having authorizer issues - need help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
decibel

28 Sep 2017

yesterday i purchased the new chambertron re and after i clicked the download button and was directed to open authorizer option which i did, i was confronted with the error message that is featured in the attached screenshot. the problem is that my internet is working fine, i have plenty of disc space. i have purchased other re's recently and have had zero dramas downloading and authorizing the licenses so im not sure whats going wrong now ?
customer support have already sugested that i delete both reason and the authorizer and re download and install both but i am having trouble deleting authorizer completely and it seems to keep coming back to life like a zombie application. so what i would like some help with is can anybody here tell me all the potential locations on my system (mac running sierra osx) where there will be parts of the authorizer app that need deleting to make the deleting of the app as thorough as possible ? and if there is any other files i should consider deleting also to ensure that when i re install everything it will be as clean as possible ?

much thanks in advance to anybody who can offer advice, as things are right now i cant even update licenses which means i cant use any of my large collection of RE's so im pretty unhappy with propellerhead company right now yeah.not much i can do right now but try my best to get things back to normal while i wait for customer support to get their shit together.
Attachments
22091454_1443329739069270_1782917148_n.png
22091454_1443329739069270_1782917148_n.png (125.71 KiB) Viewed 1532 times

Loque

28 Sep 2017

I sometimes experience problems after a windows update. What helps in 99% of all cases is reinstall the authorizer: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -download/

If that does not help, check your firewall.
Reason12, Win10

decibel

28 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
28 Sep 2017
I sometimes experience problems after a windows update. What helps in 99% of all cases is reinstall the authorizer: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -download/

If that does not help, check your firewall.
yeah thanks loque, i already disabled firewalls, vpn etc. but what im having trouble with at the moment is properly deleting authorizer from my system. its like theres still a part of it somewhere that im missing when i try to delete the app ? thats why i am asking if anybody here knows where all the parts of the app are hidden on a mac ?

Loque

28 Sep 2017

It looks like you are on Mac, i dont have a Mac. But on Windows you may need to "Uninstall" it properly or at least stop the service so the executable can be deleted. A simple re-install should work.
Reason12, Win10

decibel

28 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
28 Sep 2017
It looks like you are on Mac, i dont have a Mac. But on Windows you may need to "Uninstall" it properly or at least stop the service so the executable can be deleted. A simple re-install should work.
yeah im on a mac, usually just going into application/application support/preferences folders etc and removing all traces of the app to the trash is good enough to remove it completely before attempting to re install fresh but it seems i am overlooking something because the authorizer keeps coming back from the dead without me even re installing it ? propellerhead support havent been very helpful at this stage , just offering lazy suggestions for things i have already tried, its frustrating as fuck and its making me hate propelerheads even though i know all apps have these hicups etc.

so anyway, im still lost as too where there is other traces of the authorizer app hidden in the system that need to be removed so if anybody here who is a mac wizard has any suggestions ? please let me know yeah ;) cheers

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

how did you solve this ? im having authorizer troubles too, and im on a mac, it would be great if you shared how you solved this problem, even i would like to completely uninstall reason and do a fresh install.

OddtechAudio

11 Dec 2020

I also had issues with authoriser this week, I logged into my account synced my RE's and then they all disappeared from within reason, I was told that I had missing RE's even though they were visible in the authorizer list as installed.

I eventually deleted them all from this folder: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/RackExtensions

(You have to hold down ALT and click GO from the Finder menu's to be able to access the folder as its hidden)

Then reinstalled them by syncing via authorizer again.

A big inconvenience but solved the issue for me.

Hope this helps.

• Information