Reason License Swap

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Howl

10 Jul 2017

Hi folks, I hope this is ok to post here.

I just finished college and completed my usual post college iMac tidy up, which usually involves cleaning up the hard drive etc. This time I decided to upgrade to OSX Sierra in order to use some other software that required it. Unfortunately I didn't realise Reason 7 isn't compatible with Sierra. Doh! I know, I should have checked first. Logic Pro X has been my preferred DAW over the past 4 years as I was working with video a lot. However, the Reason 9.5 demo has got me interested again.

I'm just putting this out here in case anyone is interested.... would anyone like to do a license swap? Your Reason 9/9.5 for my version 6.5/7? There'd be a financial incentive for you of course. Someone may be dissatisfied with their version...but I doubt it haha! I'm pretty broke and can't justify the full upgrade price at the moment. Anyway, its worth a try. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!
Rack Extensions: Kuassa Vermillion & Creme, ART, Synchronous, & all the free stuff.

AttenuationHz

10 Jul 2017

Howl wrote:
10 Jul 2017

I just finished college and completed my usual post college iMac tidy up, which usually involves cleaning up the hard drive etc. This time I decided to upgrade to OSX Sierra in order to use some other software that required it. Unfortunately I didn't realise Reason 7 isn't compatible with Sierra. Doh! I know, I should have checked first. Logic Pro X has been my preferred DAW over the past 4 years as I was working with video a lot. However, the Reason 9.5 demo has got me interested again.

I'm just putting this out here in case anyone is interested.... would anyone like to do a license swap? Your Reason 9/9.5 for my version 6.5/7? There'd be a financial incentive for you of course. Someone may be dissatisfied with their version...but I doubt it haha! I'm pretty broke and can't justify the full upgrade price at the moment. Anyway, its worth a try. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!
Anyone who has a Reason 9 licence most likely has 7 also. Just upgrade to 9.5 from 7.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Howl

10 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Howl wrote:
10 Jul 2017

Thanks!
Anyone who has a Reason 9 licence most likely has 7 also. Just upgrade to 9.5 from 7.
Cool, thanks man! I'll just pop out to the garden and pull a few dolla' bills off my money tree. Sarcasm aside, it's not unheard of. I was inspired to ask based on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7502165&p=341811&hi ... ap#p341811
Rack Extensions: Kuassa Vermillion & Creme, ART, Synchronous, & all the free stuff.

AttenuationHz

10 Jul 2017

Howl wrote:
10 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Jul 2017

Cool, thanks man! I'll just pop out to the garden and pull a few dolla' bills off my money tree. Sarcasm aside, it's not unheard of. I was inspired to ask based on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7502165&p=341811&hi ... ap#p341811
Well what were you offering for the licence its €129 to upgrade!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Get a job.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Sorry. That wasn't very nice. I apologize.

But basically, you are asking strangers to subsidize your lifestyle.

Ostermilk

10 Jul 2017

It probably seemed worth asking being as someone was recently asking to go from 9.5 to 7, as noted in the above link.

I guess it's unlikely but stranger things have been known to happen on this board... ;)

Otherwise if there's no dollar bills on that money tree then I reckon it's time to chop it up into kindling and sell that.

Heater

10 Jul 2017

You can downgrade from Sierra.

Gaja

10 Jul 2017

Cheers!
Fredhoven

Howl

10 Jul 2017

Gaja wrote:
10 Jul 2017
viewtopic.php?t=7502165
Thank you Gaja but Mati had already done a deal with someone before I had a chance to contact him.

Howl

10 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Sorry. That wasn't very nice. I apologize.

But basically, you are asking strangers to subsidize your lifestyle.
I have a job Jonheal. And I subsidise my income by teaching drums. I made a proposition that people may or may not be interested in. I didn't ask for a handout or a freebie. I apologise if what I am proposing is unclear.

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Well ... I'm an asshole, sometimes. Sorry.

Howl

10 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
No worries chief. :thumbs_up:

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

A problem you are going to have is that any registered user can download any previous version of Reason. If someone is unhappy with 9.5, they can shelve it and go back to 8 or 7 or whatever until such a point in time that they feel they want to try 9.5 again. Or upgrade to an even newer version.

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/updates

There is no incentive to sell 9.5 just to go back to an earlier version.

Howl

10 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
A problem you are going to have is that any registered user can download any previous version of Reason. If someone is unhappy with 9.5, they can shelve it and go back to 8 or 7 or whatever until such a point in time that they feel they want to try 9.5 again. Or upgrade to an even newer version.

There is no incentive to sell 9.5 just to go back to an earlier version.
Hmmm ok. I thought you could only go back to the version that you originally purchased. So for example, if someone first bought Reason 8 they can't downgrade to Reason 7. But I may have misunderstood that. Either way I knew it'd be highly unlikely that someone would want to downgrade but I thought I'd give it a shot thinking someone might not require the features of versions 8 or 9.

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

I'm assuming you can go back to them. They are there for the download.

I guess maybe it would depend upon having valid license numbers/registration codes for particular versions. If a user skipped version(s), they might not be able to install a paid version they skipped as they wouldn't have a license number/registration code for it.

A sucker like me can go back to whatever because I pony up for every paid update. :)
Last edited by jonheal on 10 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

AttenuationHz

10 Jul 2017

You can have any version of reason installed provided you have the licence! Upgraded lenience's do not void previous license. Provided you have the install file of course.

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Actually, looking a little more closely at the items in that link I posted, I see they are mostly "udpates." The "originals" of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are not there.

Gorgon

11 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Well that's no problem. Bit of a hypocrite though, because you have this tendency to comment on others doing the same thing.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gorgon

11 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Actually, looking a little more closely at the items in that link I posted, I see they are mostly "udpates." The "originals" of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are not there.
You can not go back to a version you've never had a license for. So mine starts with 4.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Oquasec

11 Jul 2017

How would propellerhead be feeling if someone got the reason versions through this link?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jonheal

11 Jul 2017

Gorgon wrote:
11 Jul 2017
jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Well that's no problem. Bit of a hypocrite though, because you have this tendency to comment on others doing the same thing.
Yes. Hypocrite. Guilty as charged.

jonheal

11 Jul 2017

Gorgon wrote:
11 Jul 2017
jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
You can not go back to a version you've never had a license for. So mine starts with 4.
I figured that ... after I saw the files at the link were only updates.
Last edited by jonheal on 11 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

jonheal

11 Jul 2017

Oquasec wrote:
11 Jul 2017
How would propellerhead be feeling if someone got the reason versions through this link?
Well, it's their page. But as has now been noted. The files there are not full installers. Only updaters.

jonheal

11 Jul 2017

Oquasec wrote:
11 Jul 2017
Well, it's their page. But as has now been noted. The files there are not full installers. Only updaters. I guess it's no different than any other developer. I don't think you can march over to Microsoft.com and download Office 97.

I suppose most developers would prefer to have the most recent versions of their stuff in circulation to limit support issues.

• Information