pops and clicks after win 10 upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thotbott

13 Jul 2017

so i upgraded to win 10 and installed an extra 8gig of ram, updated my drivers and all my asio4all drivers, ye now ever since doing so i get pops and clicks on the audio on the asio4all. if i change to the dxsound driver its fine, jsut cant record in through my card then. anyone got any tips or suggestions to what it might be? sorry i dont have more info on it, i wish i knew where to start/go from here

AttenuationHz

13 Jul 2017

Reinstall windows 10 clean install. I dunno!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

EnochLight

13 Jul 2017

thotbott wrote:
13 Jul 2017
so i upgraded to win 10 and installed an extra 8gig of ram, updated my drivers and all my asio4all drivers, ye now ever since doing so i get pops and clicks on the audio on the asio4all. if i change to the dxsound driver its fine, jsut cant record in through my card then. anyone got any tips or suggestions to what it might be? sorry i dont have more info on it, i wish i knew where to start/go from here
Asio4all are unofficial, 3rd-party drivers written by an open-source collective. They're often buggy with infrequent updates, and if you've gotten them to work at all without issue in the past, consider yourself one of the fortunate, IMHO.

If you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest asio4all drivers, and are still having issues, I'd also recommend trying a clean install of Windows 10. Either that, or buy a proper audio interface and dump that integrated audio stuff. There's a plethora of affordable options out there for very little money.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

4filegate

13 Jul 2017

1. In the BIOS, the memory frequency is set to AUTO and it's detecting?

2. You can check your PC/laptop's memory usage in Windows Task Manager. Simply right click the taskbar and select Task Manager
Then, in Task Manager's performance tab, see how much memory is being used out of the total available. You'll also see how many physical memory slots are in use and, thus, how many are available for adding more memory.

3. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html Check SPD tab the same type + actual speed of RAM timings
Ram runs as fast as the slowest module. It is best to match ram, but if you cannot; install slow module first before the reboot with faster module
(should be able to run at the slower)

turn off your PC/laptop and unplug the power adapter / Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds?
Ground Yourself to Avoid Electrostatic Discharge
Before you touch any component in your PC/laptop, though, touch any metal surface inside the computer
(e.g., the back of the hard drive or a metal connector for another component).
This will discharge any potentially damaging static electricity from your body.

thotbott

13 Jul 2017

its a roland quad capture and tried it with a fireface as well and sill has a few pops every few sec, will try the cpuid thing in the morning, ty for the help guys

EnochLight

13 Jul 2017

thotbott wrote:
13 Jul 2017
its a roland quad capture and tried it with a fireface as well and sill has a few pops every few sec, will try the cpuid thing in the morning, ty for the help guys
The Roland Quad Capture has official Windows 10 drivers (VER.1.5.2) - why are you using ASIO4ALL with it? That said, Roland recommends using it with Intel chip sets. You're not on an AMD build, are you?

Also, make sure it's in a USB 2.0 port and not on an expansion card.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 590851f2a/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kuhliloach

14 Jul 2017

Have you tried changing the latency slider in ASIO4ALL? Doing so in just Reason might not work. Did you try 256 or 512 samples in ASIO4ALL? You might also need to de-select unneeded resources within ASIO4ALL if they are selected.

4filegate

14 Jul 2017

thotbott wrote:
13 Jul 2017
so i upgraded to win 10
maybe it's time to upgrade! Upgrade? ... Build? build! Click Windows key+R Type "winver" in the textbox, and pressing Enter. This should show Windows Version and Build.

Any computer owner can evaluate his or her individual system. https://www.maxon.net/en-us/products/cinebench/

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2017

I'm on Windows 10 and I use ASIO4ALL only when I need to record samples from my mic, the version I use is 2.13, I don't have any clicks or pops with it, the sample rate is set to 512 samples and as someone else pointed out, I do only have selected the devices I'm actually using (with my laptop I have 3 internal sound devices and 1 Blue Yeti external one)..

One options which might be worth playing with is under Speaker Properties Advanced tab (This is from Windows Playback devices ).
" Allow application to take exclusive control of this device", if you don't have this set maybe it's worth setting it and the option below it which gives priority over exclusive devices.

AttenuationHz

14 Jul 2017

↑↑ As a side note - not related to clicks but windows sounds to work when reason is open. Be sure that the sample rate in reason and the sample rate/bit depth in properties/advanced tab on the device is the same as reasons sample rate.

Might be worth reinstalling the device also.

Safely remove the device from task bar and unplug USB or whatever is connected.
Right click computer if its on your desktop > Manage - Or windows key and R type mmc compmgmt.msc in the run box and press enter > Go to device manager find the sound card right click and uninstall. Plug it back in.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information