REASON 9.5 OUT NOW !!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

29 May 2017

Not to be that guy but ni synths have that undesirable character to them.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

QVprod

29 May 2017

Arrant wrote::? Crashed within 10 seconds after opening my first VST (NI Massive) :shock:
Give it another try. IMassive works just fine here.

The Real Deanc2000

29 May 2017

friday wrote:
Gulale wrote: Simple. It behaves like native and the DSP bar goes sky high and audio breaks up like anything else even with higher buffer size. All in all UAD doesn't work in Reason. It is like native
OK thats super bad... so there is no DSP usage on the UAD card?

What confuses me is, that i think the SHARK and X86 CPU are a very different architecture, so that the UAD Plugins can not run on X86 CPU native?

Does somenone else have experience with UAD?

I'm on MAC OS, and UAD system working fine so far. I've got the LA2A as an insert on a Rex drum loop, and it says I have one plugin on my system, which is what it's supposed to say. I'm happy. :puf_smile:

Arrant
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

Seems to work fine here now, hopefully just an initiation scare :puf_bigsmile:

mind2069

29 May 2017

kuhliloach wrote:(works!)

Congratulations to Propellerhead Software, and yes, VST's are now in the Propellerhead shop too. :shock:
Ozone and Serum in the shop, now it makes sense why these 2 where in the vst promo video

tumar

29 May 2017

XysteR wrote:Hehe never thought I would see the day - over 20 VSTs in the props shop now. Serum, Zebra 2, Dune 2, Repro-1, Synthmaster, Diva...

It feels weird being able to use Serum and my Virus Ti2 natively in Reason. I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to have the Virus working, but my brain is melting down at the thought of using the completely awesome Virus effects within Reason.

Fooking unreal!

Sorry, Virus works in Reason only as one part (first one). No multitimbral mode. I think problem is somewhere with midi in. If you ie. combine Virus with any Reason mixer, assign Virus external outputs ("Optional audio out") to mixer channels and press "Audition" button on Virus, you can hear those patches in Reason. But you can't trigger them from Reason.

I tried with sending midi notes from Reason to M-Audio Midi Uno interface and then send them to Virus, but doesn't work. What a pity!

EDIT: Checked in Studio One. Sorry, multitimbral Virus plugin is VST3. Reason works only with 2.4 version, which is 11 years old!

"VST 3.0 came out in 2008. Changes included:
Audio Inputs for VST Instruments
Multiple MIDI inputs/outputs"

CephaloPod

29 May 2017

I have too many options now.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Oquasec

29 May 2017

emi module works with everything people.[32 bit, vst 1-3, aax]
With that being said, AN INTEGRATED VST MODULE IS A WELCOME AND LONG OVERDUE FEATURE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOR 8
Producer/Programmer.

Abstrax

29 May 2017

Wow. It cold down here in hell. Flocks of pigs flying. VST in reason. Just about the best implementation of vst in any software. Am I in the loony bin?

lzap

29 May 2017

Congrats to Props!

QVprod

29 May 2017

tumar wrote:
XysteR wrote:Hehe never thought I would see the day - over 20 VSTs in the props shop now. Serum, Zebra 2, Dune 2, Repro-1, Synthmaster, Diva...

It feels weird being able to use Serum and my Virus Ti2 natively in Reason. I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to have the Virus working, but my brain is melting down at the thought of using the completely awesome Virus effects within Reason.

Fooking unreal!

Sorry, Virus works in Reason only as one part (first one). No multitimbral mode. I think problem is somewhere with midi in. If you ie. combine Virus with any Reason mixer, assign Virus external outputs ("Optional audio out") to mixer channels and press "Audition" button on Virus, you can hear those patches in Reason. But you can't trigger them from Reason.

I tried with sending midi notes from Reason to M-Audio Midi Uno interface and then send them to Virus, but doesn't work. What a pity!

EDIT: Checked in Studio One. Sorry, multitimbral Virus plugin is VST3. Reason works only with 2.4 version, which is 11 years old!

"VST 3.0 came out in 2008. Changes included:
Audio Inputs for VST Instruments
Multiple MIDI inputs/outputs"
Actually it has nothing to do with VST 3 as a format. Reason as of now isn't able to send multi channel midi to a plugin. Most plugins are still 2.4, only a relative few are VST 3. Kontakt for example is a VST 2 plugin and works multitimbral in other daws. Also, I believe audio in as a feature with VST 3 only applies to actual instrument plugins. Some developers just release effect versions of their synths.

Iapetus 9

29 May 2017

Sweet weeping Jesus...I finally have a Korg MS20 in the rack. Funny seeing wires on both sides. Cheers!
38L > 51D every time.

Oquasec

29 May 2017

props took it the extra mile. Giving vst plugins a use, with cv.
Sure, you could already use em as they were.

Not like that.
Producer/Programmer.

stfual

07 Jun 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
Do it all! ;)

You can report bugs directly to us via bugs@propellerheads.se. It's probably also a good idea to contact VST manufacturers and say that their product is not working properly, might be something on their side. Best case scenario, they get in touch with us, get Reason and we test and improve together.
Mattias

I suggest the email dropdown on the support page needs to be updated to include VSTs. I just logged the Imageline Sakura and Morphine problems under the Re/Refill heading because there isnt an obvious one for VST. I also logged with Imageline but they havent responded on it. Probably sulking about Reason supporting VST.

• Information