Quick question regarding Reason Essentials

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
xzsone

29 Aug 2017

Hello everyone, first post here.

Just stopping by to ask about the features I get access to by purchasing the most basic Reason license.

Other than the ability to open projects, export music and such, I want to know if, coming from the Reason demo, I would lose any of the instruments, effects, sounds etc. that I have access to in the demo version. I have worked with this repertoire of kits and instruments for around a month now, and I'm starting to like it.

I am eager to continue producing music with Reason, but I am worried that the few projects I have saved when working with the demo version are going to be stripped of their elements because they are not included in the Essentials version of Reason. To my understanding, the Reason demo allows you to use all of its features, making me worry about purchasing the Essential version only to find out I am left with half of the stuff I once worked with.

I hope to have made my question clear, and I am keen to find out the answer to this!

Thanks in advance,
xzs :puf_bigsmile:

Marketblandings

29 Aug 2017

Good News!

I did 2 full years on Essentials before getting the Full Meal Deal. I wanted to reduce the learning curve. Also, I have always found a restricted number of choices for everything is actually pretty inspiring! This was one of my best ideas ever, since there was still TONS and TONS of things to learn (and choices to choose) with Essentials. More than 2 years worth.

Everything transferred beautifully when I finally upgraded - with the exception of losing Line 6 guitar amps. But Propellerheads and Line 6 got divorced and this loss hit everyone no matter what version.

You will lose things done in DEMO mode. No way around that AFAIK.

I missed having an EQ spectral analyzer and no gates on the channel strip..... but none of that slowed me down.
Enjoy!
xzsone wrote:
29 Aug 2017
Hello everyone, first post here.

Just stopping by to ask about the features I get access to by purchasing the most basic Reason license.

Other than the ability to open projects, export music and such, I want to know if, coming from the Reason demo, I would lose any of the instruments, effects, sounds etc. that I have access to in the demo version. I have worked with this repertoire of kits and instruments for around a month now, and I'm starting to like it.

I am eager to continue producing music with Reason, but I am worried that the few projects I have saved when working with the demo version are going to be stripped of their elements because they are not included in the Essentials version of Reason. To my understanding, the Reason demo allows you to use all of its features, making me worry about purchasing the Essential version only to find out I am left with half of the stuff I once worked with.

I hope to have made my question clear, and I am keen to find out the answer to this!

Thanks in advance,
xzs :puf_bigsmile:

Marketblandings

29 Aug 2017

You know, I may have read your post wrongly.
I thought that you can't move any of your demos to Essentials (or full) because they don't save......
I pretty sure you will have to re-build them.
And Essentials probably doesn't have all you _might_ have had in DEMO if DEMO is just a non-saving FULL version.
My apologies if I brain-farted this.
There are lists available of what's _not_ in Essentials compared to Full. You could see if you could live with that list.

Sorped

29 Aug 2017

Here is a list of differences:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... entials-9/

Also, Reason Essentials only recognize the file-format .ree, where as files made in Reason 9 (which should be the type you've saved from the demo) are .rsn (IIrc)
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

xzsone

29 Aug 2017

Marketblandings wrote:
29 Aug 2017
I thought that you can't move any of your demos to Essentials (or full) because they don't save......
And Essentials probably doesn't have all you _might_ have had in DEMO if DEMO is just a non-saving FULL version.
There are lists available of what's _not_ in Essentials compared to Full. You could see if you could live with that list.
Right... If the demo version is actually full Reason with minor inconveniences (no exporting/opening projects) then Essentials is bound to be stripped of a big chunk of features.
I understood where you were coming from in the previous post, thanks for your answer.
Sorped wrote:
29 Aug 2017

Also, Reason Essentials only recognize the file-format .ree, where as files made in Reason 9 (which should be the type you've saved from the demo) are .rsn (IIrc)
The project files I have saved are .reason. These are from the demo of course.

Sorped

29 Aug 2017

xzsone wrote:
29 Aug 2017
Marketblandings wrote:
29 Aug 2017
Right... If the demo version is actually full Reason with minor inconveniences (no exporting/opening projects) then Essentials is bound to be stripped of a big chunk of features.
I understood where you were coming from in the previous post, thanks for your answer.
Sorped wrote:
29 Aug 2017

The project files I have saved are .reason. These are from the demo of course.
Ah yes, .reason. These will of course work should you get the full version, but unfortunately not with Essentials.
-----------

xzsone

30 Aug 2017

Well thats that then. If i can't even get Kong on Essentials then I probably won't buy it... Thanks for your help guys.

Sorped

30 Aug 2017

xzsone wrote:
30 Aug 2017
Well thats that then. If i can't even get Kong on Essentials then I probably won't buy it... Thanks for your help guys.
Keep in mind they do sometimes have the upgrade from Essentials to full version on offer, I saved €130 iIrc in may.

Maybe you won't have Kong from the start but at least you can always add it when you get the full version plus there are other drum-tools available as REs!
-----------

alexalex

26 Sep 2017

Sorped wrote:
29 Aug 2017

You can use https://www.filetypeadvisor.com/ to know exactly the format of your file. Hope it helps you. Good luck!

• Information