Graphics update seems to be around the corner

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

28 Sep 2017

Check out the pictures of Arkana and TS-1. Both clearly higher resolution than older REs

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... lar-synth/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... me-slider/

miscend

28 Sep 2017

Well they didn't announce anything for version 10. Who knows.

Loque

28 Sep 2017

Hum...we will see. In the video of R10 something looked sharper too. AFAIK the graphics for RE are already stored or provided in hires.

If we receive a gfx update in any case, hopefully the ppl dont start crying about performance. As long as Reason uses proprietary painting, higher resolution would noticeably decrease performance.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

28 Sep 2017

As many may already know, REs have been developed in "high resolution" since day one, over 4x the current Reason resolution.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

28 Sep 2017

The JPEGs in the shop on recent releases are indeed a higher resolution. But I'm unsure if that means anything for R10.

chimp_spanner

28 Sep 2017

Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe it's more to do with how they're rendered for store purposes as opposed to how they'll actually appear in R10?

Exowildebeest

28 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
28 Sep 2017
As many may already know, REs have been developed in "high resolution" since day one, over 4x the current Reason resolution.
And the devs supply the JPEGs for the shop, right? At the least the shop now supports higher resolution JPEG renders, as the recent releases show.
chimp_spanner wrote:
28 Sep 2017
Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe it's more to do with how they're rendered for store purposes as opposed to how they'll actually appear in R10?
It is an odd coincidence though that these high res renders appear at this moment...

selig
RE Developer

28 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
28 Sep 2017
selig wrote:
28 Sep 2017
And the devs supply the JPEGs for the shop, right? At the least the shop now supports higher resolution JPEG renders, as the recent releases show.
chimp_spanner wrote:
28 Sep 2017
It is an odd coincidence though that these high res renders appear at this moment...
The change in the Prop Shop is many months old now - any change is "an odd coincidence" when they happen! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

stp2015

28 Sep 2017

Same for red rock sounds new RE: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-limiter/

Cant wait to see some gems in hd, like the primal audio filters, for example :)

Let's see what happens :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

28 Sep 2017

Indeed, as selig noted, the change in the shop happened a few months ago to allow higher resolution images (though it's a different resolution to REs). A more recent addition, however, is that updates to shop pages seem to now require us to replace old 754px images to use this c.1600px resolution, or page changes can't be saved. So you will find pages for products that haven't required updating will still be the old format. For example, to date, I've only updated three devices, page edits of which came under the new submission rule.

Whether this ties in to a higher resolution in Reason... considering I'd been expected it in R7, and I was sure it would be in R8, and I recall telling people it must definitely come in R9... and that for R10 it was a dead fucking cert, I think I should stick to using Nostromo than being Nostrodamus ;)

(10.1. Absolutely 10.1...)

stp2015

28 Sep 2017

This is what I want REs and native devices to look like :)

https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index ... 4459;image

Exowildebeest

28 Sep 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Sep 2017
Indeed, as selig noted, the change in the shop happened a few months ago to allow higher resolution images (though it's a different resolution to REs). A more recent addition, however, is that updates to shop pages seem to now require us to replace old 754px images to use this c.1600px resolution, or page changes can't be saved. So you will find pages for products that haven't required updating will still be the old format. For example, to date, I've only updated three devices, page edits of which came under the new submission rule.

Whether this ties in to a higher resolution in Reason... considering I'd been expected it in R7, and I was sure it would be in R8, and I recall telling people it must definitely come in R9... and that for R10 it was a dead fucking cert, I think I should stick to using Nostromo than being Nostrodamus ;)

I see.

Well, it is a bit misleading to see devices in the shop that won't look that hi-res in the actual program :?

Jmax

28 Sep 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Sep 2017

That made me laugh..

lakinlakin

28 Sep 2017

stp2015 wrote:
28 Sep 2017

That would be awesome.

fieldframe
RE Developer

28 Sep 2017

It would be awesome if Reason 10 contained a big GUI rewrite (which is the only way you'd get Retina-level graphics without a massive performance hit), but I would think we'd have seen a reference to that in the video. It wouldn't have to be super technical like "now we render via Metal on MacOS and DirectX on Windows;" it could simply be billed as something like "new, high-res and high-performance graphics."

Although on the other hand, I suppose the video already had a lot of ground to cover on the synth/rompler/library side. Still, I think we'd see it mentioned on the product page.

tanni

28 Sep 2017

stp2015 wrote:
28 Sep 2017

for my personal taste this is a bit too much 3D for me. I like more the 2D versions.

miscend

28 Sep 2017

I would not mind being able to enlarge Rack Devices in a separate window like you can do with VSTs. Since the artwork is already made in HD it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

josb

28 Sep 2017

I was wondering what the vector shapes in the photo meant. It suggests vectorization of the UI.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Psuper

28 Sep 2017

Scalable GUI would be the one reason I'd jump on upgrading immediately. Everything else announced so far does nothing for me.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

AttenuationHz

28 Sep 2017

Very speculative. Is it any wonder it leads to disappointment!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Exowildebeest

28 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
28 Sep 2017
it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
That's what people always say about everything ;)

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2017

People spend so much time worrying about how pretty and high res a synth GUI is, they forget that they were suppose to be making music with their ears and not their eyes :lol:

stp2015

28 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
28 Sep 2017
People spend so much time worrying about how pretty and high res a synth GUI is, they forget that they were suppose to be making music with their ears and not their eyes :lol:
Don't tell me what to do and what to enjoy :D :lol: :puf_smile:

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2017

stp2015 wrote:
28 Sep 2017
aeox wrote:
28 Sep 2017
Don't tell me what to do and what to enjoy :D :lol: :puf_smile:
I didn't :shock:

kuhliloach

28 Sep 2017

You had me at "graphics" and now I'm bubbling with pure excitement.

• Information