Instrument/Lane/Track Copy/Paste: Not Audible?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aggie

20 Apr 2017

Hi,

Reason 8.3.2d7:

I've an ongoing problem that is one of those "I'm-certain-it -didn't-used-to-happen-but-it-happens-all-the-time-now..." sort of things;

When I copy a "stand-alone" instrument track/lane (that is; no connected Effects or other Devices, etc.) and then paste it back in - there is no playback audio output. The instruments gauge is showing a note being played, etc. - but no audible output. The settings are exactly the same as the original but, when I play the Track/Lane as a Solo - nothing.

I've changed the way I do things to accommodate this; I now create a new Instrument (same as the one I want to copy), update all of the settings, levels, knobs and buttons the same as the originating Track and then copy/paste/CTRL-drag the notes between the lane, which works. But I am sure it never used to happen.

Have I hit some sort of global setting by mistake?

Thanks!
Adam
Adam Gill | BandLab

Gaja

20 Apr 2017

Maybe the instrument is not connected to a mixer channel? When you ctrl drag to copy you won't autoroute the device. Try holding shift as well. That should do the trick

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Aggie

20 Apr 2017

SHIFT+COPY is the answer.

Thanks so much - I've never done that to copy a device before so I've no idea how it's always seemed to work in the past - but it works now and that's the main thing! :)

Adam
Adam Gill | BandLab

Oquasec

20 Apr 2017

all daws follow some windows shortcuts so ctrl+ alt clicking shows/hides all modules.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

WongoTheSane

21 Apr 2017

To duplicate a track, you can also select it in the sequencer and simply press Ctrl-D (PC) or Command-D (Mac). Easier than Copy/Paste.

• Information