Pricing of Europa and Grain in the Prop Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

04 Oct 2017

Propellerhead was wanting 69 dollars for the Softube amps, iirc before they became available natively in the the Reason program.

Since the new synths are REs, and they are likely to not be included in Reason Essentials, what do you suppose Propellerhead will charge for them?

I say 119.

(Not that any Essentials user will buy them. When you add the two synths and the piano you would be slightly over the price of an Essentials upgrade to Reason.
If you are a Reason 9 user, 119 for one vs. 129 for both and a few other goodies is a no-brainer for the upgrade)

If they're really cheeky, they'll do 149 - but I'll stick with 119.

EdGrip

04 Oct 2017

They won't be available to buy in the Prop Shop, any more than Thor is.

Because they are stock devices.

stratatonic

04 Oct 2017

EdGrip wrote:
04 Oct 2017

Softube is now a native effect with a .repatch extension. But it wasn't stock before. And was in the PropShop.
Synchronous will be native FX with a .repatch extension? It wasn't before either. In the PropShop as well.
Europa will be a native instrument with .repatch extension - from the Europa streaming vid. Why not in the Prop Shop?
Thor has .thor

Exowildebeest

04 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
04 Oct 2017
EdGrip wrote:
04 Oct 2017

Softube is now a native effect with a .repatch extension. But it wasn't stock before. And was in the PropShop.
Synchronous will be native FX with a .repatch extension? It wasn't before either. In the PropShop as well.
Europa will be a native instrument with .repatch extension - from the Europa streaming vid. Why not in the Prop Shop?
Thor has .thor
The Softubes were never in the shop if I remember correctly.

Europa and Grain may make use of R10.0 features that prevent them from appearing in the shop for lower versions. And besides, the whole point of these devices seems to be that they're stock devices. So don't expect them in the shop. For Reason Essentials though... I don't know. My guess is that they'll still want these devices to be a draw for the full version of Reason.

QVprod

04 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
04 Oct 2017
EdGrip wrote:
04 Oct 2017

Thor has .thor
They only did that twice. With Reason 9 every thing that came with the previous 2 versions was embedded in the program and not available in the shop. Serves to say Europa and Grain will be embedded in the program as well. I'd be surprised if they went back to putting bundled content in the shop.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

05 Oct 2017

The two Softube amps were available as separate Rack Extensions at one moment (I remember I found it funny that, despite being made by Softube, they were sold under the Propellerhead label...) and I also think their price was 69$. Pulsar and Audiomatic were also previously available as separate purchases.

But it doesn't feel like Europa and Grain (or Klang, Pangea and Humana) will be available separately... Propellerhead seem to have changed the way they want to market and sell new devices...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

FlowerSoldier

05 Oct 2017

Grain looks like a Suped-up Malstreom (one of my favorite synths of all time). I'd be surprised if they were available in the Prop Shop. That would mean there is no incentive to upgrade...Also, I think the point updates will be worth it.

Gaja

05 Oct 2017

Actually the Softube amps were always bundled with Reason from version 8 upwards. But for users of versions below 8 they were available in the shop.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

jlgrimes

06 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
04 Oct 2017
Propellerhead was wanting 69 dollars for the Softube amps, iirc before they became available natively in the the Reason program.

Since the new synths are REs, and they are likely to not be included in Reason Essentials, what do you suppose Propellerhead will charge for them?

I say 119.

(Not that any Essentials user will buy them. When you add the two synths and the piano you would be slightly over the price of an Essentials upgrade to Reason.
If you are a Reason 9 user, 119 for one vs. 129 for both and a few other goodies is a no-brainer for the upgrade)

If they're really cheeky, they'll do 149 - but I'll stick with 119.
Yeah. I think they are update incentives. But then again Props have some synths that are Rack Extensions only so Im not entirely sure.

RandyEspoda

06 Oct 2017

They'll both be stock devices. They won't be in the shop. They wouldn't make such a hype out of it, and also say themselves that they'll be included 'standard' in the rack to have them sold in the shop as RE afterwards. Would be really stupid of them to pull something like that off, so they won't be doing that imo. Marketing-wise that's a stupid move.

• Information