How do you make a matrix pattern sequencer start upon note trigger?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
markhansaven

30 Aug 2017

Hey there,

I've been using Reason since version 3.0 and I'm just recently getting deeper into using the CVs.

What I'm wondering is, if I create a combinator and throw in a subtractor synth with a matrix pattern sequencer for example, how do I make the sequencer start every time I press a key on my keyboard? I believe I've seen this done with combinator patches in the past, but I could be mistaken...

Rason

31 Aug 2017

Hi. I may be wrong and not sure what you are after, but can it be the case that you saw someone pressing spacebar ? :D Probably not, since you've been on R since 3.0. If you explain your target little bit ..?

Vince-Noir-99

31 Aug 2017

It seems Matrix's play is not open to CTL signals... So I can only think of using Thor's sequencer for that, by routing MIDI Key, Gate > Step Sequencer, Trig, making sure the sequencer is set to Repeat, 1-shot or Step.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2017

Add a Matrix and a SubTractor (or Thor or plenty of other devices) to a combinator.
Set the Mod Env to 0=Attack/Decay/Release, Set Sustain to full.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.09 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Take the Mod env out to the combi CV in and set it to unipolar
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.45 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
From the combi programmer, set the Matrix Mod to CV > Pattern Enable >0 >1
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.52 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Set the Matrix to play (or from the combi set the "Run Pattern Devices"), wire up the gate and cv to another device if that device is in the same combi then remember to turn off "Receive Notes" etc.

That should do it.

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Information