high pass filter movement on master?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samsome

11 Apr 2017

Hi i want to set up a high pass filter on the master.......

on all other tracks i can set it very easy...from the eq diagram of the track

for the master it doesn't exist.......

whats the easiest way to set up a high pass filter on the master?

the two band parametric EQ can't do it

also the M CLASS equalizer is a stable high pass filter...
it won't move as i want it..

selig
RE Developer

11 Apr 2017

samsome wrote:Hi i want to set up a high pass filter on the master.......

on all other tracks i can set it very easy...from the eq diagram of the track

for the master it doesn't exist.......

whats the easiest way to set up a high pass filter on the master?

the two band parametric EQ can't do it

also the M CLASS equalizer is a stable high pass filter...
it won't move as i want it..
Pulveriser has a nice HP filter - just don't use the compression/distortion sections and you'll get a nice clean HPF. Put it in the Master Insert, btw.
Selig Audio, LLC

samsome

11 Apr 2017

thank you Selig will try it out

RandomSkratch

11 Apr 2017

In the FSB under the All Effects folder --> EQ & Filtering you also have a few more choices.

Dual HiPass Filter
HighPass Filter w Effects

You can load these directly into the channel programmer (in an instrument strip or master channel)

Another option is to bus everything to a strip and apply the SSL filter on it if you like that sound.

samsome

11 Apr 2017

Thank you RandomSkratch will try that too

samsome

11 Apr 2017

Thanks! works great, thanks guys great methods!

Gorgon

11 Apr 2017

samsome wrote:Thanks! works great, thanks guys great methods!
Good to see that you're getting somewhere. You still gotta read the manual though!! :P :twisted:
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

scratchnsnifff

11 Apr 2017

My favorite RE high pass filters are kilohearts FIlter (NOT the ladder Filter) blamsoft F-16 and etch red. They all have great filters and I recently found out that blamsofts F-16 has a high quality setting that makes for some crazy sounds not sure about what's going on but yeah those are my personal favorites :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MitchClark89

12 Apr 2017

Gorgon wrote:
samsome wrote:Thanks! works great, thanks guys great methods!
Good to see that you're getting somewhere. You still gotta read the manual though!! :P :twisted:
sir while i do agree with you i had to say that in this day and age, more and more we dont go for manuals, its too slow, we just jump onto google or forums or youtbes etc and find the answer much more quick than scouring thru a manual.

that is not to say you are wrong but just explain how come it is happening more and more

:redface: :)

Gorgon

12 Apr 2017

MitchClark89 wrote: sir while i do agree with you i had to say that in this day and age, more and more we dont go for manuals, its too slow, we just jump onto google or forums or youtbes etc and find the answer much more quick than scouring thru a manual.
The manual has an index. Also, it has hyperlinks and a search function. It's not an old fashioned book. Youtube tutorials are great but the manual has loads more to offer, there's tons of little things you pick up which make you use the software more efficient. So in the end, you get a better workflow, which saves you time. You may find a quick answer by watching a video but you'll never discover things like hotkeys and little tricks.

But it's easier to hop on a forum and ask a question, right? :lol:
that is not to say you are wrong but just explain how come it is happening more and more

:redface: :)
I know that. And while I also agree that Youtube tutorials are great (like I said before), the manual also serves a purpose and demands proper attention. :puf_smile:
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

RandomSkratch

12 Apr 2017

The Reason manual is so well written I feel like you're doing the props a disservice by not reading it!

• Information