Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dante

28 Apr 2017

I think it would be a big mistake for Reason to have VST support. Just when new SDK and developers / investor come on board, theres a chance for RE to really take of, especially with the likes of Sound Spire coming on board, Reason has a chance to compete against the VST world why pollute that opportunity ?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2017

Great. I wonder how automation and undos will work. Those are kind of big deals for me. Will it still be a right click for automation?

rudiarii

28 Apr 2017

Great to have VST on board...I would never have expected to see it..... :puf_smile:
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

The_G

28 Apr 2017

Can't wait to do my first song hooking Diva up to Steerpike BBD Delay!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Marc Swing

28 Apr 2017

Does it support 32 and 64 bit vst? like bitwig? and are the vst sandboxed?

RicheyFuego

28 Apr 2017

This may be a dumb question but does this include AU plugins?
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: : :PUF_figure:

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

decimal updates should be free. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

SA Studio

28 Apr 2017

Wow. Just wow.

I got a lot of flak over the years for wanting VST integration.

Sigh. Finally.

This will bring a lot of people who have never experienced the high-quality environment of Reason and sensibility Props products into the fold. Bravo, Props. Well done.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

28 Apr 2017

Marc Swing wrote:Does it support 32 and 64 bit vst? like bitwig? and are the vst sandboxed?
Reason supports 64-bit plug-ins. There are third-party bridges that you can try.

We've implemented a limited crash protection system for VSTs that means we attempt to detect crashes in the VST and prevent the plugin from crashing Reason. Since VST plugins are third-party code, it is still possible to experience problems with plugins though.

Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins. :)

EdGrip

28 Apr 2017

I was just wondering if the VSTs are sandboxed like Bitwig. That would be a nice touch. :)

rudiarii

28 Apr 2017

I sense some serious beta testing ahead....
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

The_G

28 Apr 2017

Marc Swing wrote:Does it support 32 and 64 bit vst? like bitwig? and are the vst sandboxed?
I'm guessing 64-bit only, but we'll see.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

PabloDavid

28 Apr 2017

This made do my first post in this forum!

So my question is: will universal audios plugins work?

stevan

28 Apr 2017

One thing is sure : VST is not RE ! Don't get me wrong I like it having VST's in Reason, but I can't believe that the workflow and stability is exactly the same ... automation,cpu usage, undo, redo etc... lets wait for the reality check
Last edited by stevan on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

strvcture

28 Apr 2017

To all of the software engineers, testers, product devs/managers, designers, office managers everyone involved at Properllerheads.

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO F*CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

siln

28 Apr 2017

Dante wrote:I think it would be a big mistake for Reason to have VST support. Just when new SDK and developers / investor come on board, theres a chance for RE to really take of, especially with the likes of Sound Spire coming on board, Reason has a chance to compete against the VST world why pollute that opportunity ?
my guess is that Res will have the opportunity to prove they are more efficient at less cpu cost than Vsts
i wonder how cpu consumin will be the big vsts compared to :re:

stratatonic

28 Apr 2017

tronam wrote:Will R9.5's VST implementation support multiple-output plugins?
2:53 of the video shows multi-audio outputs.

footwords

28 Apr 2017

Some VSTs allow communication between themselves if they have multiple instances in the same song. Will this work in Reason? For example iZotpe's Neutron plugin can be put on guitar and vocals and then the two instances talk to each other to allow you to pinpoint frequency masking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mr-SWWfJ4A
Last edited by footwords on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

LUST3R

28 Apr 2017

I have personally asked them for VST support for so long, I actually can not believe it is finally happening! I still think I am dreaming [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This Is LUST3R!
(Dubstep/EDM/Alternative - Music Producer, Reason User :reason:, DJ & Instrumentalist)
Check out my Soundcloud and FOLLOW ME!
https://soundcloud.com/lust3rofficial

stevan

28 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
Reason supports 64-bit plug-ins. There are third-party bridges that you can try.

We've implemented a limited crash protection system for VSTs that means we attempt to detect crashes in the VST and prevent the plugin from crashing Reason. Since VST plugins are third-party code, it is still possible to experience problems with plugins though.

Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins. :)
... exactly what I meant : if you want ultrastable Reason DAW, dont use doubtful VST's ! Yapp, but this is not PHS fault ...

The_G

28 Apr 2017

stevan wrote:One thing is sure : VST is not RE ! Don't get me wrong I like it having VST's in Reason, but I can't believe that the workflow and stability is exactly the same ... automation, undo, redo etc... lets wait for the reality check
To be honest, the only stability problems I have on either Reason or Logic comes from using Blamsoft REs. I'm a huge fan, don't get me wrong--Expanse is far and away my favorite RE synth, and one of my favorite plugin synths in any format. But it causes all kinds of chaos when you load up too many instances. VK-2 is even worse, in that regard.

So while loading up multiple instances of Diva or Serum might produce the same thing, it's not like those problems don't exist already.

(Apologies for the double negative.)

mayzon

28 Apr 2017

Is this a late April fools joke?

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

Oh my god guys using an external vst host you can run 32 & 64 bit plugs at the same time.
There's so much stuff that...oh my lord nvm I'd prolly still upgrade to 10 anyway.
Last edited by Oquasec on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

28 Apr 2017

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2017

The best news of the decade

• Information