What I think reason needs.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

19 Apr 2017

:question:
Colored notes like fl studio/cubase. [individuals notes]
Sheet music notation modules.
Integrated recycle.
Recycle RE
Not sure what else to suggest
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Lov2sing

19 Apr 2017

Can you use RE's in Re-Cycle? I never thought to try.
We make music for a reason

Oquasec

19 Apr 2017

Don't own/use it. Would if it became integrated.
Producer/Programmer.

Lov2sing

19 Apr 2017

Audio in from other softwares would be nice and some quick record automation from the mixer in a button. Most of us like to not stop and draw automation but rather hit a button to record certain aspects on the fly. A course more intricate automation would still have to be drawn in, but on the old mixer you could take the mouse and high light a section then hit record and get quick automation without having to leave the mixer. Oh and to have video sink mode for all that do film. Lastly we need mic modeling, and a dedicated tape simulator.

Oquasec

19 Apr 2017

You need thor to convert stuff to automation via CV.
Producer/Programmer.

QVprod

19 Apr 2017

Lov2sing wrote: Most of us like to not stop and draw automation but rather hit a button to record certain aspects on the fly. A course more intricate automation would still have to be drawn in, but on the old mixer you could take the mouse and high light a section then hit record and get quick automation without having to leave the mixer.
You can still do this. Right click, select edit automation. Press record and move whatever you wish to automate with the mouse or a controller. It records the automation.

Lov2sing

20 Apr 2017

Yea but it would be better it we had automation lane per channel by hitting a button. That way you could on the fly automate and cut it off or on while you're in real time.

Oquasec

20 Apr 2017

alt clicking is the closest we gots to that.
Producer/Programmer.

Last Alternative

20 Apr 2017

I'll be happy when I can easily run my guitar and bass thru a synth in real time!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Oquasec

20 Apr 2017

I'll be happy when I have a real guitar period [ I use digital plugins only]
Producer/Programmer.

Last Alternative

20 Apr 2017

Oh man.. check out Craigslist or pawn shops. Please get a real guitar if you play. I feel your pain.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Oquasec

20 Apr 2017

I am not a guitar guy by a long shot. I own a midi piano to trigger plugins.
Producer/Programmer.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2017

a Reaktor 6 combinator Would be very welcome

Oquasec

20 Apr 2017

I'd like to give away reaktor 6 one day since I replaced it with synthedit a while back.
Producer/Programmer.

TheGuyNotNamedBob

20 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:I'd like to give away reaktor 6 one day since I replaced it with synthedit a while back.
If you are ever interested in getting rid of Reaktor, hit me up and I'll see what I can do. =)

QVprod

20 Apr 2017

Last Alternative wrote:I'll be happy when I can easily run my guitar and bass thru a synth in real time!
Do you mean trigger a synth with the bass or guitar? You actually can (monophonically) with Bitspeek. Ran across and old peff video the other day. May or may not be worth it to you.

Jonathan10

20 Apr 2017

Cool. I need to get bitspeek that could be cool for background ambience and glitches
:refill:

Last Alternative

21 Apr 2017

Yeah that is cool. I'd love to see an example with a guitar triggering that patch before I commit. I guess I could try it. I'm just wondering how long it'll be for true easy plug & play midi guitar. Without all the attachments and workarounds. Another 5 years? Geez.

teddymcw

21 Apr 2017

Last Alternative wrote:Yeah that is cool. I'd love to see an example with a guitar triggering that patch before I commit. I guess I could try it. I'm just wondering how long it'll be for true easy plug & play midi guitar. Without all the attachments and workarounds. Another 5 years? Geez.
While there are imperfections in each method, guitar/audio to synth is fairly doable.

1. Live audio track into synth filters. This has always worked great, will get as synthy as you like imo.
2. This bitspeek method above I wasn't aware of.
3. Play your guitar notes in R9 (hopefully not too fast) and convert the audio to midi and in the sequencer, apply midi to fav synth channel.

I'm not sure the audio to midi conversion will ever be amazingly clean. There's lots of imperfect data that would be seemingly tough to convert in real time.

• Information