Pole: Reason 10 Upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you be upgrading to 10?

Yes
61%
No
24%
Unsure beta test first!
15%

Total votes: 275

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
24 Sep 2017

Oh it resets it. Well I can't vote then 'cause I won't be beta testing it as I'm not on 9 yet and I haven't made my mind up. I will be demo'ing 10.
Don't think you have to be on the latest version to beta test newest versions. You just sign up and they email a download link. https://www.propellerheads.se/betatest/sign-up/

You can also demo it as the Beta's are not complete and performance is always dirt because of logging. But you will pretty much get the idea of what is what from beta.
"The beta testing is open to owners of Reason 9 or Reason Essentials 9." This was on the website

FLVZ

25 Sep 2017

tronam wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Propellerhead can do no right. Over the past 4-5 years users have been complaining about the lack of brand new instruments and content included in Reason upgrades, but when they deliver on that front a whole new army of complainers come out of the woodwork. PH have a good track record of providing meaningful point releases after major upgrades, so I fully expect further workflow improvements and performance optimization moving forward.
Precisely!! In recent times we've had players introduced, more efficient layout implemented, pitch edit added, pdc added, vst intergration added. Each of the last few versions have been hard to ignore. This upgrade is legit, and you're getting value for money for sure. To insist workflow enhancements won't happen is ignorant. Props have been covering bases for the last few years and I think they are moving pretty fast because I'm sure we haven't all mastered the new features from recent versions yet we're quick on the draw asking foh moh :lol:

Creativemind

25 Sep 2017

Pretty sure you do, you have to be on 9.5 to beta test 10. Read somewhere on here, someone posted they wanted to sign up to beta and on the Propellerhead site, it said must be on Reason 9 as he said he was and it wouldn't let him. Someone replied, the beta probably wasn't active yet. Might have been on KVR Forum actually.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Nick Pa

25 Sep 2017

tronam wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Propellerhead can do no right. Over the past 4-5 years users have been complaining about the lack of brand new instruments and content included in Reason upgrades, but when they deliver on that front a whole new army of complainers come out of the woodwork. PH have a good track record of providing meaningful point releases after major upgrades, so I fully expect further workflow improvements and performance optimization moving forward.

I'm guilty as charged as a new complainer. But what if I never complained before other than asking for Recycle to be intergrated ? I hear both sides of the fence. I just happen to be on the side that has all the sounds I want and am looking for new features...and maybe a mixer & compressor upgrade :P

Despondo
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2017

Should be Poll, not Pole.... ;-)

AttenuationHz

25 Sep 2017

Despondo wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Should be Poll, not Pole.... ;-)
What can I say I'm lexdystic.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Faastwalker

25 Sep 2017

Completely underwhelmed by 10. However I like the look of Grain & I wanted to get Radical Piano anyway. So that's worth the upgrade price for me ........ if Grain turns out to be as interesting as it looks. Then there's Europa, which looks okay as well. Will most likely buy so I voted 'yes'.

Faxxer

26 Sep 2017

Got the ok to upgrade from the wife....
Though Im in thick water..Just bought a Korg Kronos, an RTS Producer Desk, a nice synth stand, butt seat for fat guys, AND the Kronos Hard shell case!!! So reason 10 is the ultimate icing on the cake. woot!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Tumble

26 Sep 2017

No.

I need workflow improvements, not more instruments. Will we see that in 10.x? Maybe, but I'm not gonna spend 129€ on what would effectively amount to gambling.

alex

26 Sep 2017

GeiddE wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Yes
Because reason makes me very happy
I double quote that! :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

starflakeprj wrote:
23 Sep 2017
gluepet wrote:
23 Sep 2017
I upgraded to 9.5 in August - and I would've gotten reason 10 for the same upgrade price if I had waited until Sep 1? Seems lame.
I'm sure Propellehead would be accommodating if you emailed them regarding this matter.
Unfortunately, that's a no. Shot them an email last night to see if there was any wiggle room. I've had the awesome luck of buying 8.3 just before the bundled offer with a free upgrade to 9 and then upgraded to 9.5 during the End of Summer sale right before the bundled offer with free upgrade to 10. :lol:

per-anders

26 Sep 2017

alex wrote:
26 Sep 2017
GeiddE wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Yes
Fundamentally this. Reason may have many faults and failings. It may need workflow and performance fixes. But it’s still the most fun DAW for me right now. $129 for a bunch of instruments and whatever else they come up with this cycle is a bargain.

kitekrazy

26 Sep 2017

Well I upgraded every version and 4-5, 7-8, were not in the WOW factor so why should I stop now.

GeiddE

27 Sep 2017

Molte Grazi
:puf_wink:
alex wrote:
26 Sep 2017
GeiddE wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Yes

yamguitar

27 Sep 2017

I'll get the update, but... I already frequently find the sheer volume of sonic possibilities with Reason utterly daunting (daunting in a good way, of course, but still), and I habitually wind up spending an hour auditioning kick drums and synth patches instead of making any music. I appreciate all the shiny new instruments, but I would have been significantly more excited just to see a good marker system for the timeline. I agree with whomever said this could have just been a bundle of REs at a special price rather than a full new version. Maybe there will be a lot of less sexy but much more useful workflow enhancements actually included that just didn't make the splash video? I definitely think it's cool that the props are trying to keep the tool selection up-to-date, competitive, and useful, I just think these additions seem like they should have been the icing on the cake rather than the whole meal.

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2017

No.. I'm waiting for 10.x or 11 for improvement to the core app (and a better audio tracks management)
I'm happy with the 9.5.2 at the moment..
No need new sounds at all

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Lov2sing

27 Sep 2017

I always upgrade just because they always have things they do not not mentioned; however I wish they would let me choose a single PH RE of my choice being I own the ones they are giving away.
We make music for a reason

Creativemind

27 Sep 2017

pquenin wrote:
24 Sep 2017
I think PH have gone the wrong way with this "content upgrade". I like new devices but a new version of Reason must bring improvments in the core app.
I more and more tempted by Studio One...
Definitely. There's nothing wrong with new devices and Europa and Grain look fantastic but to base the whole update on nothing but content when there's so many functionality improvements we could do with, it's silly. Anyone saying, well there will be point updates, even so, I'm getting a little tired of continuously waiting for some easily fixable small workflow tweaks. So it'll be the new year before I can expect any workflow tweaks or enhancements? Jeez. That's if none do actually come with Reason 10 from the get go. I have been waiting though since 2012 (6.5) for some really simple midi editing features lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

AttenuationHz

27 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2017
pquenin wrote:
24 Sep 2017
I think PH have gone the wrong way with this "content upgrade". I like new devices but a new version of Reason must bring improvments in the core app.
I more and more tempted by Studio One...
Definitely. There's nothing wrong with new devices and Europa and Grain look fantastic but to base the whole update on nothing but content when there's so many functionality improvements we could do with, it's silly. Anyone saying, well there will be point updates, even so, I'm getting a little tired of continuously waiting for some easily fixable small workflow tweaks. So it'll be the new year before I can expect any workflow tweaks or enhancements? Jeez. That's if none do actually come with Reason 10 from the get go. I have been waiting though since 2012 (6.5) for some really simple midi editing features lol!
You never know there may well be some improvements that have yet to be announced we've all gotten our knickers in a bit of a twist about the whole thing when they neither confirmed or denied if workflow enhancements or new features will be included in the update. Hindsight... :)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ahornberg

27 Sep 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2017

You never know there may well be some improvements that have yet to be announced we've all gotten our knickers in a bit of a twist about the whole thing when they neither confirmed or denied if workflow enhancements or new features will be included in the update. Hindsight... :)
+1

EdGrip

27 Sep 2017

I'm probably gonna skip this one unless either
- point releases are a big deal, or
- someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

brand

27 Sep 2017

I intend to upgrade. I can agree with the various comments on workflow, UI, etc. But come on, this looks well worthwhile.
Plus, hoping to catch the live stream on Europa.... :geek:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2017

I already answered yes in the poll before. After watching the live stream video on Europa from Propellerhead I'm even more sure now.

YES! I will upgrade.

• Information