Translation help: German for Propellerhead

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OldGoat

27 Sep 2017

I just recognized that Propellerhead tried to translate tiny parts of their Reason 10 announcement to the language that is configured in the User Profile (or to the language that is sent by the browser, I have not tested this).
However "Was neu ist" is not really to correct translation for "What's new", because no one would say it that way, a better translation is "Was ist neu" with or without a question mark.

"Kaufe Reason" is also not correct, it is more the "Imperative mood" without an exclamation mark , "Kaufe Reason! Verhalte Dich ruhig! Gehorche dem Meister!" (Buy Reason! Keep calm! Obey the master!"), "Reason kaufen" would be correct here.

Gaja

27 Sep 2017

Actually I don’t fully agree on the translations being incorrect (but do agree with your proposed changes). „Was neu ist“ is a confident statement explaining that new stuff is being announced. It’s grammatically correct and more of a matter of preference.
„Kaufe Reason“ is also correct actually, as it is the correct imperative grammar. However I agree that it does feel like an order and that „Reason Kaufen“ seems more like a kind offer of possibility.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Ahornberg

27 Sep 2017

Maybe send an email to Propellerhead :puf_wink:

theshoemaker

27 Sep 2017

Agreed, everything is fine with the translations. "Was ist neu" implies a question, "Was neu ist" a statement. Grammar is both correct. Maybe the syntax is off. But besides that, it's more for marketing that for propper German. "Was neu ist" is more powerfull and presents the user a fact, not a unknown thing ...
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

27 Sep 2017

Yoda says: Neu in Reason ist?!
Reason12, Win10

Ahornberg

27 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Yoda says: Neu in Reason ist?!
and: kaufen Reason du musst :puf_bigsmile:

4filegate

27 Sep 2017

REASON wird nie müde, schläft nie ein, ist vor dem Chef im Geschäft + schneidet schweißfrei.
REASON never gets tired, never falls asleep, at work before the boss comes in + to cut, made me not break out in a sweat.

Ahornberg

27 Sep 2017

Swenson - Ericson - Reason :roll:

satyr32

27 Sep 2017

"Einzelheiten anzeigen" for "Show details" is also clunky. Also it should not say "Teste", but "Testen", same imperativ problem as "Kaufe Reason".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Ahornberg

27 Sep 2017

I think the Props should translate the word "Reason" into German too ...

• Information