. Mc'Lovin this track.

Raveshaper

14 Feb 2017

Not a single sound in Daybreak is stock. All of it sounds imported. Is there verification that all of this is stock, or does he just master in Reason 6.5.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it just takes a CPU killing ton of devices to achieve his sound. That's all. Tee-hee. (Do you really want to have to build all that?)
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information