Who is the designer behind Reason workflow?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
normen

15 May 2017

kuhliloach wrote:I often wonder if developers at Propellerheads start with functionality then build a UI on top to support it, in that order. But if that's the case could it be beneficial to start with a User Interface concept, draw it, then build backwards to make the functionality match?
I think this was outlined pretty well in this thread already (and in that comic strip). How are you supposed to plan ahead for an SSL mixer when you create an instrument and there is no sign on the horizon that it will be anything else in the future? As soon as some software is out theres several things basically set in stone - sure, you can change how the software works but you can't make each version basically a different application just because some added feature would be nicer to use this or that way.

RustyShakleforde

15 May 2017

The mixer, rack, sequencer thing bothered me for ages - though i got used to it and quick at re-arranging. Glad i read this for thr shortcut - i think i found out about it ages ago, but then forgot haha.

RustyShakleforde

15 May 2017

I think it has evolved stunningly though... really happy with how its went and where it is going. Any Maschine users here? The updates for THAT and the shenanigans from NI (with Jam as opposed to promised features from years ago) have been terrible

Last Alternative

15 May 2017

For at least around 2 years I have requested to PH to sync colors, labels, and order in all 3 windows and nothing has come of it yet. It is frustrating to have to do them each manually - say I'm in the rack and I make a mix track and label it "synth" and color it green. But then I go into the mixer or sequencer windows and have to do it all over again because it's orange and unlabeled, for example.
This redundancy slows down the vibe and flow. I wish it will get fixed soon. PH tried to explain me why it's like that once but I thought it was ridiculous they wouldn't make it all apply no matter what window you're in labeling/coloring/organizing in. But that's just me.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Bucky

15 May 2017

Henrik Lundqvist - New York Rangers.

pedrocaetanos

16 May 2017

Wook wrote:Haha. Dude just randomly said a generic Swedish name. Thanks for the laugh. Oh, Johan Andersson was in charge of cable colours. True story.
Isn't Henrik Lundqvist notable for Thor Signature Patches?
I got this list from some site, of other swedes somehow related to factory soundbanks:
Anders Jonas Ångström, Anita Ekberg, Anders Celsius, Britt Ekland, August Strindberg, Ingmar Bergman, Alfred Nobel
Could they be musicians in the chamber orchestra that recorded Orkester...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

SunSetCity

16 May 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:Isn't Henrik Lundqvist notable for Thor Signature Patches?
I got this list from some site, of other swedes somehow related to factory soundbanks:
Anders Jonas Ångström, Anita Ekberg, Anders Celsius, Britt Ekland, August Strindberg, Ingmar Bergman, Alfred Nobel
Could they be musicians in the chamber orchestra that recorded Orkester...
No, the creators of the Reason FSB were these dudes... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

pedrocaetanos

16 May 2017

SunSetCity wrote:No, the creators of the Reason FSB were these dudes... ;)
I think you are confusing with the Polar Music Refill
That's what those dudes did :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

olive6741

16 May 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
stratatonic wrote:I think the designer was Henrik Lundqvist.
Who the hell is that? :D

We've had a couple designers and people influencing that but the most important people are: Ludvig Carlson, Ernst Nathorst-Böös, Marcus Zetterqvist, Pelle Jubel. And Andreas Karperyd and Mats Karlöf for devices. :reason:

Björn Henrik Lundqvist, född den 2 mars 1982 i Åre[1], är en svensk professionell ishockeymålvakt som spelar för New York Rangers i National Hockey League (NHL).

Henrik Lundqvist (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈhɛnrɪk ˈlɵndkvɪst]; born 2 March 1982) is a Swedish professional ice hockey goaltender for the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL).

Hahahahaha. Good laugh really. Googling a bit give this...

olive6741

16 May 2017

Oh ! didn't refreshed the thread. Someone said it ! Anyway all of this is funny...

Ostermilk

17 May 2017

I don't know about Henrik Lundqvist but Henrik Hansen, fictional Swedish native and CEO of Holby General Hospital in the BBC soap opera "Holby City" demoted Jak Naylor last night in a very dramatic moment.

He knows a thing or two about workflow and how to bravely implement it that's for sure. I don't know what that hospital would do without him!

As far as stereotypes go as far as I can see they are quite positive toward Swedes in the UK, often portrayed as thoughtful, intelligent, introspective, humanitarian types than can churn out stylish furniture at bargain prices, and as we all know they also make the best music related software.

:D

aftrshok99

17 May 2017

Maybe Swedes just have a different way of thinking then the rest of the world and that's why they designed the workflow like they did??? Just a thought and no disrespect to any Swedes.
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

ShawnG

18 May 2017

Interestingly enough, Henrik Lundqvist's hockey playing schedule ended for the year, just after Reason 9.5 was announced. Coincidence? i think not.

Wickline

18 May 2017

This thread is amazing lol
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

pedrocaetanos

18 May 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:
SunSetCity wrote:No, the creators of the Reason FSB were these dudes... ;)
I think you are confusing with the Polar Music Refill
That's what those dudes did :)
" Polar Music Refill " :)

stratatonic

19 May 2017

Bucky wrote:Henrik Lundqvist - New York Rangers.
I love ya, man! You join ReasonTalk one and a half years ago, and this is your very first post! Fucking awesome! :puf_bigsmile:

MattiasHG wrote:

We've had a couple designers and people influencing that but the most important people are: Ludvig Carlson, Ernst Nathorst-Böös, Marcus Zetterqvist, Pelle Jubel. And Andreas Karperyd and Mats Karlöf for devices. :reason:
Honestly? Really? As a Swede, you have no idea who Lundqvist is? o_0!!
He even played goal for Sweden in the last few Olympics and the 2006 Olympics when you guys won gold...

ShawnG wrote:Interestingly enough, Henrik Lundqvist's hockey playing schedule ended for the year, just after Reason 9.5 was announced. Coincidence? i think not.
:lol:

stratatonic

19 May 2017

normen wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:Yep, I particularly like the picture captioned "How the software is advertised".

Being a software dev myself I actually like the "how much time has to be spent" one. It shows how much work seemingly simple things can really mean because you kind of cause an avalanche of needed changes, some of which might be completely invisible but take soo much time.
I don't wear sweaters like the guy in the last one, but that's me, and that other "thing" is Reason. :mrgreen:

I wonder what those folks who have not used Reason for quite some time, and are upgrading to 9.5 for the VST, are going to think of the workflow. We may find out soon enough.

xbitz

19 May 2017

"I wonder what those folks who have not used Reason for quite some time, and are upgrading to 9.5 for the VST, are going to think of the workflow. We may find out soon enough."
distributed a progression track between Combinators(and Korde sequencers)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7501017&p=330959#p330826
there is no voice based clip sequencer in any other DAW , love it
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Ostermilk

19 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
I wonder what those folks who have not used Reason for quite some time, and are upgrading to 9.5 for the VST, are going to think of the workflow. We may find out soon enough.
Never fear, Lundqvist will make a crucial save at the last minute... :lol:

stratatonic

23 May 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Never fear, Lundqvist will make a crucial save at the last minute... :lol:
And he did! - A couple of days ago, when he led Sweden to win over Canada at the World Hockey Championship. Blew it with the Rangers so that he could play for his home country.

Oh...workflow...right...uh...needs some work.

Creativemind

24 May 2017

Yeah the Browsers could do with sync'ing as well. I sent the Props a suggestion several months ago of a button you could have in the Rack browser and the Sequencer Browser that you could, say you've browsed to a file in the sequencer and then go to the rack, different browser selection, click the SYNC button on the browser and it will Sync the Rack browser to the Sequencer browser and vice versa.

See pictures enclosed. The one at the top is a Sync Windows button on the transport. The block next to KEYS was my idea of a show / hide for the On-Screen Piano Keys whilst the On-Screen Piano Keys is still open.
Attachments
Sync Idea.jpg
Sync Idea.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Bucky

25 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Bucky wrote:Henrik Lundqvist - New York Rangers.
I love ya, man! You join ReasonTalk one and a half years ago, and this is your very first post! Fucking awesome! :puf_bigsmile:

MattiasHG wrote:

Honestly? Really? As a Swede, you have no idea who Lundqvist is? o_0!!
He even played goal for Sweden in the last few Olympics and the 2006 Olympics when you guys won gold...

ShawnG wrote:Interestingly enough, Henrik Lundqvist's hockey playing schedule ended for the year, just after Reason 9.5 was announced. Coincidence? i think not.
:lol:
Don't have much to say, but I do have a thing for Fender! Go Sens!

stratatonic

25 May 2017

Bucky wrote: Go Sens!
I may be the only one on the forum that understands that. :D
(without Googling it first...)

Ostermilk

25 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Bucky wrote: Go Sens!
I may be the only one on the forum that understands that. :D
(without Googling it first...)
Wait, but aren't you the only person on the forum (Without googling it first) that also understood who the designer was too?... :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:

OK, OK I promise I'm done with any more chain yanking or leg pulling.

(Or am I?)

ShawnG

25 May 2017

Bucky wrote:Go Pens!
FTFY

:puf_bigsmile:

• Information