So what are the first things you did/do with 9.5?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

29 May 2017

I'm working with my old songs once again and trying to make them as perfect as I can. Cockos multiband compressor (which everone should get as it's free and sounds great) is in my mastering chain. You? :puf_smile:

selig
RE Developer

29 May 2017

First thing I did was run Reaktor to make sure I wasn't dreaming…
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Stodge

29 May 2017

:shifty: Shamefully I ran NI Massive in Reason :shifty:
Windows 10 HP i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, Reason 9.5 :reason:, AKAI MPK 49, Audio Intimidation s2000 floorstanding speakers, W-Audio DA300 Amplifier
https://www.facebook.com/DJStodge/
https://soundcloud.com/dj-stodge

Oquasec

29 May 2017

Tried out the uhe plugs and omnisphere :]
Up next is kontakt [got tired of using the exe]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Djstarski

29 May 2017

I stopped myself from installing VST`s i may never use .

Data_Shrine

29 May 2017

I took screenshots of all my VST's.

Is it me or it's gonna be complicated to map Reaktor parameters ? They show up as numbers... Parameter 1, 2, 3 and so on.. I have Monark but only have Reaktor Player.

Ostermilk

29 May 2017

I made an insanely long reverb tail with a Valhalla 'verb and smiled inwardly.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 May 2017

Checked that song I wrote in the beta with an old favourite VST of mine a couple of weeks ago—despite knowing full well never to do that !—still loaded.

(It did... and yes, I had done a load of bounces just in case :lol: )

aburazaru

29 May 2017

deepndark wrote:I'm working with my old songs once again and trying to make them as perfect as I can. Cockos multiband compressor (which everone should get as it's free and sounds great) is in my mastering chain. You? :puf_smile:
This... immediately after spending time to sort out my VST directories and screen shots I loaded up some of my favorites and jammed some FabFilter stuff along with Ozone in the master channel. I used to export to .wav and finish in Ozone standalone, and now... it's right in the rack! SO GOOD and ran flawlessly! After that, I fired up some of the tracks from the "build me" folder, haha. Serum and Kontakt are running hard!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

EnochLight

29 May 2017

I loaded up Sonic Charge Microtonic, Permut8, Synplant, and Echobode (VST) into Reason's rack, hit play, and started to weep uncontrollably.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

orignaloriginale

29 May 2017

Omnisphere 2, my world is complete now...

EsotericSound

29 May 2017

During the Beta, the first thing I did was try out Reaktor...and I was not disappointed. :D

Now that it's release, the first thing I did was compare U-He's Satin with the tape settings of Audiomatic and Scream. I wanted to see how they compared in the master bus during a sample mix phase. While I love Audiomatic and Scream, I think I'll be picking up Satin.

EsotericSound

29 May 2017

Data_Shrine wrote:I took screenshots of all my VST's.

Is it me or it's gonna be complicated to map Reaktor parameters ? They show up as numbers... Parameter 1, 2, 3 and so on.. I have Monark but only have Reaktor Player.
For Reaktor, yes it will get complicated because of how the parameters display. However, other VSTs will display their parameters different. SEM V, for example, tells you exactly what the parameters is.

atitlan

29 May 2017

Introduced Arturia Synclavier to Synchronous and Garritan Personal Orchestra to Scales and Chords. Took snapshots of all VSTs and disabled some I'm not likely to use in Reason.

Next thing I'm likely to do is sort out a new default template.

Data_Shrine

29 May 2017

I'm just glad it can still work. Will be worth it, I suppose the device can be saved when mapped properly.

Wavestation X/Y can be modulated by CV.. Dear me, I'm starting to hyperventilate...!! :shock:

MrMeeseeks

29 May 2017

Always missed having a good electric lead guitar in reason which put me off developing songs in reason now I have my realstrat and guitar rig, musically my tools are now complete

Gorgon

29 May 2017

Started D16 Phoscyon, saw that it worked. Then I fired up Octorex and added Stutter Edit. Works like a charm.

Then Reaktor (Razor), works as well. Flawlessly, and low CPU use.

But is it just me or is 8 CV's a bit short?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ahornberg

29 May 2017

I checked out 2CAudio Kaleidoscope and got it working :geek:, see viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7501355

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

I loaded old z3ta+ and find out, that I don't see it, I can only browse patches :(

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Gorgon

29 May 2017

deepndark wrote:I'm working with my old songs once again and trying to make them as perfect as I can. Cockos multiband compressor (which everone should get as it's free and sounds great) is in my mastering chain. You? :puf_smile:
I must congratulate you Heikki, finally a topic with a question from you that makes sense. ;)
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gorgon

29 May 2017

gullum wrote:I loaded a song I'm working on and it sounds exactly the same as yesterday :D
LOL! :thumbs_up:

Does it have the Reason sound? I swear I could hear the Reason sound in Reaktor now. :puf_bigsmile:

kuhliloach

29 May 2017

Native Instruments

Oquasec

29 May 2017

Sforzando...surprised me a bit.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information